Anyone concerned about the wr talent?

Watson would've doubled up  Tentative Taylors  stats no ? 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

See the offensive play caller, Bill O'Brien, who designs the system along with DeAndre Hopkins as a #1 WR.  See the coaching staffs who design the offenses along with the targets for the Eagles and Rams respectively.  Same goes for any team with a good passing game.   So Nope!

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

OMG.   WHY?  Seriously?  

Who throws the ball to the WR's?   Themselves?  

Like 6pack said 

You can not judge talent of a WR when there is no one throwing the ball to them on a consistent basis.  

One last time - We have the talent on one side (WR) ergo I am not concerned about the WR positions.  

Really? We had a rookie QB throwing them balls on time and they still couldnt catch :lol::lol:

The Chargers defense makes more contested catches than we do

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Please do, Jones and Matthews are at 11.6 & 11.3 YPR, Goodwin at 19.3 YPR (highest in the league). Goodwin averages 9.67 yards per target. Zay averages 4.28 yards per target and Matthews 7.83 yards per target.

Keep asking yourself ... why?   sooner or later the answer will tap you on the nose.  

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why are you talking about Tyrod? He won’t be here next year!! Please stay on topic

It's funny about Taylor. There is no reason to ditch him next year and there is no reason to keep him. We could ha e 2 new QB's on the roster next year along with Peterman.  Two rookie QB's and Peterman.

I'd take Taylor over a 2nd rookie. Taylor would be a great backup. 

1 minute ago, Marty McFly said:

Really? We had a rookie QB throwing them balls on time and they still couldnt catch :lol::lol:

The Chargers defense makes more contested catches than we do

you say that like it means something to me.   

When you have to throw a rookie QB into the fire on the road, things are bad.    Keep asking yourself ... why?   sooner or later the answer will tap you on the nose.  

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you don’t value DVOA or points? 

I don't like DVOA myself, but you do realize that FootballOutsiders breaks down offensive DVOA by category...in 2015 when we were 8th overall by offensive DVOA our passing attack was ranked 12th and rushing attack ranked 2nd. Similar story in 2016 when our offensive DVOA was ranked 9th overall with passing 18th and rushing 1st. There's very little room to credit the WRs or passing attack for DVOA over the past two and a half seasons IMO.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If he is what he is why do you need to exaggerate to make your point?

He is a 3000 yard passer in 14 games with Watkins, Woods, and Hogan

He is a 3000 yard passer in 15 games with Woods, Goodwin, and Watkins for 7 games

Anyway, this is about our WRs, not QB, as Kirby suggested multiple times.

Plain and simple, the Bills WRs this season are not NFL caliber.  Aside from Benjamin who has played 1 game plus 1 series of another game, none of them would be starters on any other NFL team ... if they even made the team.  Holmes is a career STer.  Thompson was a street FA when signed by the Bills.

The WR talent on this team needs serious upgrading. We need more speed on the field. We need players that can take it to the hole on any given play. We have no players on offense besides Shady that strike fear in the heart of defensive coordinators

You could put the best WR's and TE's in the league on this team.  It wouldn't matter.  

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It's funny about Taylor. There is no reason to ditch him next year and there is no reason to keep him. We could ha e 2 new QB's on the roster next year along with Peterman.  Two rookie QB's and Peterman.

I'd take Taylor over a 2nd rookie. Taylor would be a great backup. 

there will always be the looking over the shoulder at TT riding the pine.     Go with  your 2 rookies and 1 sophomore.  

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't like DVOA myself, but you do realize that FootballOutsiders breaks down offensive DVOA by category...in 2015 when we were 8th overall by offensive DVOA our passing attack was ranked 12th and rushing attack ranked 2nd. Similar story in 2016 when our offensive DVOA was ranked 9th overall with passing 18th and rushing 1st. There's very little room to credit the WRs or passing attack for DVOA over the past two and a half seasons IMO.

I don't pay attention to these things like DVOA.  When you "break down" stats then you are cherry picking. 

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You forgot the Packers since AR's injury.  

You see this is why STATS are virtually meaningless.    A guy can pass for 76 net yards and get a win, a guy can pass for 500 yards and lose. 

It's not the size (passing yards) that matters but what you do with it.  

