Tyrod Taylor & Julian Edelman

1 minute ago, BillsMedia said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. These are real life Bills fan saying this ****. So funny. Worst fans in the NFL.

Not to mention that the Bills are last in passing attempts which has a correlation to the other stats cited. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You compared him to a scrub college QB that was only ever going to be a WR. The comparison is assine at its core. Yes, it is borderline racist to suggest that a QB with a 4:1 TD to int ratio switch positions. If you don’t like him as the Bills QB fine, most agree. 

Edelman was far from a "scrub" QB. He was a three-year starter and set records at Kent St.

He's also become one of the most dangerous WRs in the NFL and has won multiple championship rings as a direct result of his production at the position. Defenses have to game plan and account for him on every single play. That's not a "scrub", by any means.

So now it's racist to suggest that Tyrod possesses better mental/athletic skills and abilities to potentially be even better than that? 

But go on, tell me more about Tyrod's barely .500 w-l record and that 4:1 TD:INT ratio. Maybe you could tell me about that one time he threw for 300 yards, even though it took 5 quarters for him to get there. 

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and led top 10 scoring offenses and had a top 10 QBR and went to the Pro Bowl both years (say what you want but that puts him in the top half of QBs). The guy isn’t switching positions and it is insulting (and borderline racist) to even suggest it. I don’t remember anyone ever suggesting an athletic white QB switches positions (and Tebow doesn’t count because he was an awful QB like Pryor) but we see it all of the time with black QBs. 

Racist? My god.

Tyrod is not a great passer. Not good actually. That is a fact. Above posts have outlined his massively underwhelming passing numbers. The top 10 scoring offense you speak of was despite his passing, not because of it. You know just as well as everyone that the 10th ranked offense was because of his legs and Shady. Tyrod's saving grace is that he doesn't turn the ball over, and obviously thats why his qbr was high.

To ascribe racism to this is rediculous. Let me use your example... Name white QBs who were bad passers but were elite physical specimens with any type of athleticism that even comes close to Tyrods explosiveness or elusiveness. There are none. Tyrod has an elite physical skillset, just not the "It factor" as a QB.

You excluded Tebow, but why? Everyone said he should be a TE or LB. 

I am not neccesarily arguing for it, but I bet Tyrod would make more impact as a WR on a team with competent QB play.

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

Edelman was far from a "scrub" QB. He was a three-year starter and set records at Kent St.

He's also become one of the most dangerous WRs in the NFL and has won multiple championship rings as a direct result of his production at the position. Defenses have to game plan and account for him on every single play. That's not a "scrub", by any means.

So now it's racist to suggest that Tyrod possesses better mental/athletic skills and abilities to potentially be even better than that? 

But go on, tell me more about Tyrod's barely .500 w-l record and that 4:1 TD:INT ratio. Maybe you could tell me about that one time he threw for 300 yards, even though it took 5 quarters for him to get there. 

Think about what you just criticized, “a barely .500 record!!” He’s beaten more than half of the NFL QBs he’s faced. That is the dumbest criticism that I’ve ever read.

Edelman is a great WR. Tyrod Taylor was the ACC offensive player of the year and a 4 year starter. He was a bit of a project but he was always a QB. Edelman never was. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and led top 10 scoring offenses and had a top 10 QBR and went to the Pro Bowl both years (say what you want but that puts him in the top half of QBs). The guy isn’t switching positions and it is insulting (and borderline racist) to even suggest it. I don’t remember anyone ever suggesting an athletic white QB switches positions (and Tebow doesn’t count because he was an awful QB like Pryor) but we see it all of the time with black QBs. 

Lol #raysis

3 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Racist? My god.

Tyrod is not a great passer. Not good actually. That is a fact. Above posts have outlined his massively underwhelming passing numbers. The top 10 scoring offense you speak of was despite his passing, not because of it. You know just as well as everyone that the 10th ranked offense was because of his legs and Shady. Tyrod's saving grace is that he doesn't turn the ball over, and obviously thats why his qbr was high.

To ascribe racism to this is rediculous. Let me use your example... Name white QBs who were bad passers but were elite physical specimens with any type of athleticism that even comes close to Tyrods explosiveness or elusiveness. There are none. Tyrod has an elite physical skillset, just not the "It factor" as a QB.

I am not neccesarily arguing for it, but I bet Tyrod would make more impact as a WR on a team with competent QB play.

So all of these things happened “despite” him?!? Think about how ridiculous that is? 

51 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that’s insulting. Edelman was a QB at Kent State and Tyrod has a winning record in the NFL. The guy has the lowest INT percentage ever but we want to make him a WR?!? It’s okay to not like Tyrod as the Bills QB but he isn’t changing positions. 

How is it insulting ?    Kordell Stewart had higher peaks at qb and went to wideout. 

4 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Racist? My god.

Thank you. That was really what I was trying to get at. I'm not arguing for it either, it was simply a hypothetical. 

Considering his great work ethic and all of the other things that make him pretty much the ideal professional athlete, it's not hard to imagine him developing from a backup/borderline starting QB into an elite WR and becoming an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses. It would have been interesting to see, had he chosen that path.

6 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

How is it insulting ?    Kordell Stewart had higher peaks at qb and went to wideout. 

That is not true. Stewart went from “slash” to the offensive player of the year as a QB and then became a journeyman backup. Pryor is the one that jumps out that went QB to WR and he was a lousy NFL QB (coming from a Buckeyes fan). 

13 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Anyone who watched Nate Peterman and then watched Tyrod Taylor come in in the same game, and then would make the argument that Tyrod Taylor is not even an adequate passer.....  it would be amazing to have one week where we didn't bust out the Torches and pitchforks

Yes, 8-year veteran QB Tyrod Taylor is marginally better than 5th round rookie QB starting in his first ever game.

We're all in agreement on that. 

But is that really the standard for performance you want to go by? 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So all of these things happened “despite” him?!? Think about how ridiculous that is? 

Despite his passing. 

Exactly as I said. If he were a good passer everything would be unicorns and rainbows, since passing is the one thing he does not do well.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

This is an emotionally based statement that has no basis in fact.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/25/15689906/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-in-pocket-passing-statistics

It is this emotional BS that leads too many of you to think that Tyrod would be some sort of superstar if he had the right system and OC. 

...sure is "lethal"......passing game is shear evidence........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Asinine premise to begin a thread with. 

Asinine would be "Could Richie Incognito transition into an elite place kicker?" 

There are many parallels between Edelman & Taylor and considering the ongoing disagreement on Taylor's place in the NFL currently, I think it's a perfectly reasonable hypothetical to bring up on a slow Saturday afternoon. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Do you think the Bills should keep him as the starting quarterback next year?

I don't want to see a Rookie starting....or a second year Petermann either......so, TT or another long in the tooth vet.....while the young guys learn.

2 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Yes, 8-year veteran QB Tyrod Taylor is marginally better than 5th round rookie QB starting in his first ever game.

We're all in agreement on that. 

But is that really the standard for performance you want to go by? 

Ahhh...marginally better.   5 ints in one half is all time bad....TT was never that in his worst day......get a grip man.

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

Despite his passing. 

Exactly as I said. If he were a good passer everything would be unicorns and rainbows, since passing is the one thing he does not do well.

He'd be a better Russell Wilson if that was a case.  The Tyrod defenders on this thread are a little testy when you point out his flaws.