Doug Marrone: Media Darling?

They fired there coach last year and they are winning the division.  By plurging the front office this past offseason imo Marrone was right and Pegula was too new to the franchise to see where there issues were.

Edited by Mat68

It's all fun and games when you are winning. When you are losing and the team isn't buying in to the hard nosed approach and so you skip town in the middle of the night but still collect your salary like a thief then it's not so much fun anymore

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

It's all fun and games when you are winning. When you are losing and the team isn't buying in to the hard nosed approach and so you skip town in the middle of the night but still collect your salary like a thief then it's not so much fun anymore

It's not stealing if its in your contract.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

I saw that portion of his presser and thought it was hilarious at the time.. saying he was going to stop and get some bologna . Regardless of the situation when he was in BUF, that was funny stuff. Guy's got more $ than god , and wants a bologna sandwich. 

8 hours ago, Mat68 said:

They fired there coach last year and they are winning the division.  By plurging the front office this past offseason imo Marrone was right and Pegula was too new to the franchise to see where there issues were.

they have incredible talent on D , playing in an incredibly weak division, and playing what analytically plays out as the easiest schedule in the league.

https://www.predictionmachine.com/strength-of-schedule

I had a nice ticket on them to win the AFC last year! So yes, Marrone has done a nice job, but not the miracle worker he will be painted as.

BTW, had a small ticket on the Browns to win this North this year, maybe time to pounce on them next year!

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

they have incredible talent on D , playing in an incredibly weak division, and playing what analytically plays out as the easiest schedule in the league.

https://www.predictionmachine.com/strength-of-schedule

I had a nice ticket on them to win the AFC last year! So yes, Marrone has done a nice job, but not the miracle worker he will be painted as.

BTW, had a small ticket on the Browns to win this North this year, maybe time to pounce on them next year!

You could tell this would happen. Gus Bradley  built a ferocious defense and now Marrone is taking credit for it basically. Great D, mediocre O, and weak division = success.

39 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Luck is in Europe looking for medical miracles, and it’s too soon to fit Watson for a HOF jacket. I think the Jags have a bright future in that division. 

If it was 1999 I'd agree, but unless they draft a quarterback it's not going to happen.    They scored a bunch of touchdowns on defense this year, and that my friend is an anomaly.  If they get Eli next year maybe they continue the run, but I would be willing to bet they are far worse next year.

17 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

The bologna thing is hilarious. What a comment out of Myles Jack. You can tell he's warmed up to his new HC. Winning cures all. Praise the third miracle!

We all have been taking our medicine for 18 years now.

Shouldn't we be better by now?

Sure hope we are not terminal.