Anyone concerned about the wr talent?

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Correct. I guess I jumped in the conversation, but if the overall point is to try and deduce whether the low amount of attempts is related more to WR or QB quality (or lack thereof), adding sacks into attempts to get a higher number of pass plays doesn't account for whether or not that sack could have been avoided, and isn't an indicator of anything other than the result of the called pass play was a sack. I'm not sure I would credit a QB (or an offense) an attempt on a play that resulted in a sack.

I was just operating under the idea that a team wouldn't call a pass play if their QB is the only QB in the league that doesn't pass. You'd think, if that were the case, that said team would be last in the league in called pass plays.

39 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

People have said that about WRs over the entirety of Taylor's tenure.

So either we haven't had WRs who can't get open, or Taylor's not throwig them open. Take your pick.

For the sake of clarity I am no longer using TT in the equation.....the team most likely is going to draft his replacement in the 1st round of this next offseason.....so it is about how that particular qb would fair with the current wrs

Edited by John from Hemet

6 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

For the sake of clarity I am no longer using TT in the equation.....the team most likely is going to draft his replacement in the 1st round of this next offseason.....so it is about how that particular qb would fair with the current wrs

I said earlier in the thread we have a QB and OC problem. Replace those two things, and i believe you'll see improved WR play.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That is as ridiculous a statement as anyone can make.  

But keep banging that drum.

Please explain how instead of just saying ridiculous. Benjamin and Watkins are almost identical in terms of production (Benjamin averages slightly more catches per game, Watkins slightly more yards) and I like Benjamin's style better. Matthews is pretty clearly a more productive receiver than Woods thus far, it's inarguable. Goodwin is Goodwin.

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

About the WRs? Dead serious.

Benjamin is better than Watkins.

Matthews is better than Woods.

Everyone is better than Goodwin.

Benjamin needs to be on the field, though. He's played 45 snaps total as a Bill. (That's less than Kaelin Clay & Brandon Tate)

All you need is a speedy down the field guy and everything will open up.  They won't be able to crowd us so much.  Just need the speed guy.  It will make everyone else better.  Just need Marquis Goodwin replaced.  He wasn't great here but he opened up the field a bit.  I see them addressing it this offseason for the next rookie QB to have.

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

KB stays as your X

Zay slides inside to the Slot

Z is open. My gut says FA, and UFAs that fit the profile we need are Mike Wallace, Taylor Gabriel, Allen Robinson, Kendall Wright. That said, I'd be fine if this slot was James Washington or Calvin Ridley.

Re-sign Thompson as WR4

Draft 1 more for depth & development.

Add 1 for KR/PR unless a Rook can do it for you.

Agree with this scenario but all these picks have to be allocated toward Darnold or Rudolph. Unless they're serious about signing Cousins? We'll have to use FA to find wr help. And let's not forget about the oline issues.

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He's been very available, though I'd argue not quite as productive as he should be all things considered.

He’s averaging 17 YPC, scored in 4 of the last 5 and is taking up the best corner (and often a safety) every snap. They’ve been pretty happy lately in LA.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s averaging 17 YPC, scored in 4 of the last 5 and is taking up the best corner (and often a safety) every snap. They’ve been pretty happy lately in LA.

I agree he's been playing better. That whole offense is fun to watch...Goff/Gurley is a solid young combination. They're well positioned going forward.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I thought stats were virtually meaningless, so whats with all the requests?

All of the teams are bottom half of the league in YPA.

Prescott has a game with a rating of 30.4 (worse than any of TT's games) 3 INTs, no TDs

Dalton has a game with a rating of 28.4. 4 INTs, no TDs

Mariota hasn't been quite that bad in a single game, but just bad every game. He has the same number of TDs as Tyrod and double the turnovers. His rating on the year is 80.4, compared to TT's 88.6

halfway busted. 

You can't tell much difference watching from an 85  to 100  rating, and you sure as hell don't need any advanced metrics to see what a 35.6 performance is.

My curiosity was to see if the other teams had a decent balance and run game.     If you can run all day, why pass.  If you can[t run or pass you are screwed.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I was just operating under the idea that a team wouldn't call a pass play if their QB is the only QB in the league that doesn't pass. You'd think, if that were the case, that said team would be last in the league in called pass plays.

Rookie    ..........................................................................................       Pro

image.thumb.png.e8b205c52a9921dbd7eb8dfd82adc226.pngimage.thumb.png.4792a3f18555f23743959a292fbdd48a.png    

4 passes for 107? 

9 passes for 65?

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So the team is just a QB away from being great?  The obvious answer is certainly not which makes your concern rather myopic with several areas of need on  the team. 

Depends on the QB.  With a great QB, yeah, it's a great team.  With a good QB, they're a playoff team this year.  With what we have...they're just on the outside looking in.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills work to remake this roster we rarely see people talk about it. Before anyone says, you can’t do anything with TT, Marquise Goodwin has more yards this year than Matthews, Jones and Benjamin combined for the Bills. He played primarily with Hoyer and Beathard. Romo talked about it during the game on Sunday; the guys don’t get open. As we bring in a rookie QB it would be wise to give him weapons.

Personally I think Matthews stinks, he’s never open and is a limited athlete. Benjamin is a good, not great WR. Zay has been a big disappointment to me because I had high expectations. He just always seems to be off balance. I like Thompson and think that he fills a role. The Bills still need a #1/2 depending on how you define Benjamin. 

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

Goodwin is in an offense that actually throws the ball to WRs.  I'm sorry but we just cannot properly evaluate most of these guys until we get a QB that can operate in a real offense.  I don't know how people cannot see how remedial our passing game is.  We are 30th in pass attempts

Jordan Matthew had over 100 targets in each of his three years in PHI.  He has 36 this year.  He averaged a 65% catch rate in PHI.  His catch rate this year is 69.4%.

He averaged 11.8 yards per reception in his three years in PHI.  He right around that this year at 11.3.

Extrapolate out his totals for this season for 100 targets and he would have about 65-70 catches, 750-800 yards, and 4-5 TDs.

7 hours ago, Pbomb said:

We had goodwin, he didnt do anything here. Matthews has been  a solid wr for 3 years, didnt suck til he came here. Woods became better as soon as he leaves. Benjamin, while a small sample size same thing as matthews.

While our wrs might not be the greatest i think its pretty obvious what the real problem is.

I would rather get moncrief and let matthews go though next year, resign thompson and draft one in the 3rd- 5th round. Benjamin , zay, moncrief, thompson, and rookie wouldnt be bad

Woods was good here as well. Under utilized but good. We had a WR contingent but McBean saw fit to let them walk and then traded away the last and best of them, Watkins.