Tyrod injury: patella contusion, day-to-day

YoloinOhio

Just now, jmc12290 said:

QB's have varying levels of ability, but there's a clear demarcation between good enough and not good enough.  

TT was one of the closest we had to good enough and flirted with that line occasionally, which made his ultimate failure that much more painful.  

I don’t even agree with this. People just throw it out there like it’s auto fact. Our passing offenses have been terrible the entire time Tyrod is here. I’m not trying to pile on the guy on the day of his probable last nfl start..but I’m tired of reading that. Bledsoe, Orton and Fitz were all better then Tyrod. A qb is there to throw the ball. All of those guys were better at that and it wasn’t even close.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I admire the optimism, unfortunately I think you are really really wrong. Cheers!

There's always a world of opinion out there. My reason: I saw him make throws (two good fades) that Tyrod just cannot make. He also made a few other throws (slants) that Tyrod can make, but Peterman's ball was more accurate.

IMO if Peterman once gets a chance to acclimate to NFL game speed he will adjust and impress. He might even be good, but for sure he will make rookie mistakes. They all do.

Patience.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 1

Guys, there is a lot of focus on TT, but what about Dennison?  Exactly what has he proven ?  At least we've seen that TT can perform better in a different offense.  I haven't seen anything from Dennison, and his gameplans have brought TT down to new lows.  And Peterman hasn't exactly shown much.  I'm not suggesting TT is the answer, but I do think we need to consider how much our offensive "mastermind" is to blame for this mess.  It's not all TT.

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

There's always a world of opinion out there. My reason: I saw him make throws (two good fades) that Tyrod just cannot make. E also made a few other throws (slants) that Tyrod can make, but Peterman's ball was more accurate.

IMO if Peterman once gets a chance to acclimate to NFL game speed he will adjust and impress. He might even be good, but for sure he will make rookie mistakes. They all do.

Patience.

Peterman threw some nice passes that shouldn't of been incompletions. The kid will struggle if you put him in but people will always be quick to want to move on.

Edited by Lfod

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

There's always a world of opinion out there. My reason: I saw him make throws (two good fades) that Tyrod just cannot make. E also made a few other throws (slants) that Tyrod can make, but Peterman's ball was more accurate.

Patience.

great post, well said

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t even agree with this. People just throw it out there like it’s auto fact. Our passing offenses have been terrible the entire time Tyrod is here. I’m not trying to pile on the guy on the day of his probable last nfl start..but I’m tired of reading that. Bledsoe, Orton and Fitz were all better then Tyrod. A qb is there to throw the ball. All of those guys were better at that and it wasn’t even close.

One of the best. Not the best.

I personally have Orton over TT.

But TT had flashes where he showed he could play in this league.  Young, extremely athletic,  with some deficits in the more cerebral parts of the game.  He had a higher ceiling than a Fitz.  

If Taylor could read a defense, run an offense, audible, he would've been the best QB the Bills had had in a long time.  Those things we hoped were teachable.  It turns out they weren't.

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Both QBs have had to deal with untimely drops. 

I understand that. I was just saying the rook might not be horrible. That he will throw a ton of interceptions but the light might come on with repetition.

Taylor made some good plays today. This offence isn't clicking as a unit enough for playoff caliber. We need an offence that can put up 21+ points more frequent. Honestly I'm just glad the defense is back to being solid. I think they played a good game and Tre White got his interception.

Edited by Lfod

Yes. It is.

This is McDermott's opportunity to start Peterman the rest of the season without any repercussion even if he sucks.

This was an unfortunate way for Taylor's Buffalo career to end, but next year our starter will almost certainly either be Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Jackson/(who else to draft in round 1???) or Peterman with one of those other guys waiting in the wings.

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I understand that. I was just saying the rook might not be horrible. That he will throw a ton of interceptions but the light might come on with repetition.

Taylor made some good plays today. This offence isn't clicking as a unit enough for playoff caliber.

I understand your point, and I agree. 

Rodent is such an excellent voice for the Bills on a National level. :blink:

You just know that an article about the Gronk hit will be forthcoming instead of this opinion piece crap about a subject everyone already knows the answer to.

Such an epic tool.

There's simply no point of starting Taylor again this year no matter how bad NP might possibly look in the process.

And if certain players don't like it time to bench or cut them to send a message because that's how you truly change a culture. And quite frankly most of the likely candidates that would complain about TT being benched again are also likely playing their final games in Buffalo including McCoy.

26 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Tyrod Taylor to me is an excellent back up quarterback and borderline starter. He made some good plays and he was the fault of some bad plays.

Yea I think this injury could be the end of his season. We can't score points and it's embarrassing.

And yet last week, some folks were suggesting we build around Tyrod.

50 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I like the guy. I hate the mediocrity he symbolizes.

That sums it up for me perfectly.

Easy to root for.....until you start seeing some of the results.

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Whatever. 4 preseason games to look at Peterman against starters. Thanks for another great years bills. Wish it was over today

Just don’t watch. Easy enough.

I think the injury gives McD an excuse to start somebody else, which is what he's wanted to do.

I expect to see Mighty Joe Webb in there some more, also.

He looks better than I expected. Probably better than Cardale.

These new guys running OBD seem to be in a hurry to evaluate guys. Personally, I like it.