Is anyone here really a Tyrod fan?

Billsfan1972

No...he will simply keep us in the 7-9 to 9-7 range every year he starts...good enough so he will be able to beat a bunch of crappy teams, but not good enough that we can actually have a real chance against many good ones

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Just as ludicrous as the declaration that NP will never be as good as TT.

Playing Nathan Peterman was the equivalent of throwing poop on the wall and seeing if it sticks. He lost the game singlehandedly. Playing Tyrod Taylor is putting your best team out there against a 4-6 team. A 4-6 team! The Giants played them close, the Chiefs beat them, any given Sunday.

I don't know what body of work NP has that has you so confident, I see a 5th round rookie with a historically bad game on his way out of the league.

6 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Most of us watching the game saw the Chargers demolishing the Bills at the line of scrimmage.  Sure had TT started the game it would very likely have been much closer but would his presence been enough to overcome the rest of the team getting its butt kicked?  Doubtful.  I really don't understand at all the criticism of McD on the decision to start NP.  Frankly I think he's looking pretty darned wise right now.  TT certainly earned his spot on the bench and in doing so the Bills have:

A. The same record they likely would otherwise have

B. Got TT's attention for sure which might now make him a better player going forward

C. Got a brief look at NP which certainly will lead to him learning and working harder at his craft

Unlike TT who has played enough in his career now to be judged,  NP is at the very beginning of his career and none of us can predict how good a QB he may or may not become.  Hindsight at the end of the season will provide a broader view than it does now. 

The idea that a Fifth Round Rookie was given the start in a game with playoff implications with the healthy starter benched because of a bad 3 quarters of football (and 9-18 was not atrocious, just lousy) defies all logic.  

Listening to Chuck Kosterman with Bill Simmons on The Ringer Podcast (not talking at all about The Bills) stated that because a football team plays 16 games that every game is important and you can not take a flyer (vs. Basketball in his example) is prescient.  The Bills threw the game away and there are no iffs, ands or buts......

If anything, just maybe they were so embarrassed by it and upset at the Coaching Staffs stupidity that they did come out with a renewed energy (on Defense) ve. an inept KC, while the Offense was yet again stifled by Dennison doing his best to undermine the Offense and Tyrod's play.

Just seeing him under center and not in shotgun told me he has no interest in getting this offense moving.

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The idea that a Fifth Round Rookie was given the start in a game with playoff implications with the healthy starter benched because of a bad 3 quarters of football (and 9-18 was not atrocious, just lousy) defies all logic.  

Listening to Chuck Kosterman with Bill Simmons on The Ringer Podcast (not talking at all about The Bills) stated that because a football team plays 16 games that every game is important and you can not take a flyer (vs. Basketball in his example) is prescient.  The Bills threw the game away and there are no iffs, ands or buts......

If anything, just maybe they were so embarrassed by it and upset at the Coaching Staffs stupidity that they did come out with a renewed energy (on Defense) ve. an inept KC, while the Offense was yet again stifled by Dennison doing his best to undermine the Offense and Tyrod's play.

Just seeing him under center and not in shotgun told me he has no interest in getting this offense moving.

Same inanity over saying a fifth round pick should never start in the NFL. 

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Same inanity over saying a fifth round pick should never start in the NFL. 

Not in his Rookie Season......  Never done and never been successful......

Here's the list.....  Find me one successful in his first game starting his rookie season in an important game (or any game for that matter)......

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Then find me one successful drafted after the 3rd round.

I looked at Russell Wilson who could be the one maybe outlier (drafted too low due to being black and short).

http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/gamelogs?season=2012

His first four games would have had him benched on Buffalo.......

I just looked at his College stats and didn't realize he was ninth in Heisman voting and way way better then Peterman......

Edited by Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not in his Rookie Season......  Never done and never been successful......

Here's the list.....  Find me one successful in his first game starting his rookie season in an important game (or any game for that matter)......

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Then find me one successful drafted after the 3rd round.

I looked at Russell Wilson who could be the one maybe outlier (drafted too low due to being black and short).

http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/gamelogs?season=2012

I just looked at his College stats and didn't realize he was ninth in Heisman voting and way way better then Peterman......

You harp on the fact it's his rookie season like a dog gnawing on a bone.  At this point I don't know if it's funny or sad.

Yes, most lower round rookie QBs don't play their rookie year.  But that has nothing to do with whether this specific QB was going to play well or not.  Each guy plays in different systems, has a different experience.  The coaches saw him in practice etc and after the abysmal game against the Saints by TT thought Peterman might be a better option.  The fact that it did not pan out would have made no difference regardless of being a rookie or what round he was picked.

I have already dealt with the round 5 thing, naming several HOF QBs who went lower than round 5 or weren't even drafted.  

On 11/27/2017 at 6:36 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Anyone who supports him is labelled a fan.

I don't see anyone with the screen name Tyrodforever, Taylor#1, SaviorTyrod..... 

Many here just support Tyrod and wonder about the offense and whether if could be a good qb?

The moves done to decimate the offense in the offseason was a good indication as to what the HO & coaches wanted to do.

Listening to wgr and they too are ripping Dennison and the offense.  Taylor under center almost the entire game, terrible play calling on many short yardage plays and ridiculously conservative playcalling.  Many were blaming Tyrod on handoffs called yesterday.......  Yep his fault.

