I tried but I'm a homer

section122

I tried to keep it cool.  I tried not to get wrapped up in playoff hopefulness.  I tried to remain a "realist."  I tried to stay away from buying in.

I can't.

I'm a homer through and through.  Sitting at work sipping kool-aid on this fine Friday before Christmas and it's delicious!  Screw all the negative Nancies!  For the first time in 13 years we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in week 16.

The Bills will beat the Patriots this Sunday.  This is the game we will look back on as when the Bills finally overcame the patriot hump.  This is the game where Brady's magic runs out.  This is the game where we take control of our own destiny.  This is the game where we all get back on board with the process.  This is the game where the Bills finally win a game that matters.  This is the game where we all get a Merry Christmas.  This is the game.

Go Bills!  !@#$ the Patriots!

• Like (+1) 16

I also think we have a good shot.  I think, most of all, this will be the ultimate test for our coaching staff.  Where in the past we have always been grossly out-coached by the hoodie.  McCoach and crew had a pretty good game plan for Brady last time.  We just couldn’t move the ball.  Let’s hope we can get it done this time.

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

I tried to keep it cool.  I tried not to get wrapped up in playoff hopefulness.  I tried to remain a "realist."  I tried to stay away from buying in.

I can't.

I'm a homer through and through.  Sitting at work sipping kool-aid on this fine Friday before Christmas and it's delicious!  Screw all the negative Nancies!  For the first time in 13 years we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in week 16.

The Bills will beat the Patriots this Sunday.  This is the game we will look back on as when the Bills finally overcame the patriot hump.  This is the game where Brady's magic runs out.  This is the game where we take control of our own destiny.  This is the game where we all get back on board with the process.  This is the game where the Bills finally win a game that matters.  This is the game where we all get a Merry Christmas.  This is the game.

Same here.  As much as I've said I wanted the Bills to play for a draft spot, I end up hopeful and always rooting for them to win.  My disdain for #5, however, is real and I can't wait for the Bills to turn that blank page.  But one player does not make a team.  

As much of a no-brainer that is that the Bills will get their asses handed to them on Sunday, I'm still going in thinking we've got a real chance to win.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I also think we have a good shot.  I think, most of all, this will be the ultimate test for our coaching staff.  Where in the past we have always been grossly out-coached by the hoodie.  McCoach and crew had a pretty good game plan for Brady last time.  We just couldn’t move the ball.  Let’s hope we can get it done this time.

If Mcd can win in foxborough in December, I'm all for building a statue of him outside of New Era Field lol 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Same here.  As much as I've said I wanted the Bills to play for a draft spot, I end up hopeful and always rooting for them to win.  My disdain for #5, however, is real and I can't wait for the Bills to turn that blank page.  But one player does not make a team.  

As much of a no-brainer that is that the Bills will get their asses handed to them on Sunday, I'm still going in thinking we've got a real chance to win.

Go Bills!

You are reading my mind.  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed I was really impressed with the defensive game plan in the first go round.  If the offense could have held up their end the Bills had a very good shot at winning.  Brady has looked very human the last 3 games as well.  It all comes down to shutting down gronk.  Do that and Brady gets shut down.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Go Bills!

The bolded could have gone in my op.  I know it doesn't make sense I just can't fight my hopefulness lol.  It struck me last night while I was playing poker.  The Bills will beat the Patriots this weekend!  Ever since then I can't get it out of my head!

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, section122 said:

I can't.

13 years?

We were 8-6 heading into week 16 3 years ago.

Brady has not looked the same during this Achilles injury, not as much zip on the ball. I also think we have a shot. We only gave up 23 points last time and our (awefense) was terrible. 

Their defense has been playing better as of late after being considered the worst in the league for most of the year. No Rex Burkhead. Why not we have as good a shot now as ever especially if Gaines plays.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

13 years?

We were 8-6 heading into week 16 3 years ago.

we were but the Steelers and Ravens were leading the wild card at 9-5.  Then there were the Chiefs and Chargers at 8-6.  We had a shot but were at the bottom of "other contenders."  I'll give it to you though.  I blacked that year out.  That loss to the Raiders was BRUTAL.

I'm 33.  The last time the bills were relevant like this was when they lost to the Steelers back in I think 06.  

I for for one am glad to be in the convo, and not like other years where 70 different scenarios have to play out.

I like the direction of the team.  Got get a QB this offseason and we can compete even more.  

Even if if we miss out on the playoffs, which I think we will due to the Chargers, I'm glad we were competing till the end.  For some of us who never really knew that before it's a nice thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I'm 33.  The last time the bills were relevant like this was when they lost to the Steelers back in I think 06.  

I for for one am glad to be in the convo, and not like other years where 70 different scenarios have to play out.

I like the direction of the team.  Got get a QB this offseason and we can compete even more.  

Even if if we miss out on the playoffs, which I think we will due to the Chargers, I'm glad we were competing till the end.  For some of us who never really knew that before it's a nice thing. 

Agreed.  There have been some decisions that I didn't like (trading Sammy, starting Peterman, trading Dareus, punt in ot) but it is hard for me to argue results.  McDermott has them in legitimate position to make the playoffs.  Preseason I don't know that even the most hopeful of us thought that was possible.  Especially after the horrible 3 game skid.  They have draft capital and are in a good cap situation.  The future is looking up for the Bills for once!

Be a homer. Don't be shy about it.

Why be "realistic" about a bunch of glandular anomalies in Halloween costumes knocking the snot out of each other?

It is a bizarre spectacle of little meaning, except the meaning we attach to it because it reminds us of home.

Embrace that illogic. Save realism for real topics.

Be. A. Homer.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

Be a homer. Don't be shy about it.

Why be "realistic" about a bunch of glandular anomalies in Halloween costumes knocking the snot out of each other?

It is a bizarre spectacle of little meaning, except the meaning we attach to it because it reminds us of home.

Embrace that illogic. Save realism for real topics.

Be. A. Homer.

Go Bills!

So nice I wish I could like it twice!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

I still refuse to get all worked up and excited. I'm hopeful but I also know all too well what it feels like to watch playoff football without the Bills being in the tournament so I'm cautiously optimistic about the playoff's but excited about the future because it really feels different than in past years.