More from obd

5 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Getting back to football.   I know this is obvious but this is significant to our future. Again, I know this is obvious but it is significant.  Following the season,  our number one priority is to sign Kelvin Benjamin to a long term contract.  I quote you, “it is essential we get this deal done”. We don’t want to pick up Fifth year option or have to franchise him.  We need his signature on a long term  deal to be able to implement our long term plan.  Again, I know this is obvious but I find it interesting how important getting him signed ASAP 

Hey DD

the Panthers picked up Benjamin's 5th year option...

He is under contract with the Bills through 2018 already , we don't have to Franchise him.

we can sign him long term but he's here for 2018 already 

• Like (+1) 3

I know. Long term. He is signed until 2018. I think it calls for 8.5 million.  We don’t want to have to worry about franchising him after next year.  We consider him a number one receiver and want to lock him down now so we can build around.  One less worry. 

Edited by Dunkirk Don
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I think it is cost

I don’t speak for terry. I am sure he doesn’t need investors.  He is not in our group.  I do know former bills have bought land to build new restaurant 

....so how does your group build a stadium complex without an iron clad lease deal in place before putting a shovel in the ground?......

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hey DD

He is under contract with the Bills through 2018 already , we don't have to Franchise him.

:oops:

someone screwed up and it wasn’t 716. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I love the fact the new field will natural turf.  Not sure if you heard our current stadium will be natural turf next year.  Getting us prepared to play on our new field. More and more dots are being connected

Okay.  Then a lot of prominent people will be losing money then

Won't be the first time......

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I know that

Ok, so why is signing him long term a priority at this very moment if he's already locked in through 2018? This is something that doesn't warrant immediate attention. They can handle this, if they feel the need, at ANY point in the offseason. Another clump that doesn't seem wet enough to stick to the wall. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:
55 minutes ago, papazoid said:

pretty sure he said gaines would not play if the game was played a couple days ago

That is correct

So he magically got better and was full participant the last two days...if was that bad he would have been limited one or both days since.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No. 

You said the Bills don't want to pick up his fifth year option.

its already picked up

I know. If we sign him to a long term contract the fifth year away goes away, replaced with a signing bonus that will lower the cap space for next year.  We want to lower the 8.5 million dollar hit. That’s what I meant about not wanting to pick up,the fifth year option. It would go away. We want more space to sign free agents. Did not explain it in the detail required I thought you would understand how that works and the benefits of taking the signing bonus over the length of the contract

Edited by Dunkirk Don

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Ok, so why is signing him long term a priority at this very moment if he's already locked in through 2018? This is something that doesn't warrant immediate attention. They can handle this, if they feel the need, at ANY point in the offseason. Another clump that doesn't seem wet enough to stick to the wall. 

If they can work out a longer term deal they can lower his 2018 cap hit I think. Right now it's like $8.5M.

18 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Getting back to football.   I know this is obvious but this is significant to our future. Again, I know this is obvious but it is significant.  Following the season,  our number one priority is to sign Kelvin Benjamin to a long term contract.  I quote you, “it is essential we get this deal done”. We don’t want to pick up Fifth year option or have to franchise him.  We need his signature on a long term  deal to be able to implement our long term plan.  Again, I know this is obvious but I find it interesting how important getting him signed ASAP 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hey DD

11 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I know. Long term. He is signed until 2018. I think it calls for 8.5 million.  We don’t want to have to worry about franchising him after next year.  We consider him a number one receiver and want to lock him down now so we can build around.  One less worry. 

8 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I know that

:thumbsup: seems you DIDN'T know that. Sources right? Who can trust them. 

Edited by H2o

3 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I know. If we sign him to a long term contract the fifth year away goes away, replaced with a signing bonus that will lower the cap space for next year. million for,next year. That’s what I meant about not wanting to pick up,the fifth year option. Did not explain it in the detail required I thought you would understand how that works and the benefits of taking the signing bonus over the length of the contract

Well i do know how it works and I explained it thoroughly.

you are just vague

of course the Bills can re work his deal... but beane explicitly said the panthers picking up the 5th year option WAS A KEY REASON they made the trade

beane says and I quote " we probably don't make the move if he's not under contract for next year"

Edited by Buffalo716

24 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I didn’t like that he said the cousins information was not true, it was.  But u are right sorry Meade, Dunkirk don was wrong. Please accept sincere apology

Why don't you try apologizing to Mead for bad mouthing him rather than JaCrispy.