This would be the biggest win since...?

SWATeam

Here's the thing, this would be a massive win in every sense of the word.

But keep in mind the Bills would still need to go to Miami and win and can you imagine them losing that game after winning in New England and not making the playoffs? Would be the most epic failure in Bills history, maybe NFL history.

The most ironic part about this game and assuming a split in the final two, the Bills have the better chance of making the playoffs if they beat Miami and lose against the Pats instead of vice versa.

A win in Miami is no given, and a loss there would not be embarrassing.  Look at who they just beat at home...  Regardless, just one more win still puts us in pretty good shape.

A loss next week would not diminish the importance of our new head coach marching into foxborough and winning a meaningful game against Brady and belechick.  To say it would mean nothing if we miss the playoffs is laughable.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Here's the thing, this would be a massive win in every sense of the word.

But keep in mind the Bills would still need to go to Miami and win and can you imagine them losing that game after winning in New England and not making the playoffs? Would be the most epic failure in Bills history, maybe NFL history.

The most ironic part about this game and assuming a split in the final two, the Bills have the better chance of making the playoffs if they beat Miami and lose against the Pats instead of vice versa.

If they beat pats and lose to the fins than they don't deserve it. But that would in fact be a very Billsy thing to do. 

24 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

A win this Sunday against the hated patriots*, and the accompanying playoff implications, would be the biggest win since when?  It would certainly be the biggest of the drought.

It is time.

....Since . . .. EVER!

Edited by BuffaloMatt

Just now, ProcessTheTrust said:

Had to look this up....since Dec 26, 2004 vs SF. That win got us to 9-6 and put us in position for a supposed cake walk vs the Steelers' back ups week 17. Welp...

I’d say that is right, I was thinking about that scenario.  This game, being against the Patriots, means a bit more to me.

6 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Had to look this up....since Dec 26, 2004 vs SF. That win got us to 9-6 and put us in position for a supposed cake walk vs the Steelers' back ups week 17. Welp...

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I’d say that is right, I was thinking about that scenario.  This game, being against the Patriots, means a bit more to me.

I get that. I agree. The added bonus of beating NE in their house this late in a game they are going all out would be a huge statement. But the question being "this is biggest win since ___________ ", not "Would this win be more meaningful than when we beat _________"

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

21 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

If they lose in Miami next week and miss the playoffs absolutely nothing.

Hell if they're going to go 9-7 Miamis the game I'd rather see them win.  It would just be too Billsy so to speak to lose a game to get you in

Miami is the must-win for us.  But knocking New England out of the #1 seed would be  a fantastic win no matter the outcome of our season. 

1 minute ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I get that. I agree. The added bonus of beating NE in their house this late in a game they are going all out would be a huge statement. But the question being "this is biggest game since ___________ ", not "Would this win be more meaningful than when we beat _________"

Opponent is part of the “bigness” of a win, to me at least.

51 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

quite a few of those Steeler backups turned out to be all-pro caliber players, so that defeat in hindsight was not as bad as it felt at the time.  And it felt terrible.  I drove from PIT w/ Steeler fans to watch it.  Totally terrible ride back.  

I actually read an article that covered this topic a little bit, it was about recent "heart-warming" victories.  I'm not sure what you mean by "biggest," if you mean by most important than probably since the victory against San Fran that ProcessTheTrust mentioned.. As for impactful and most enjoyable, I'd say probably since we beat Green Bay at home in '14. 

As for that article, it brought up our wins against Indianapolis in the first game under Rex, the Green Bay game, and when we came back from 21 down at home against New England to start 3-0. You could read it here.