Now if you don't like Tyrod you will say Dennison is forced to be conservative.  I'm so tired of that logic.

I'd rather see him go down in flames and vindicate all those who dislike Taylor and see with my own eyes that he is not a good qb, then wonder if it is the lousy weapons he has and Dennison is to blame.

Doesn't help McCoy either.

BTW what makes it even sadder, was that Peterman had the full offensive game plan and was out there throwing passes (and interceptions) when he started, with Dennison calling pass plays all half...... 

But he is conservative with Tyrod because he doesn't trust him...  

A compete joke.

Yes, I am! I want him to play like Pro-Bowler every week so this team can win games. So, Yes! I'm a huge Tyrod fan.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

You harp on the fact it's his rookie season like a dog gnawing on a bone.  At this point I don't know if it's funny or sad.

Yes, most lower round rookie QBs don't play their rookie year.  But that has nothing to do with whether this specific QB was going to play well or not.  Each guy plays in different systems, has a different experience.  The coaches saw him in practice etc and after the abysmal game against the Saints by TT thought Peterman might be a better option.  The fact that it did not pan out would have made no difference regardless of being a rookie or what round he was picked.

I have already dealt with the round 5 thing, naming several HOF QBs who went lower than round 5 or weren't even drafted.  

He had absolutely no chance of succeeding and it has never happened in his first game.

What's sad is you keep going on and on as if Peterman was the right choice at the right t8me to start a very important winnable game.  He was not.

Best case scenario using Russell Wilson as the example as he had a good a debut as any rookie ever is a sub par Taylor performance (ie. 150 yards passing).

Boy spme people are out of it.

So I am a Tyrod fan but I also know his strengths and weaknesses. Given this coaching staff and the offensive scheme that is being run he isn't a great fit and is better off somewhere else. His first year here we had our most talent on offense as a whole and the scheme was perfect for him. I think someone can replicate that again but they have to be willing and I still only think he can win you the first round in the playoffs. Against the big boys in the later rounds you have to be able to pass for more then 250 yards.

Soo I guess I'm a fan but realistic also to what he is and what he can't do.

Listening to espn and John Gruden talking about Manning and not starting their rookie Davis Webb for a team so far out of the playoffs and probably best to see Geno Smith.

Why because Davis Webb their 3rd round draft pick is no where near ready to start in an NFL game.

However the Bills 5th round rookie in a crucial game with playoff implications gave the Bills the best chance to win? Ha ha ha

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Listening to espn and John Gruden talking about Manning and not starting their rookie Davis Webb for a team so far out of the playoffs and probably best to see Geno Smith.

Why because Davis Webb their 3rd round draft pick is no where near ready to start in an NFL game.

However the Bills 5th round rookie in a crucial game with playoff implications gave the Bills the best chance to win? Ha ha ha

Have you watched each of them in practice?  Compared them?  No?  Then be quiet.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Have you watched each of them in practice?  Compared them?  No?  Then be quiet.

Have you?

Who's the beyyer prospect a 3rd or 5th round pick?

I'm done you are on my ignoreblist as completely ignorant on each and every post you make.

Btw 5 ints in one half.  

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Have you?

I'm done you are on my ignoreblist as completely ignorant on each and every post you make.

Btw 5 ints in one half.  

No one is denying he played a terrible half.

You assume a 3rd round pick has to be better than a 5th round?  Look at any draft in history and you'll see first round guys who bomb out and lower rounds that becomes stars.

You are clueless about what drafts are about.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Have you?

Btw 5 ints in one half.  

And I'm not the one clainming a guy can't possibly be ready.  Since I don't watch them in practice.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Have you?

Btw 5 ints in one half.  

notice how you get into it with almost every poster?  yeah...i'm sure it's all their fault.  you really need to start taking the emotion out of posting, stop making up facts to support your opinions, and learn how to have a normal discussion.  my god...someone proves you wrong so you put them on ignore?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a fan of Tyrod.

I'm a fan of limited turnovers

I'm a fan of his exciting plays

I'm a fan of not killing wide receivers (remember EJ)

I'm a fan of not throwing picks forcing everything when behing (remember Fitz)

I'm a fan of giving all you have (remember Orton sliding on 2yrds short of sticks on 4th down)

I'm a fan in the way he handles all the BS he's been through with absolute class.

I'm a fan of Tyrod

Yes, he has limitations.  EVERYONE has limitations.  I'm not focused on what he "CAN'T" do and I focus on what HE CAN do. What he CAN DO isn't terrible, it's way better than what we've had and could be way better than his replacement. It could be worse, I for one and tired of the WORSE. I don't want to go back to the WORSE.   

I don't really make a habit of being a fan of a single player. I'm a Bills fan. I have favorites on the team, sure, but when they leave I don't really care about them anymore for the most part. I tried believing in Tyrod up until this year. Unfortunately, it's clear he brings down the skills players around him that depend on him in order for them to be productive. We could bring in 3 All Pro receivers at their prime and they would be completely squandered in this offense because Tyrod can't put them in a position to succeed. When he does get players the ball he doesn't put them in a position to maximize YAC. Look no further than the pass to Nick O'Leary last game as a blatant example, but there are plenty of times in a game when receivers have to slow down and reach behind them for passes or stop and try and scoop up something that's too low; that's when he's not checking down to his RBs.