Hey, what about that first down they just gave to them?

When the Pats came up short on 3rd down, the score was 16-3.  We at the  Bills Backers bar in St. Louis were debating whether the Pats would kick another field goal or go for it.  Suddenly they ran a play and as it turns out, they were given a 1st down and hurriedly ran a play before we could get a challenge.  Unfortunately at the time the sound had gone out in our feed, so we were unable to hear any explanation.  When we got the sound back Romo was saying that the Bills should be pretty upset at the spot on that play.  

Is it my imagination, or was that guy stopped at least a couple feet short of the marker?  

Also wondering why on the Gronk cheap shot....two personal fouls against the Pats, one on us, and Hughes got a 15 yards for saying something to the ref.  First of all, I don't understand why we got the 15 when they both should have nullified each other....2 on each team......but why did it then become 1st and 25?  Seems like a double whammy with no reach-around to me.   And why wasn't Gronk just heaved out of the game?   

The spot that the refs gave the Pats on that play was incredibly generous. The hilarious thing is that they didn't even call for a measurement. Just gave him fake yardage. Everybody including McD thought they were on 4th down.  so of course the Pats run a play before anyone can react. They at least get that the refs incompetence must be exploited asap. all the other fool coaches still feel the refs are doing a great job

• Like (+1) 1

It was obviously short. Even with the spot of the ball short Gene Steratore waltzed in and said first down.  I actually said "just give it to them” out loud when it happened.

Edited by nkreed
Grammer

The rule book changes when any team plays the Pats. Gronk's deliberate head shot should be a suspension if the NFL and Goodell are at all serious about controlling head injuries. Surprised it wasn't an ejection since White was clearly out of bounds. !st and 25 makes no sense to me, but perhaps it is by rule. Seems the refs were more concerned about a mild shove than a blow to the head. Proving once again stars get lenient treatment in Goodell's NFL.

2 minutes ago, Luvbills said:

Yet in the Chiefs game, a player throws a flag into the stands and gets EJECTED??? WTF???  

He wasnt ejected. He walked out on his own then came back without socks.

Edited by aceman_16
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Have to know situation and challenge when the Pats line up for the quick snap.  Have to know your opponent better than that.

Yup

Even if its 4 and 1 we weren’t ready for the snap — that the refs messed up didn’t change that you have to stop the play before it’s snapped. That the refs messed up will get the attention but we miserably failed any kind of situational awareness there.

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding the OP's second question about off-setting penalties...

I believe the refs ruled it as though there were 2 distinct incidents, so all the penalties were not lumped together.

They lumped everything together that flowed directly from the play or occurred as the play ended and off-set what could be off-set there. 

But then the Jerry Hughes thing was deemed a separate incident so that was dealt with separately.

27 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Regarding the OP's second question about off-setting penalties...

I believe the refs ruled it as though there were 2 distinct incidents, so all the penalties were not lumped together.

They lumped everything together that flowed directly from the play or occurred as the play ended and off-set what could be off-set there. 

But then the Jerry Hughes thing was deemed a separate incident so that was dealt with separately.

Witnessing the KC game and the toss of the flag into the crowd: it was correctly noted by the official that since this was an infraction against an official, it was considered a between down foul. Not the dead ball foul. This is the same as if a team called two TOs back to back.

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

The spot that the refs gave the Pats on that play was incredibly generous. The hilarious thing is that they didn't even call for a measurement. Just gave him fake yardage. Everybody including McD thought they were on 4th down.  so of course the Pats run a play before anyone can react. They at least get that the refs incompetence must be exploited asap. all the other fool coaches still feel the refs are doing a great job

The spots all day favored NE by +1 yards and our spots were -1. It was unbelievable. Watch the first half and you'll see what I mean.  Kraft owns these Refs and always has.

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

What happened to his socks????

Lol My guess he THOUGHT he was ejected.... went into the locker room. Started getting undressed and someone said "come back we may need you IF this goes to overtime." He redresses and said screw these horrendously smelling and sweat soaked socks. And came out without them.