afc schedules going forward

billsredneck1

Teams of interest for Buffalo to end the drought imo are

Buffalo: Need to win 3 to get to 9-7, likely Colts, Dolphins, & @ Dolphins.

Baltimore: Need to lose at least 2 games. Most likely candidates are Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Cincy.

Tennessee: Need to lose 3 games. Most likely candidates are Rams, Jaguars, and one of their back to back west coast road trips (for now I'll say the Jimmy G led 49ers).

Kansas City: Need to lose at least 2 games. Most likely candidates are @Jets, Oakland, and Chargers

Assuming all 4 end up at 9-7 in the way I've laid out, Baltimore and Buffalo make the playoffs on tie-breakers. If Tennessee doesn't slip up on one of their road games and goes 10-6 we need Baltimore to lose all 3 and end up 8-8.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Teams of interest for Buffalo to end the drought imo are

Buffalo: Need to win 3 to get to 9-7, likely Colts, Dolphins, & @ Dolphins.

Baltimore: Need to lose at least 2 games. Most likely candidates are Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Cincy.

Tennessee: Need to lose 3 games. Most likely candidates are Rams, Jaguars, and one of their back to back west coast road trips (for now I'll say the Jimmy G led 49ers).

Kansas City: Need to lose at least 2 games. Most likely candidates are @Jets, Oakland, and Chargers

Assuming all 4 end up at 9-7 in the way I've laid out, Baltimore and Buffalo make the playoffs on tie-breakers. If Tennessee doesn't slip up on one of their road games and goes 10-6 we need Baltimore to lose all 3 and end up 8-8.

Correct except for the last part. If just the Ravens and Bills are tied at 9-7, and if the Raven's losses are to either Bengals or to Colts and one other AFC team (likely Steelers),  and if the Bills wins are 2x Dolphins and Colts, it goes down to strength of victories which we are well ahead on.

I may be wrong about this, and someone can correct me if they want, but I'm pretty sure the bills typically give the Pats a run for their money in New England more than they do at home. Not saying we can't beat them at home, but I like that we play them close together 

4 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Correct except for the last part. If just the Ravens and Bills are tied at 9-7, and if the Raven's losses are to either Bengals or to Colts and one other AFC team (likely Steelers),  and if the Bills wins are 2x Dolphins and Colts, it goes down to strength of victories which we are well ahead on.

Ah, I hadn't looked at it with a loss to Cincy and a win against Detroit for the Ravens. Good call.

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Doesn't look like it at this point, unfortunately for them looks like a step back season but they've had their own issues with QB and injury. Goes to show just how valuable Ryan Tannenhill was to that team after all.

Either way still think their future is brighter than most teams (maybe even the Bills too) with the Tannebaum/Gase combo in place.

I don't understand the Miami love at all.

Since we're talking playoff possibilities, I haven't seen anyone mention that all the Bills have to do is win out and the Pats lose to the Steelers and the Bills win the division and get a 1st round bye. Easy peasy.

17 minutes ago, MDH said:

Since we're talking playoff possibilities, I haven't seen anyone mention that all the Bills have to do is win out and the Pats lose to the Steelers and the Bills win the division and get a 1st round bye. Easy peasy.

hey, i never thought of this....done deal

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

they aren't going play like this the rest of the year...its a week to week league.

well i doubt it's gonna be oaklnd ,denver or kc

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Ah, I hadn't looked at it with a loss to Cincy and a win against Detroit for the Ravens. Good call.

Losing to both of them makes it even better.  

1 hour ago, Jasovon said:

We will drop at least one to the Dolphins to finish 8-8 at best, come on guys. 

It comes down to which defense shows up.    

A balanced (typical) offense can get points if they play smart.   

5 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

jets, oakland, bolts, denver and miami   i  see them losing to only la

Jets D is very good and Oakland will both beat them with Denver having an outside chance.  Again they just can't score I don't know what happened but they suddenly stink on O

3 hours ago, MDH said:

If Brady gets injured Sunday this is a real possibility ??

26 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Pitt loses before they play the Pats.  

Patts beat pitt lock up #1 seed

Bills beat Pats take 6th seed.

I can definitely see this scenario playing out as long as Bills beat the teams they should beat.

The remaining Pitt schedule is irrelevant as long as they defeat NE next Sunday.    

Bills need a perfect game and multiple takeaways to defeat Rip Van Brady.   

33 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The remaining Pitt schedule is irrelevant as long as they defeat NE next Sunday.    

Bills need a perfect game and multiple takeaways to defeat Rip Van Brady.   

Tomlin will have to learn how to coach before Pitt can beat NE. That guy is awful.