Peterman's 1st series vs. the Pats - WHY?

Punt75

The Bills took over at their own 27 with 12:58 to play.  With a mix of runs by McCoy and Cadet & passes by Peterman (not including the terrible drop by Andre Holmes that hit him in the stomach negating a 1st down) we had 1st and Goal.  Suddenly - out of the blue - the play calling went way south.  WHY???  

You've got a raw, rookie QB, a short field of play and 2 quick RB's that were gaining yards inside.  Instead, we go empty backfield on the last 3 plays and throw the ball on all 4 downs!  It was dumb!  It was stupid. 

What do you think??????  I'm frustrated by it all!

• Like (+1) 2

I thought the call on the missed touchdown last play was for a QB draw.   And I liked it.   Spread the field.  Run the draw.

Unfortunately it was a one on one poorly executed corner throw (typical crappy execution of Bills non-existent passing attack).

21 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I thought the call on the missed touchdown last play was for a QB draw.   And I liked it.   Spread the field.  Run the draw.

Unfortunately it was a one on one poorly executed corner throw (typical crappy execution of Bills non-existent passing attack).

From what I heard it was a QB draw/fade option. Don't even know why a fade route was an option on that play

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

From what I heard it was a QB draw/fade option. Don't even know why a fade route was an option on that play

Yes I think you are right.    

This offense just sucks donkey balls.   Doesn't matter who the QB is.   Doesn't matter who the offensive line is.   Doesn't matter who receivers are. 

Does matter who the backs are.   But that just doesn't matter enough.

This offense sucks.   Play caller sucks.   Coaching must suck because offense has regressed terribly compared to 12 months ago.   Plenty of sucking to go around.

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

This offense just sucks donkey balls.   Doesn't matter who the QB is.   Doesn't matter who the offensive line is.   Doesn't matter who receivers are. 

This offense sucks.   Play caller sucks.   Coaching must suck because offense has regressed terribly compared to 12 months ago.   Plenty of sucking to go around.

Lol I agree, awful all around. What scares me is drafting a QB early, then have Rico trying to develop him.

Rico has to go in the off season. No way I would trust him with a young QB

• Like (+1) 2

Terrible play calling has been a staple for Rico all year. Doesn't adjust, doesn't coach to the teams strengths. And zone blocking sucks. Shady has struggled because none of the lineman can get out of the backfield. We don't have any of the personell Rico would need to even begin executing this offense and that's piss poor coaching to run it anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

How can Peterman be evaluated fairly when 3 straight calls in the red zone are low percentage passes to another rookie who can’t gain separation? Dennison is so bad. The game was still winnable at that point too, even if a very slim chance it was not over.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

How can Peterman be evaluated fairly when 3 straight calls in the red zone are low percentage passes to another rookie who can’t gain separation? Dennison is so bad. The game was still winnable at that point too, even if a very slim chance it was not over.

It looked to me like the were treating it as a pre season game.  See what the kid can do.  Don't  worry about winning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Punt75 said:

The Bills took over at their own 27 with 12:58 to play.  With a mix of runs by McCoy and Cadet & passes by Peterman (not including the terrible drop by Andre Holmes that hit him in the stomach negating a 1st down) we had 1st and Goal.  Suddenly - out of the blue - the play calling went way south.  WHY???  

You've got a raw, rookie QB, a short field of play and 2 quick RB's that were gaining yards inside.  Instead, we go empty backfield on the last 3 plays and throw the ball on all 4 downs!  It was dumb!  It was stupid. 

What do you think??????  I'm frustrated by it all!

I think they wanted to see what the kid could do

3 hours ago, PolishDave said:

This post sucks!