The key to beating the Patriots this Sunday is...

If you watch the Patriots offense this year they run it through their RBs. Lots of passes to the RBs, screens. I like what the Bills did this week playing Yarborough and Milano. More time for these two against the Pats. I think Gaines/White can contain the WRs. Hopefully Cordy can play so the Bills can put Dawkins on the other side. More RPO for Tyrod. All of these scenarios and a healthy Kelvin Benjamin the Bills can pull out a victory 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Seriously ... they need to hit Brady.  A lot.  He is getting abused this year and I'd like to think it might catch up to him eventually.  Especially if they can pin NE deep in their own territory ... take some shots.  Drive his ass to the ground.  Keep it clean, but expect a penalty. 

Fins hit Brady 8 times yesterday

If the Defense we saw yesterday is back like it was in September, I'm a bit more optimistic we only get blown out by 20 - 25 

Brady has to be hurting after the Fins relentlessly pounded him yesterday. Even though they got burned on some of those blitzes they had a great gameplan to wear Brady down. The problem for us is that I don't think we can come close to what they did based on how poor our pass rush has been. There has never been a QB as great as Brady for not just getting rid of the ball but zinging it out there with incredible accuracy while under duress. Also Brady unlike other humans, shows no discernible effects even when he gets hit on his throwing arm/hand/etc. He seems to take hits that would ruin the throwing motion of a regular QB like he was getting bumped by Pop Warner players.  Hopefully they can jam up the receiving lanes and somehow get some pressure. Or it will be the usual long day vs the Pats.

42 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

That so true, not only do you have to play better than the Pats you have to beat the refs too.

Pats are the victims of horrible calls just like every other team. They had fumble return for a TD nullified by a bad call. The Dolphins teed off on Brady's head all day with out a flag. Suh grabbed Lewis' facemark and almost twisted his head right off. All this right in front of the refs.

NE is a very disciplined team that simply doesn't commit the boneheaded penalties most teams do. However, if you saw them at the beginning of the season, they looked like the Raiders with dumb penalties. They're just smarter and better coached that other teams. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I can/will never root for any person to be injured in a game of any kind.

Wonderful. Normally would agree. There are/have been maybe 5 players in 40 years of watching football that I wouldn't mind seeing on the ground and in pain. Jarvis Landry. Bryan Cox. Vince Wilfork. Richard Sherman. And yes, Tom Brady. I don't apologize for it. 

By the same token I'm not at all saying I want to see the man get a debilitating injury. Hit em hard and hit em til he can't stand back up. 

Just now, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Wonderful. Normally would agree. There are/have been maybe 5 players in 40 years of watching football that I wouldn't mind seeing on the ground and in pain. Jarvis Landry. Bryan Cox. Vince Wilfork. Richard Sherman. And yes, Tom Brady. I don't apologize for it. 

By the same token I'm not at all saying I want to see the man get a debilitating injury. Hit em hard and hit em til he can't stand back up. 

Yes, that's proven to be harmless in the long-term. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yes, that's proven to be harmless in the long-term. 

So, you are against a defense playing fast, physical and hitting hard? You don't root for injury even long term...yet you watch a sport that is violent by nature knowing it causes injury over time?

There is a really big difference between saying "Man I hope this Sunday Tom Brady blows an ACL" and saying that if it happened I while I would not stand and cheer the injury I wouldn't feel an ounce of remorse for him. Yes, I get these are real people and they have a life.  But they are handsomely rewarded for it and know the risks going into their chosen career.

Last season when we played Cincy and AJ Green hurt his hammy...what was your reaction when they said he was out for the game? Was there at least a bit of you on some level that was...not happy...but relieved? Maybe inside your own mind said "Glad we don't have to face him now"?  

In this sport, injuries happen. And I'm sorry but if they happen to someone that I have a strong dislike for and it happens to help my team, I'm not in the least upset about it. 

Just now, KelsaysLunchbox said:

So, you are against a defense playing fast, physical and hitting hard? You don't root for injury even long term...yet you watch a sport that is violent by nature knowing it causes injury over time?

There is a really big difference between saying "Man I hope this Sunday Tom Brady blows an ACL" and saying that if it happened I while I would not stand and cheer the injury I wouldn't feel an ounce of remorse for him. Yes, I get these are real people and they have a life.  But they are handsomely rewarded for it and know the risks going into their chosen career.

Last season when we played Cincy and AJ Green hurt his hammy...what was your reaction when they said he was out for the game? Was there at least a bit of you on some level that was...not happy...but relieved? Maybe inside your own mind said "Glad we don't have to face him now"?  

In this sport, injuries happen. And I'm sorry but if they happen to someone that I have a strong dislike for and it happens to help my team, I'm not in the least upset about it. 

I'm against dirty hits, which - correct me if I'm wrong - you said you'd like to see ... AND you'd like them to result in Brady being injured badly enough that he has to leave the game.

Color me !@#$ing stupid, but I think that's as barbaric as it is immature.

When I played ball you had to beat the best to be the best - hashtag old school

As concerns dirty players karma can be a B word sometimes,

I would love to see power sweeps to Gilmore's side all day on O. Kinda a karma thing - no broken forearms tho.

Edited by Uncle Joe

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm against dirty hits, which - correct me if I'm wrong - you said you'd like to see ... AND you'd like them to result in Brady being injured badly enough that he has to leave the game.

Color me !@#$ing stupid, but I think that's as barbaric as it is immature.

I never said dirty. I did say I was willing to risk a 15 yard penalty. Something you MAY have learned yesterday...doesn't have to be a dirty hit to get that penalty. Ask EJ Gaines. When hitting QBs especially, they flag for...well darn near anything that's aggressive. Especially if Brady is the QB and he oh so politely cries for one. 

And yes, I will restate it...if Brady gets picked up and dumped on his shoulder, has to leave the game I won't shed a damn tear. Won't stand and clap either. It's kind of the nature of this game...which btw...is barbaric. 

1 minute ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I never said dirty. I did say I was willing to risk a 15 yard penalty. Something you MAY have learned yesterday...doesn't have to be a dirty hit to get that penalty. Ask EJ Gaines. When hitting QBs especially, they flag for...well darn near anything that's aggressive. Especially if Brady is the QB and he oh so politely cries for one. 

And yes, I will restate it...if Brady gets picked up and dumped on his shoulder, has to leave the game I won't shed a damn tear. Won't stand and clap either. It's kind of the nature of this game...which btw...is barbaric. 

Actually, this is what you said - "I think someone like Jerry Hughes taking out a knee or slamming extra hard to the turf on a shoulder and getting a 15 yard penalty is well worth them not having 12* the rest of the game."

We view things/value humans differently.  No big deal.  No sense in arguing over it.