Should Al Riveron be investigated?

ny33

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-made-catch-rule-worse-latest-explanation-thats-bound-inflame-fans-players-023844170.html

"It turns out you can even screw up an NFL catch via telephone. NFL vice president of officiating Al Riveron proved it Sunday, overturning a Bills touchdown catch during a 37-16 Bills loss to the New England Patriots."

" By the letter of the NFL law, Riveron was supposed to yield to his guys on the field. Instead, he chimed in from the league’s operations headquarters and overturned the play – without an actual explanation on the field."

WOOOOOW.... Reading this entire article made my blood boil. There are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to start. People should be outraged everywhere.
 It's worth reading all the way through, as the two men who formerly held Al Riveron's position chimed in & were pretty ticked off too. This is a mess.

If this doesn't prove collusion I don't know what does.

I don't understand why Bills fans continue to be surprised by this. Good teams get calls, middling/bad teams don't. Simple as that. If we all of a sudden have a HoF coach and QB, and become a ratings and ticket darling, then we'll get calls too. The NFL isn't unique in this, it happens in other sports too. 

4 minutes ago, Dorkington said:

I don't understand why Bills fans continue to be surprised by this. Good teams get calls, middling/bad teams don't. Simple as that. If we all of a sudden have a HoF coach and QB, and become a ratings and ticket darling, then we'll get calls too. The NFL isn't unique in this, it happens in other sports too. 

This is ridiculous thinking.  So because "good teams get calls," blatantly bad, if not corrupt, calls should be accepted?   

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Fund the search for lamented long-lost cooler?

Super Tailgate at Hammer's! :beer:

Heck, if everyone sends me ALL their NFL money, I might even by Hammer a NEW lot next to the new stadium.  As soon as DD let's me know where it's going to be built, that is...

7 minutes ago, Dorkington said:

You can either choose to live in the real world, or not, up to you. 

So I guess there's no need to ever complain about anything.  Just accept it because the person who benefits is just better than you. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

So I guess there's no need to ever complain about anything.  Just accept it because the person who benefits is just better than you. 

I do, and I did over this call.  Doesn't help much if only a handful are heard from but I'm foolish that way.

I also do crazy things like email my representatives.

For those interested.

officeofcommissioner@nfl.com

56 minutes ago, Dorkington said:

This is a gross oversimplification. When you say "Good teams get calls", it's really only one team coming up over and over again - for the wrong reasons.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

We're a Nielsen family.  From now on I won't be wearing my monitor when watching the NFL, however much longer that is.

Did those things ever  exist?

53 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

NFL=Big Fuking Joke.  The people that keep giving them money are even bigger jokes. Keep buying tickets, jerseys, TV packages, and going to games and then come home and complain how its not fair.  do what I did almost 10 years ago, stop buying their **** product, unless you find it at a thrift shop or garage sale, that way the NFL does not get more money. 

I think that = BFJ

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Been doing it for over a year.  Not sure how much longer we'll keep doing it though.

Why not?

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Keep giving the money then and things like this will continue to happen. Have fun watching WWE, im mean NFL, at least the wrestlers admitted what they do is fake. 

I don't give them anything, I watch the games at home and don't buy merchandise (expect for a Kyle Williams and that was a gift).