Peterman - Bad Passes vs. Catchable Passes

Gugny

I had to listen to the game on the radio today.

My question is specific to the "catchability" of Peterman's passes.  It sounded like a good percentage of his incompletions could have been caught.

This isn't meant to be a criticism to the receivers.  I simply would like to know if he threw good passes.  Obviously, with the weather they were enjoying, nothing was easy.

Thank you.

I think most of Peterman's passes were catchable under ordinary circumstances.  Like every QB he threw some passes that receivers had to stretch or jump, or adjust to in some way.  The weather being what it was, I can't be too hard on a receiver for not making an otherwise makeable reception.

• Like (+1) 1

Hard to lay blame with the conditions today. In a normal game, those passes should have been caught. Ball hits you in the palms within your catch radius, you bring that catch in. I am glad there wasnt a Colt behind Clay because of the way it bounced off his hands it would have been an easy INT

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think it's tough to judge anyone's performance fairly today. All we can take from this game is a win.

I agree and judging isn't my goal.  I just want to know if he threw accurate passes.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

If he would not have gotten hurt this game would not have  been close imo

Thanks, John.  Are you ready to share a pic of your sidehug squeeze yet??  ;)

Peterman is so frustrating to watch because hes making aggressive mistakes that you feel he should know better than.  At least he was much more careful and willing to take sacks this game instead of just flinging it up.  Lets hope he learns just as quickly from this and doesn't put his body at risk.