Taylor starting

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Cousins is an upgrade, not a huge one, and definitely not one worth the $20-$25 million he'll cost next year.

I'm sorry, but this assumption that Cousins would be very successful in Buffalo with this HC/OC/OL/WRs is just foolish.

As foolish as you thinking Tyrod would be?

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Cousins is an upgrade, not a huge one, and definitely not one worth the $20-$25 million he'll cost next year.

I'm sorry, but this assumption that Cousins would be very successful in Buffalo with this HC/OC/OL/WRs is just foolish.

Oh stop with the obligatory bills bashing to prop up your man.  

Cousins, Clay, McCoy would eat.    Cousins has had no running game and still balls out frequently. 

Its a huge upgrade imo. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

not for nuthin, but i just heard mc d on gr saying the qb situation is still basically in the air. nate is in protocol and day to day........i don't want to derail the topic but tt starting is not a done deal...at all

Maybe God is listening

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey good for you man, I guess I did say he would be lucky to get his 54 yards. Haha, I did not remember posting that. Oh well, Yep you got me man as you continue to bump the Tyrod thread.

What are you going to do next year, if Tyrod is not on the team what are your threads going to look like? What threads will you bump? I can not wait to move on, are you going to be alright with yourself once he is gone. Are you still going to be mad at me? 

I'll probably post threads about whoever our new QB is.

I'm a Bills fan, not a Tyrod Taylor fan.  I already said I thought Peterman would start the rest of the way the moment Taylor got injured against the Pats.  I would have been fine with Peterman starting this week if he didn't stupidly concuss himself against the Colts because he looked good enough in those conditions that I would have liked to see more out of him.

These damn millennials nowadays are fans of players more than teams.  I'm a fan of our football team, that's all.  I stop following players when they leave.  Hell, even Fred Jackson, who was one of my favorite players ever and is the only jersey I own I stopped paying attention to once he went to Seattle. 

And no, I won't be mad at you.  Evidently you're memory is pretty horrible so you might just forget that I ever started a thread about Tyrod Taylor  :flirt:

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'll probably post threads about whoever our new QB is.

I'm a Bills fan, not a Tyrod Taylor fan.  I already said I thought Peterman would start the rest of the way the moment Taylor got injured against the Pats.  I would have been fine with Peterman starting this week if he didn't stupidly concuss himself against the Colts because he looked good enough in those conditions that I would have liked to see more out of him.

These damn millennials nowadays are fans of players more than teams.  I'm a fan of our football team, that's all.  I stop following players when they leave.  Hell, even Fred Jackson, who was one of my favorite players ever and is the only jersey I own I stopped paying attention to once he went to Seattle. 

And no, I won't be mad at you.  Evidently you're memory is pretty horrible so you might just forget that I ever started a thread about Tyrod Taylor  :flirt:

Haha, all good man

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Since I fear Dennison stays next year, I want McBeane to finally do whatever they can to draft a blue chip QB prospect who elevates everyone around him and doesn't require "the system" or "the OC" to elevate him the way Cousins does

Actually I think Cousins is the perfect QB for Dennison and the system we are running. If they came in already thinking that they would target Cousins everything they've done makes a lot of sense. Institute an offensive scheme that fits his talents. Draft a similar QB in the late rounds that you plan on being his long term backup. Bring in a bunch of possession receivers. Clear a ton of cap space to make way for his contract. Gather draft picks to fill the numerous holes around him.

If I had to make a decision I'd say take a QB with our first pick and use the other picks on the rest of the team. But if the choice is Cousins or trade the farm to move up for a QB I'll take Cousins no question. He is a really good QB and he would end up in a better situation here than he has now. That would give us 5 picks in the first 100 picks to fill the team in. The more I think about it the more I like it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Wrong. Cousins is borderline elite right now.

God stop throwing that term out.

Cousins has had the good fortune of great offensive minds calling his plays and as a HC.  He's a good player, but putting Cousins in a category or anywhere close to a category reserved for just 4 QBs today (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben) is absolutely ludicrous.

This conversation is pointless, anyway.  Our staff will draft a QB... possibly bring a cheap vet QB in if they decide not to pick up Taylor's option and keep him another year, but talking about Cousins as an Elite QB brings memories of posters calling Colin Kaepernick & Ryan Tannehill Elite back in 2013/2014.

why is it that  so many fans feel that nate has the skills to get us wins? how is it that so many people are banging the drum for whatever they see in him.

i am  wanting to see nate play . we are going to need a whole different approach in these next 3 games than the same tired tyrod plan.

it's time for the staff to show if they think they are playoff caliber or not.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Actually I think Cousins is the perfect QB for Dennison and the system we are running. If they came in already thinking that they would target Cousins everything they've done makes a lot of sense. Institute an offensive scheme that fits his talents. Draft a similar QB in the late rounds that you plan on being his long term backup. Bring in a bunch of possession receivers. Clear a ton of cap space to make way for his contract. Gather draft picks to fill the numerous holes around him.

If I had to make a decision I'd say take a QB with our first pick and use the other picks on the rest of the team. But if the choice is Cousins or trade the farm to move up for a QB I'll take Cousins no question. He is a really good QB and he would end up in a better situation here than he has now. That would give us 5 picks in the first 100 picks to fill the team in. The more I think about it the more I like it.

I would love to see Cousins and Rudolph here with Peterman as the #3. Then Rudolph taking over in 2019

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Oh stop with the obligatory bills bashing to prop up your man.  

Cousins, Clay, McCoy would eat.    Cousins has had no running game and still balls out frequently. 

Its a huge upgrade imo. 

Bills bashing? 

You mean you think Dennison is a good OC/playcaller and our OL is good?

Well, fine, you're opinion is your opinion.  My opinion is you're dead wrong.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

why is it that  so many fans feel that nate has the skills to get us wins? how is it that so many people are banging the drum for whatever they see in him.

i am  wanting to see nate play . we are going to need a whole different approach in these next 3 games than the same tired tyrod plan.

it's time for the staff to show if they think they are playoff caliber or not.

Fans just want to move on from Tyrod IMO

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I would love to see Cousins and Rudolph here with Peterman as the #3. 

Cousins isn't going somewhere where he's not getting a multi-year deal and he's going to cost a lot of money.

We aren't drafting a QB high AND getting Cousins.  Both of those can't/won't/aren't happening.

As much as you hate this, Tyrod Taylor has a SIGNIFICANTLY better chance of being the Buffalo Bills starting QB in 2018 than Kirk Cousins.

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

Cousins would be the best QB we’ve had here since Kelly.

Do I think we get him? No.

My prediction is the Darnold rumors are true and we trade the house to go get him.

Just my opinion.

i think the heisman trophy winning qb ghost is gonna drop mayfield in our lap....i bet this shoos off a few gms......if/when tyrod drops us out and we end up with the 8-8 pick.