Tyrod Taylor & Julian Edelman

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Edelman's toughness helps him at that position.  Tyrod doesn't have the toughness that Edelman has.  Not the same type of player at all.

You can't say that for sure. Taylor has never been in a position to demonstrate it to that degree. However, based on what I have seen of TT, I have no reason to doubt that he wouldn't be every bit as "tough" as Edelman. 

5 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

You can't say that for sure. Taylor has never been in a position to demonstrate it to that degree. However, based on what I have seen of TT, I have no reason to doubt that he wouldn't be every bit as "tough" as Edelman. 

I just look at the way they run with the ball.  Edelman looks for contact and Tyrod doesn't.  That to me shows a lot about their toughness.  Edelman thrives with that type of aggressive hard hitting.  Tyrod doesn't take a lot of hits running the ball. 

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and led top 10 scoring offenses and had a top 10 QBR and went to the Pro Bowl both years (say what you want but that puts him in the top half of QBs). The guy isn’t switching positions and it is insulting (and borderline racist) to even suggest it. I don’t remember anyone ever suggesting an athletic white QB switches positions (and Tebow doesn’t count because he was an awful QB like Pryor) but we see it all of the time with black QBs. 

I would definitely say that Tebow counts...

most only transition to another position if they can't make it professionally at QB like Pryor  or Tebow

if Tebow was smart he would've listened and transitioned to a tight end immediately.He could've had more success

Eric Crouch was an award winning QB in college and he got drafted as a WR

Scott Frost was a Jonny Unitas award finalist in college and he got transitioned to safety 

it happens to white guys too Kirby 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Asinine premise to begin a thread with. 

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

Asinine would be "Could Richie Incognito transition into an elite place kicker?" 

There are many parallels between Edelman & Taylor and considering the ongoing disagreement on Taylor's place in the NFL currently, I think it's a perfectly reasonable hypothetical to bring up on a slow Saturday afternoon

You just joined the board 3 hours ago.

You got a user name that is the Bills vs. Tom Brady record in Buffalo.

You immediately start this, I'll quote 26 "asinine" thread.

All 1 day before the Bills Patriot game.

Sheesh, could someone close the screen door..........................all the bugs are getting in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I just look at the way they run with the ball.  Edelman looks for contact and Tyrod doesn't.  That to me shows a lot about their toughness.  Edelman thrives with that type of aggressive hard hitting.  Tyrod doesn't take a lot of hits running the ball. 

As a QB, it's part of the job description to avoid contact. I don't hold that against him. 

2 learned that lesson the hard way against Indy. 

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

As a QB, it's part of the job description to avoid contact. I don't hold that against him. 

2 learned that lesson the hard way against Indy. 

I understand that but I don't think he plays with the same grit that Edelman does.  Don't think he'd translate well to the position

...and led top 10 scoring offenses and had a top 10 QBR and went to the Pro Bowl both years (say what you want but that puts him in the top half of QBs). The guy isn’t switching positions and it is insulting (and borderline racist) to even suggest it. I don’t remember anyone ever suggesting an athletic white QB switches positions (and Tebow doesn’t count because he was an awful QB like Pryor) but we see it all of the time with black QBs. 

:wacko::wacko:freaking social justice warrior.  

I think that’s insulting. Edelman was a QB at Kent State and Tyrod has a winning record in the NFL. The guy has the lowest INT percentage ever but we want to make him a WR?!? It’s okay to not like Tyrod as the Bills QB but he isn’t changing positions. 

He has the lowest int% because the defense even catch his throws.  I guess that's not a bad thing.  We just need to draft a receiver with extension ladders for arms.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You just joined the board 3 hours ago.

You got a user name that is the Bills vs. Tom Brady record in Buffalo.

You immediately start this, I'll quote 26 "asinine" thread.

All 1 day before the Bills Patriot game.

Sheesh, could someone close the screen door..........................all the bugs are getting in.

Sure did join 3 hours ago. Needed something to do to kill a couple of hours today until the holiday mayhem kicks in this afternoon. 

User name was the Bills record when I first started to follow them and become a fan as a kid. 

Started this thread because it was something that I thought was interesting. You clicked on it, so I can't help you there. 

Coincidence, I guess? 

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Racist? The guy he was drawing the comparison to was a white QB who switched to WR.

4 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

...And there it is. 

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to whip that one out.

It's amazing you went there, considering I compared Tyrod to a white player who found success transitioning from QB to WR. But you just couldn't help yourself, right? 

If his name was Jim, or Steve, or Phil... Would you want him to be a quarterback or wide receiver?... Actually, I wouldn't want a quarterback named Steve, every Steve I've met an !@#$

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Racist? The guy he was drawing the comparison to was a white QB who switched to WR.

He wasn’t ever going to be an nfl qb. He either switched positions or found a new profession, like MarQueis Gray. That isn’t the same just because Edelman is white. That’s like saying “Vick should be a WR because Hogan used to play lacrosse.”

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He wasn’t ever going to be an nfl qb. He either switched positions or found a new profession, like MarQueis Gray. That isn’t the same just because Edelman is white. That’s like saying “Vick should be a WR because Hogan used to play lacrosse.”

Any excuse is a good excuse to cry racism. Now we all know how not racist you are.

22 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Any excuse is a good excuse to cry racism. Now we all know how not racist you are.

He's not raysis you schmuck. I met him in goergia as a klan rally, he had a rainbow flag on his Prius and is dating a black man.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

This is an emotionally based statement that has no basis in fact.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/25/15689906/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-in-pocket-passing-statistics

It is this emotional BS that leads too many of you to think that Tyrod would be some sort of superstar if he had the right system and OC. 

Posted it somewhere else because I thought it was interesting.  The Ravens are now averaging almost 25ppg with Roman.  Here we are at 19ppg.  I think it says a lot about Dennison.  Dennison's best games have been Lynn/Roman impersonations.

8 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

It would be fair to add QB rushes to their passing stats.  Consider each run a completion and add the rushing yardage to their passing yardage totals.

Not stating this specifically for or against TT, but just in general think it's unfair that if a QB scrambles and gains even one yard, that counts as positive rushing yards.  But if he  gets tackled one yard BEHIND the LOS that counts as a scak, but not counted in any way plus or minus towards rushing yard totals.

TT has played nothing but QB since he was 5 years old. Except for Wildcat snaps @ Ravens and Bills, every snap.

He plays it differently for sure - but he has proven he belongs in the NFL.

Will prolly not reach the ultimate success level but dude can play and win at this level - no need to move to WR.