Belichick sabotaging Pats future?

Gate To Wire

11 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Maybe BB is showing compassion in his old age ?. I am glad for Jimmy G that they didn't send him to Cleveland, in SF we will see if he is the QB I THINK he can be or not. All Cleveland done is killed another QBs career.

You continue to allude to Cleveland.

It would be more of them worrying about trading him to the AFC than your perception of QB hell.

Trade to a partner near the top of draft board outside of any AFC team and it was successful. The rumors of Frisco 

desiring JG were publicized for many weeks.

Trading Garrapolo was 100% BB decision.  Kraft didnt stop him from trading Brady. Brady is signed through 2019 and has a cap hit of around 22 mil per year . He will be getting an extension this offseason to reduce cap .

No way was NE going to franchise Jimmy at 25 million.

10 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Jimmy G is completely unproven.   Lets see how he does when NFL defenses get some decent film on the guy, I'll tell you right now the odds are strongly in favor of him being no better than average if he's lucky.

P.s.  belichicks trades usually suck, look at seymour and more recently chandler jones.   

The fail is strong with this post :P

Jimmy G will prove he is a special talent imo...I believe he is now 5-0 in games played in his career

Edited by JaCrispy

36 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Trading Garrapolo was 100% BB decision.  Kraft didnt stop him from trading Brady. Brady is signed through 2019 and has a cap hit of around 22 mil per year . He will be getting an extension this offseason to reduce cap .

No way was NE going to franchise Jimmy at 25 million.

Ok then, why didnt they take a number one from Cleveland then before the season?

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They should have taken the first that Cleveland offered. That was a mistake for the Pats.

I don’t think BB is sabotaging them but it has become a bit of a measuring contest between he and Brady. They both threw their little wieners on the table to see whose was less embarrassing.

I don't think it's that simple. The pats did get over half of season of service from jimmy G by not trading him, and while that may not sound like much given that he didn't play, you never know what might happen beforehand with regard to injuries and age-related decline. By the time they traded him, they were well on their way to the playoffs. So I think it's a similar deal at the end of the day. A pick in the high 30s is a good pick too, albeit not a top 5 pick for sure. 

14 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

They were still in negotiations with Jimmy G at that time but they fell threw. I also don't think he wanted to send him to QB hell that is Cleveland.

This is most likely the case. Apparently BB thought very highly of JG and was adamant that they send him to a team where he would be in the best position to build his career. 

•  
10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Trading Brady would be all time ruthless, emperor Palpatine would be like "Damn son, that is harsh!"

But it would have been the right move.  After maybe a superbowl fringe MVP season.  If he wins its because Rodgers and Wentz both missed significant time.  What would they have gotten?  2 first?  A First and 2 defensive starters?  He could have revamped the roster top to bottom and been set up for another 10 years.  Yes Garrapalo is unproven but on draft day this past year and a team with 2 first round picks calls about your back up Qb why would you tell them no and not even listen to offers if you dont want to keep him long term.  The trading of Brissett and Garapalo for next to nothing seems reactionary and poor foresight  Both things you could never describe Bill as.   Imo complete circumstantial and just piecing the things that has been leaked together.  Bill has had a head nod unspoken thing that Garapalo was going to be franchised or sign long term after this season.  He also was going to arm Brady with the tools ride off like Elway.  Bill went as far to removing Brady's trainer access because he was not in the future plans and wanted to cut to be clean and seamless at the end of the year.  I believe when his trainer was demoted removed what have you it become very clear Bill was moving on.  He felt this way for awhile that is why he released his health stuff not only for profit but put some evidence to his claims he can play past 45.  At this point Brady has a sit down with Kraft and Kraft then made it clear to Bill Brady was going to retire a Patriot and they were not going to commit long term to Garapalo.  This was a few days before the dead line so Bill looked at the standings and called the the worst record in the NFC.  So he will not face him multiple times a year.  The same guy he wouldnt listen to about Garapalo he now calls and loses all leverage and takes the best offer they had.  

