Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • SDS

      Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

      I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
YoloinOhio

Browns Fire Sashi, announce Hue Jackson will return in 2018 (Dorsey may have other plans)

Recommended Posts

This is what lots of fans here seem to want.  Dumping executives and coaches after the first moment of anger towards them.  It's working out well for the Browns so far.

Edited by Woodman19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Woodman19 said:

This is what lots of fans here seem to want.  Dumping executives and coaches after the first moment of anger towards them.

 

This guy gets it, and the scary thing is the number of Bills fans that are currently on board this very train.


STUPID.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

 

EXACTLY my point. The guy was on track, and didn't even get a SHOT at a QB.

 

Fail ownership there. Let's hope ours is smarter.

 

He had his chance to take a QB, and as always that's what makes or breaks a GM.  Personally, I really liked what the Browns were doing.  Looks to me like most teams would be lucky to have Brown as part of their scouting/draft department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Acantha said:

He had his chance to take a QB, and as always that's what makes or breaks a GM.  Personally, I really liked what the Browns were doing.  Looks to me like most teams would be lucky to have Brown as part of their scouting/draft department.

 

26CopyPaste posted a twitter link that shows just how effective the guy had been despite the w/l record.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesixpack said:

 

26CopyPaste posted a twitter link that shows just how effective the guy had been despite the w/l record.

 

 

Thanks JoeCrapPack

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesixpack said:

 

it's like the whole anti-sabres-tank argument.

 

the tank worked. you got your main guy. it's what you did AFTERWARD that failed.

 

They picked the wrong main guy and so could any team.  Go ahead and blame everyone else if you want but Luck has been a debacle when compared to the resources expended for him.  Alex Smith went 20 some picks before Aaron Rodgers and was a consensus better prospect by all of these geniuses.  Another team picked a guy in the 6th round and did ok.

 

If it were easy, all of these stupid discussions could be avoided.  Why not just draft the backup QB from Southeast Utah State Ag and Tech?  As long as we make him a top 5 pick we'll be awesome for a decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But...but...but...MONEYBALL!!!  I was told countless times how the baseball guy would wow the NFL with a new way of building a roster!

 

Actually the owner is the guy who needs to go, but we know that won't happen.

Edited by eball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue isn’t that their drafts have “sucked” over last 2 years, it's that they continuously pass on elite talent and QB at the top  of the draft that they  are consistently positioned to get due to their poor record. That is where the difference makers are... they are right in their lap and they say nah, we’re good with more “multi-year contributors.” What does that even mean? They aren’t cut after 1 year? Congrats. Two years ago they drafted 5(!) WRs including one in the 1st and they are all bad or gone. They have added some good talent but the guys they have passed up at the top at key positions like Qb and pass rusher that can transform a team is egregious. Joey Bosa was right down the street! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Are you kidding? It's one job of 32. Factor in all of the picks they have on the books. The Browns could give a retread GM a real chance to put them self back on the map.

 

I absolutely am not kidding.  Despite the lack of great quarterback play the Browns have put together a nice roster.   There are plenty of coaches who get teams to a .500 record despite a quarterback, take for instance the last five years here in Buffalo.  What the Browns are left with now is coach who has won 1 game in the last two years, and who also seems to have major sway with ownership.   Maybe I am way off, but if I am a General Manager I want to hire my guy, not someone who has shown he has an agenda.

 

If they hire a new guy he better be on board with Hue Jackson do or die, because his entire first year as a GM will be a wash.  With the ownership they have in place, whoever they hire as GM now, if they have to keep Hue will be on the seat in a year looking to hire a new head coach.

Edited by thenorthremembers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

 

Andrew Luck called and said building around a QB doesn't always work.

 

All those 11-5 seasons and playoffs were a nightmare 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hue finally won a power struggle!

 

So the new GM is going to have to play the whole "wait and see game" and waste year 1 before firing Hue to start his 2nd year....

 

 

 

 

Edited by TheFunPolice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesixpack said:

 

Well, duh I'm no cook :lol:

 

 

Oh yeah you are.... a TSW Crap Cook. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Oh yeah you are.... a TSW Crap Cook. 

 

 

 

Pff. You're gonna have to try harder than that 26TaylorFanboy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

 

I absolutely am not kidding.  Despite the lack of great quarterback play the Browns have put together a nice roster.   There are plenty of coaches who get teams to a .500 record despite a quarterback, take for instance the last five years here in Buffalo.  What the Browns are left with now is coach who has won 1 game in the last two years, and who also seems to have major sway with ownership.   Maybe I am way off, but if I am a General Manager I want to hire my guy, not someone who has shown he has an agenda.

 

If they hire a new guy he better be on board with Hue Jackson do or die, because his entire first year as a GM will be a wash.  With the ownership they have in place, whoever they hire as GM now, if they have to keep Hue will be on the seat in a year looking to hire a new head coach.

I wouldn't assume that Jackson goes past this year, you could be right though I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesixpack said:

 

Pff. You're gonna have to try harder than that 26TaylorFanboy

 

 

Except you're wrong as usual despite typical ignorant veracity.  2018 1st round QB for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

Except you're wrong as usual despite typical ignorant veracity.  2018 1st round QB for me. 

 

ORLY?


when did you come around to the truth on TT?

 

Musta missed that revelation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joesixpack said:

 

ORLY?


when did you come around to the truth on TT?

 

Musta missed that revelation.

 

 

Won't be the 1st you missed nor the last. Keep clapping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×