Why I think Shady stays

Buffalo716

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Their plan seems to believe in the opposite.  They love creating holes.

I hear ya...holes they believe are worth creating.  Next summer we'll see if they're right about it.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

A lot of people think it's a forgone conclusion that shady is gone after this season. That he will be shipped away

I don't subscribe to that for a number of reasons.

First, he has bought in to the process. He is a leader on the team and he is one of the few motivators we have on the roster 

We also do not have any stable QB play potentially going into next year. A new rookie QB or TT without Shady will not be pretty. Losing a top 5 back is never an addition. Shady gives a rookie or whoever a fall back and a safety blanket. 

Shady has 3-4 solid years left. This is when you ride him out. Get every single last carry and touch out of him until he has nothing left. 

Shady has embraced Buffalo and runs his tail off for us. Getting a third round pick for him is not worth it.

He has been the only consistent 3 year bright spot for us on offense and he will help a young QB next year immensely . You don't trade away your most talented offensive player who shows up weekly

He will I’ll be turning 30 at camp next year. Im open to bets about whether he has 4 seasons left. 

We are in the territory where you Red you have to look at getting his replacement sooner rather than later. We will see but I can’t imagine more than 1 more year. Maybe.

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He will I’ll be turning 30 at camp next year. Im open to bets about whether he has 4 seasons left. 

We are in the territory where you Red you have to look at getting his replacement sooner rather than later. We will see but I can’t imagine more than 1 more year. Maybe.

Well he has personally said he wants to play 4-5 more years

he also doesn't take many big hits compared to other Running backs. He is a very fresh 29. He also says that all the time 

Edited by Buffalo716

When McCoy came to the Bills I was worried about the long-term impact, that he'd be a player on the decline and his expensive contract would handcuff the Bills.  I'm glad I was wrong.  He is a real leader and a strong competitor.  He gets stopped in the backfield a lot but that's because the D knows our plays and shoots the gaps when our guys pull.  He seldom fumbles (doh! did I say that? blame me for jinxing him) and he really puts forth the effort.  A lot like Fred Jackson, but lighter and less able to take on tacklers for an extra yard, but also much more talented and elusive.  But the same striving for success, and I admire that. 

The long-term, cold-blooded approach probably does say to trade him now in the offseason, and if that's to a contender (Philly?) we'd be doing him and that team a favor.  But I would hate to see him go.  He's the only watchable part of the O this year, and by far (except maybe Hauschka) our best player. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well he has personally said he wants to play 4-5 more years

he also doesn't take many big hits compared to other Running backs. He is a very fresh 29. He also says that all the time 

Just saying he’s a very fresh 29 doesn’t magically make 2,500+ pro touches, another 650+ college touches, a major ankle injury in high school, a decade of blocking and simply 29 years on earth disappear 

He doesn’t have 5 years left. No matter how much he says it.

Just now, NoSaint said:

Just saying he’s a very fresh 29 doesn’t magically make 2,500+ pro touches, another 650+ college touches, a major ankle injury in high school, a decade of blocking and simply 29 years on earth disappear 

He doesn’t have 5 years left. No matter how much he says it.

You can say that but I disagree

i see a back that has 4-5 years left...

he wants to go to canton... he needs to play 4-5 more years if he has a chance and he knows it.

hes got a minimum of 3 good years left 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can say that but I disagree

i see a back that has 4-5 years left...

he wants to go to canton... he needs to play 4-5 more years if he has a chance and he knows it.

hes got a minimum of 3 good years left 

Define good?

I like Shady he's a real gamer. I just would rather have a guy running over people then dancing around them. The runs he breaks are nice when it happens.

I never thought it was a foregone conclusion. I just think it's a possibility. I'd rather have a guy who can power through for a couple yards and break one sometimes then getting stuffed 3 plays in a row for no gain but breaks one out sometimes.

It's just me wanting a power back bruiser then a shifty dude that gets stuffed because we have no o-line. We are run heavy and always end up 3rd and long. I love shady he's our star. I just have a preference and it's power running.

So I wouldn't be shocked either way. Let's just make it past the line of scrimmage more often. I think Shady would be awesome in a balanced attack but not a guy I would lean on in a run first offence. 

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

1100 rushing yards 

300-400 receiving yards

7-10 Total TDs 

Thats pretty bold to say he produces through AT LEAST 33, if not longer. And he needs far less than 4-5 years of that to be hall of fame.

if he does that next year he’s roughly top 20 yards, 2 years is top 10

Edited by NoSaint

Just now, NoSaint said:

Thats pretty bold to say he produces through AT LEAST 33, if not longer. And he needs far less than 4-5 years if that to be hall of fame.

if he does that next year he’s roughly top 20 yards, 2 years is top 10

Well I said atleast 3 good years...

he said he wants to play 4-5 more and I believe it

Barry Sanders retired at the top. He had so much more left.

Now Shady isn't Barry but he is arguably the closest since...

he is a remarkable athlete in great shape and I can see him rushing for 1000 yards at 32 

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

He should have been traded when the value was high, if it still isn't.  This team has nothing to lose.  A massive do over is necessary.

Totally agree and McCoy is my favorite current Bill.

They need to get younger.  Bills are doing nothing next year, either (it's the process and I !@#$ing love it).  Why not get something for him while we can?

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Totally agree and McCoy is my favorite current Bill.

They need to get younger.  Bills are doing nothing next year, either (it's the process and I !@#$ing love it).  Why not get something for him while we can?

It's not worth it. What will they get, a 5th round pick?

It's the process and you love It? Care to show me how they've been getting younger because they haven't