Prescott is good, Mariota (sp?) is good, Dalton IS good (except for playoffs), Bears  lol.   Is it true the coaches only gave him 5 pass plays the other week? 

Make Tyrod a QB. (2 straight seasons)     Do they say that for any of those you listed?   

Yes yes, you constantly complain about stats because they typically shed light on the BS portions of your terrible takes. I'm sure it's very frustrating.

I'm not the one who claimed "In Buffalo and Buffalo alone we have a QB that does not throw the ball a lot." I gave you 4 teams that throw the ball less. Buffalo alone, huh? Take the L and find another hill to die on.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

was there any added value to this post?   

No more than the 6,675,432 posts about how good or bad tyrod is. Somebody starts a thread about how his neighbors dog took a dump in his front yard for the fifth time this week and it turns into a debate about tyrod. For those who havent figured it out yet, the pro tyrod people arent changing their mind and the anti Tyrod people arent changing theirs. Its like listening to and argument between the Manson Family and a group of scientologists. Both sides are certifiable.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yes yes, you constantly complain about stats because they typically shed light on the BS portions of your terrible takes. I'm sure it's very frustrating.

I'm not the one who claimed "In Buffalo and Buffalo alone we have a QB that does not throw the ball a lot." I gave you 4 teams that throw the ball less. Buffalo alone, huh? Take the L and find another hill to die on.

My terrible takes?  You are better than that 13.     We can disagree without posting jabs.  

Chicago is a freaking joke.  So in Cincy for the most part but Andy Dalton is a very good QB.  Prescott is still a sophomore no?  Mariota 2nd or 3 year?  

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

My terrible takes?  You are better than that 13.     We can disagree without posting jabs.  

Chicago is a freaking joke.  So in Cincy for the most part but Andy Dalton is a very good QB.  Prescott is still a sophomore no?  Mariota 2nd or 3 year?  

So why aren't they throwing more? Cincy has Dalton and AJ Green. Mariota was the #2 Overall Pick. Prescott was OROY last year. Why not throw more than the Bills who "alone have a QB that does not throw the ball a lot".

bro im bout to tap your mom on the nose with my 1987 delorean D!

get the fck outta here. that rookie QB start at LA was fckin STOOOOOPID

If you wanna tank then yeah start the kid but, theres vets on the team that wanna win, Tyrod is the best we have on the roster this season.

Theres no way around it. As soon as Tyrod signs to another team ill make an avi bet he puts up better numbers than here.

Well DUH.   Why?  Because TT and the talent they brought it were not producing.  He needed to try something.  He just picked a very bad scenario. 

Unfortunately  "The best" is not enough.   

3 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

bro im bout to tap your mom on the nose with my 1987 delorean D!

get the fck outta here. that rookie QB start at LA was fckin STOOOOOPID

If you wanna tank then yeah start the kid but, theres vets on the team that wanna win, Tyrod is the best we have on the roster this season.

Theres no way around it. As soon as Tyrod signs to another team ill make an avi bet he puts up better numbers than here.

Could not disagree more.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the Champions (aka Crusaders) for Taylor need to stop blaming the universe for TT's shortcomings. 

Well if you studied alt 22 youd realize that the oline gets pushed back 7.2386543 inches more on every drop than the top 5 qbs in the league causing taylor to have to create an arc on the ball that is 9.685432 degrees higher creating a decrease in speed of 3.75 mph per pass attempt give the defensive back exactly .056745 more seconds to defend the play leading to a 4.76529 decrease in completion percentage. A decrease in 1.673219 yards per pass attempt and a reduction in td passes of 295.78543145 percent. You clearly just dont understand the game. Or you simply have an agenda.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So why aren't they throwing more? Cincy has Dalton and AJ Green. Mariota was the #2 Overall Pick. Prescott was OROY last year. Why not throw more than the Bills who "alone have a QB that does not throw the ball a lot".

1) Cincy has Dalton and AJ Green and they are called the Bungles for a reason.  

2) You are comparing a guy with 7 - 8 years of smarts to a bunch of kids still wet behind the ears. 

3) Prescott lost Zeke before they started "tanking"  

Q - how is the run game supplemented on these 3 or 4 teams?   I really haven't been watching a ton of football beyond the RZ channel and you don't get a full picture.