Eric Dickerson Article: Applicable to Bills Situation?

yungmack

Read this today in the LA Times. His comments on coaching, on how the offense was changed and how Goff, a seeming flop, has turned his career around. It almost seemed like he was diagnosing what's wrong with the Bills and how OBD should proceed to turn things around.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-week-13-farmer-20171127-story.html

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, yungmack said:

It almost seemed like he was diagnosing what's wrong with the Bills and how OBD should proceed to turn things around.

I am not sure how you correlated that into what is wrong with the Bills. What exactly would OBD proceed to do?  Fire their coach of one year?

What I took from it is Eric Dickerson thinks a lot of himself. He gives himself a bit too much credit in my opinion and comes off as a tool.

5 minutes ago, simool said:

I am not sure how you correlated that into what is wrong with the Bills. What exactly would OBD proceed to do?  Fire their coach of one year?

What I took from it is Eric Dickerson thinks a lot of himself. He gives himself a bit too much credit in my opinion and comes off as a tool.

Get an f'ing OC who taylors the offense to Tyrod, puts offensive weapons in place and coaches to score points........

Really not that hard.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Get an f'ing OC who taylors the offense to Tyrod, puts offensive weapons in place and coaches to score points........

Really not that hard.

He has. He has made is the grade school offense Dickerson was critical of in LA

it can get any simpler since TT has been the starting QB of the Bills they have run the simplest offense in the NFL. 

But hey i also noticed he didnt audible yet again and McD confirmed as much

Edited by MAJBobby

12 minutes ago, simool said:

Just taking the Rams Offensive turnaround as an example, it seems like the Rams would have been better off firing Fisher at least a year earlier than they did, and many critics say he should have been fired before that. In other words, if the guy isn't the right fit, keeping him around another two, three, four years and hoping things change is kind of nuts. So yes, if the Bills are serious about solving their QB situation, getting rid of McD and replacing him with an offense-minded HC might be the right decision to make. And if it is, it's better to do it sooner than later.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Just taking the Rams Offensive turnaround as an example, it seems like the Rams would have been better off firing Fisher at least a year earlier than they did, and many critics say he should have been fired before that. In other words, if the guy isn't the right fit, keeping him around another two, three, four years and hoping things change is kind of nuts. So yes, if the Bills are serious about solving their QB situation, getting rid of McD and replacing him with an offense-minded HC might be the right decision to make. And if it is, it's better to do it sooner than later.

Or Dennison served up on a silver platter.

1 hour ago, yungmack said:

Read this today in the LA Times. His comments on coaching, on how the offense was changed and how Goff, a seeming flop, has turned his career around. It almost seemed like he was diagnosing what's wrong with the Bills and how OBD should proceed to turn things around.

Dickerson for OC? :)

34 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Are you nuts, Pegs made a search with the help of the NFL to make this team a contender. Now you want the new regime gone with 5 games left in the first year!! Find a worm hole please

14 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The NFL has a committee with veteran front office and coaching members (Polian, Dungy, Accorsj) that evaluate potential HC candidates.  McD was on that short list last year.

Did Pegula meet with that committee?  Don't they just give out a list of familiar names each year that everyone already knows about?

Did he meet with them before he hired Rex?

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did Pegula meet with that committee?  Don't they just give out a list of familiar names each year that everyone already knows about?

Did he meet with them before he hired Rex?

That I am not sure about.  I do think that with McD Russ was not in the room and it was him and Whaley.  One would suspect they contacted the league to use the committee input.

18 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Really not that hard.

We had that.  His name was Greg Roman.  Tyrod in that offense was still a middle of the road Quarterback.  For all the handwringing over Dennison not maximising Tyrod's qualities he is producing at a rate entirely consistent with his first two years as a passer with a small drop off in his rushing effectiveness.  The idea that there is some magic offensive coordinator out there who can turn Tyrod into a top flight quarterback is nonsensical.  We heard it all about Alex Smith after his hot start "wow all this RPO stuff has allowed Alex Smith to take his game to the next level.... blah, blah blah".  Smith has regressed to the mean.  Tyrod is right at his mean.  These guys are who we thought they were. Tyrod Taylor and Alex Smith don't have meltdowns where they throw a load of picks and lose their team the game.  They also don't win enough games for their team on their own back.  The Chiefs got off the pot last April and took their shot at something better.  I continue to argue that the Bills should have done the same.  They now must do that this year.... but their bungled handling of the Tyrod situation means they might not have him around as that bridge into next year.  

18 hours ago, yungmack said:

Fisher was there long enough to deserve to be fired. McDermott hasn't even had one full season yet and we are sitting at 6-5, in the wild-card race, with a roster that is one of the worst in the NFL. You want to replace the coach that has gotten that much out of this little talent?

I just don't see any parallels between the two teams because the Rams have a QB who is willing to throw the ball and make mistakes.