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:
  •  

But it would have been the right move.  After maybe a superbowl fringe MVP season.  If he wins its because Rodgers and Wentz both missed significant time.  What would they have gotten?  2 first?  A First and 2 defensive starters?  He could have revamped the roster top to bottom and been set up for another 10 years.  Yes Garrapalo is unproven but on draft day this past year and a team with 2 first round picks calls about your back up Qb why would you tell them no and not even listen to offers if you dont want to keep him long term.  The trading of Brissett and Garapalo for next to nothing seems reactionary and poor foresight  Both things you could never describe Bill as.   Imo complete circumstantial and just piecing the things that has been leaked together.  Bill has had a head nod unspoken thing that Garapalo was going to be franchised or sign long term after this season.  He also was going to arm Brady with the tools ride off like Elway.  Bill went as far to removing Brady's trainer access because he was not in the future plans and wanted to cut to be clean and seamless at the end of the year.  I believe when his trainer was demoted removed what have you it become very clear Bill was moving on.  He felt this way for awhile that is why he released his health stuff not only for profit but put some evidence to his claims he can play past 45.  At this point Brady has a sit down with Kraft and Kraft then made it clear to Bill Brady was going to retire a Patriot and they were not going to commit long term to Garapalo.  This was a few days before the dead line so Bill looked at the standings and called the the worst record in the NFC.  So he will not face him multiple times a year.  The same guy he wouldnt listen to about Garapalo he now calls and loses all leverage and takes the best offer they had.  

I agree but you just don't trade your HOF QB unless he is shot and then you pay him off to retire. However Brady is still playing great and trading him at this point is foolish even if he is 90 years old. They will just draft another QB and he will probably be great in their system too.

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:
  •  

Where do come up with this? Total speculation.

Kraft does not tell BB how to run the team. BB has 100% control.

I think it might be a case of Kraft sabotaging the Pats future rather than Belichick doing the deed.  As the rumors went after the Garoppolo trade, Brady complained to Kraft that he felt that Belichick was going to trade him and go with Garoppolo, which prompted Kraft to insist on getting rid of Garoppolo.   That would explain both why a new deal with Garoppolo fell through and why the Pats were willing to part with him for less than teams had offered earlier.  It's not the only scenario that would explain both results but it also explains the anomaly for a football team would keep a forty-year-old QB and send the bright young prospect packing -- unless the team felt the bright young prospect wasn't going to mature into a starter (although if they were trying to negotiate a deal with Garoppolo, that kind of negates that idea).  Keep in mind that the last time Belichick faced this choice, in 2002, he sent Bledsoe, who was in his early thirties at the time, to the Bills and kept Brady when it was still debatable how good Brady would be ... so Brady might have some reason to be concerned.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I agree but you just don't trade your HOF QB unless he is shot and then you pay him off to retire. However Brady is still playing great and trading him at this point is foolish even if he is 90 years old. They will just draft another QB and he will probably be great in their system too.

Right.  Because the Pats have been finding and developing great QBs regularly since they drafted Brady.

9 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I dont see the strength in his throws. Thought it was just me but have spoke to some reasonable Pats fans and they said the same. Then heard the same on the radio this week. Remember how fast Payton's arm fell off.

I do...but also remember that PM had that nasty neck issue....Brady, beside that achille's is/has been fairly healthy....I just thought it was a bit much to say " he's falling fast " when in fact, he's having a MVP type season....

Father time will win eventually, I just don't think it's happening for another couple of years....

Edited by Iron Maiden

1 hour ago, Iron Maiden said:

I do...but also remember that PM had that nasty neck issue....Brady, beside that achille's is/has been fairly healthy....I just thought it was a bit much to say " he's falling fast " when in fact, he's having a MVP type season....

Father time will win eventually, I just don't think it's happening for another couple of years....

The good news is he’s getting hit more than in the past, so maybe we can accelerate the process? 

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

He can still be on the sideline. In fact he still hasvan office in Gillette

He is not allowed on the sidelines.  Read the news 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/mike-golic-why-was-tom-brady-trainer-banned-alex-guerrero-patriots

According to the Globe, Bill Belichick stripped Guerrero of sideline access, and he will no longer be able to fly with the team or be on the sidelines during games. Guerrero still has an office at Gillette Stadium, but will only be able to treat Brady.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He is not allowed on the sidelines or Gillette property.  Read the news 

Yeah he is. He is not allowed to treat other players at Gillette. They have to go to TB 12. Like I said he still has an office in Gillette