It's really hard to evaluate these quarterbacks with these receivers

Bing Bong

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I'm not constructing anything for you.  Tyrod is simply not a good passing QB.  You can parse his "well he can throw reasonably well from X+ distance..." but the bottom line is he's not a franchise guy and will be somewhere else next year.

Which is by far not the point I was making in the slightest. Not even remotely. Hence I felt like you were making up what my point was by driving home things like that in response to my posts 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Yes, Woods is leading the Rams receivers in catches and Watkins is third.

Watkins has 28 receptions so far (5 TDS though).  

From what was stated Woods was a FA and wanted to go to a team on the west coast.  So likely the only way the Bills could have hung onto him was by way over paying.

In Watkins case, in the 3 seasons here between the numbers he put up and being healthy he did very little and 28 catches this season to justify the large contract he's going to want.  So yes we could have hung onto him this seaosn and likely would have helped some, but would likely have lost him at years end as doubt we'd want ot pay big $$ for a 28 reception WR.  

He also made some comments a couple months back kind of admitting he didn't exactly try his hardest here in Buffalo so again, doubt we'd have re-signed him unless all of a sudden he agreed to a big contract reduction.

Maybe Wood's big numbers this season is due to having better QB play

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes our current active wr's are for the most part rejects. But you could give Tyrod Jerry Rice and Julio Jones and TT would still be inaccurate and Trentative. Peterman came in and had Holmes and Matthews drop perfect passes. DiMarco did the same in LA. 

oof Tyrod would be amazing with those two as would Peterman. This is my point! we act like receivers don't make a difference.

2 hours ago, PeterGriffin said:

Goodwin his already bested his best year in Buffalo stat wise and still has 4 games to go. All while having to catch balls from 3 different QBs in a new scheme.

This.  Our QBs have sucked and the offense hasn't been modern.  

We need modern concepts with competent QB play. We haven't had that on a consistent basis for years.

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

For many teams, the receiver corps has a positive effect on the offense, ie making catches they probably shouldn't catch, route running, adjusting to broken plays. These guys have quite a negative impact. I don't think we properly take in this impact when we talk about quarterbacks.

Jordan Matthews was a star in Philly. Zay Jones was a record breaker at ECU. Holmes was a role player in Oakland. Guys like Watkins, Woods, Hogan and Goodwin have shown to be better with other QBs not named Tyrod. Truth is he's not a starting NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Jordan Matthews was a star in Philly. Zay Jones was a record breaker at ECU. Holmes was a role player in Oakland. Guys like Watkins, Woods, Hogan and Goodwin have shown to be better with other QBs not named Tyrod. Truth is he's not a starting NFL QB.

100%. If you're a WR and Tyrod is your QB you're basically screwed.

12 hours ago, Fan boy '92 said:

Is it me or does Peterman's style seem to have a higher upside than Taylor's?

Of course, one QB doesn't try to make plays to avoid turnovers while the other makes turnovers trying to make plays.  It's much easier to iron out aggressiveness with experience and round out the edges.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Crank up the TT excuse machine one last time, it'll be shut down 4 weeks from now.

I agree Tyrod isnt going to make it here. I wanted him too, he can be exciting to watch when he is on his game. But its hard to deny that these receivers are awful. Its the worst WR corp in the NFL save maybe the Bears