The sad, pessimistic "fans" on this site!

Punt75

Most posters felt this was a 4-5 win team AT BEST. With the dreaded Tyrod back at QB and the loss of Watkins, Woods, Gillislee, Gilmore & Darby and a rookie Head Coach with a rookie GM hired after the HC didn’t add to the positive outlook for the season!

Then, a bunch of veteran Free Agents were brought in to fill-out the roster. A 70% change from last year’s roster!  Count them - - - 70%.  What other team did that?  TELL ME!

So - - the Bills sit at 6-5 and dangerously close to a play-off spot in the goofy AFC. Maybe a wins vs. Indy and 2 against the Dolphins could do it. That certainly is possible.  A win over the Patriots? Realistically that won’t take place!!!

Regardless of the final outcome, this has been an exciting season with a ton of improvements. A good draft and a few key free agents and things look great!

Most of you are sad, depressed people that like to see the Bills lose.  That's why you hide behind your PC and can make only critical comments.  It's a game!!  It's entertainment! 

ENJOY the ride with this new group and relax!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

Most posters felt this was a 4-5 win team AT BEST. With the dreaded Tyrod back at QB and the loss of Watkins, Woods, Gillislee, Gilmore & Darby and a rookie Head Coach with a rookie GM hired after the HC didn’t add to the positive outlook for the season!

Then, a bunch of veteran Free Agents were brought in to fill-out the roster. A 70% change from last year’s roster!  Count them - - - 70%.  What other team did that?  TELL ME!

So - - the Bills sit at 6-5 and dangerously close to a play-off spot in the goofy AFC. Maybe a wins vs. Indy and 2 against the Dolphins could do it. That certainly is possible.  A win over the Patriots? Realistically that won’t take place!!!

Regardless of the final outcome, this has been an exciting season with a ton of improvements. A good draft and a few key free agents and things look great!

Most of you are sad, depressed people that like to see the Bills lose.  That's why you hide behind your PC and can make only critical comments.  It's a game!!  It's entertainment! 

ENJOY the ride with this new group and relax!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get behind this argument.  Have you been watching this season?  Bills fans have plenty to criticize.  That's what the majority of NFL fans do - take a look at the KC message board right now.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Can't get behind this argument.  Have you been watching this season?  Bills fans have plenty to criticize.  That's what the majority of NFL fans do - take a look at the KC message board right now.  

How ugly is it? I'm assuming calling for Alex smiths scalp?

No one likes to see the Bills lose. But don't confuse your homerism and need to always be positive as proof that the realists here wrong. With a 17 year sample size of apathetic football, we've seen enough bad teams with bad players to know when we see another. If you see improvement, across the board as your statement implies minus specifics, you're looking through rose color glasses. TT is still TT, a mediocre, conservative QB who can't read the field; is wildly inaccurate, and prone to being owned by teams that make him beat them with his arm. The DL is still a problem, even with today's showing. Sorry but a 3 game stretch giving up 200+ yards on the ground is not improvement nor cause for Celebration (a great beer by the way!).  The LBs need at least 2 new starters is Milano keeps up the decent play. The DBs are good but depth is a problem, Wright is a bust. The OL is a trouble spot, still. They have no deep threat, amplifying the TT problem because they can play man on man and can stack the box and make him less than mediocre. McCoy has lost a step and his best days are behind him as he digresses. The only improvement, unquestioned, is Hauschka. 

But hey, if you want to think somehow this 6-5 team is good and better than the prior 17 versions of mediocre, all power to you. But don't try to validate your homerism but undercutting the analytical realists on this board. We are fans, we root and buy seasons. But not everyone drinks the koolaid. 

I'll bet right now they beat Indy, Miami once and lose to NE twice... 8-8. That's improvement?

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, zonabb said:

No one likes to see the Bills lose. But don't confuse your homerism and need to always be positive as proof that the realists here wrong. With a 17 year sample size of apathetic football, we've seen enough bad teams with bad players to know when we see another. If you see improvement, across the board as your statement implies minus specifics, you're looking through rose color glasses. TT is still TT, a mediocre, conservative QB who can't read the field; is wildly inaccurate, and prone to being owned by teams that make him beat them with his arm. The DL is still a problem, even with today's showing. Sorry but a 3 game stretch giving up 200+ yards on the ground is not improvement nor cause for Celebration (a great beer by the way!).  The LBs need at least 2 new starters is Milano keeps up the decent play. The DBs are good but depth is a problem, Wright is a bust. The OL is a trouble spot, still. They have no deep threat, amplifying the TT problem because they can play man on man and can stack the box and make him less than mediocre. McCoy has lost a step and his best days are behind him as he digresses. The only improvement, unquestioned, is Hauschka. 

But hey, if you want to think somehow this 6-5 team is good and better than the prior 17 versions of mediocre, all power to you. But don't try to validate your homerism but undercutting the analytical realists on this board. We are fans, we root and buy seasons. But not everyone drinks the koolaid. 

I'll bet right now they beat Indy, Miami once and lose to NE twice... 8-8. That's improvement?

what he said

People react differently to the shock of 17 years without the playoffs.  This is particularly true during kool-aid type seasons where the team looks unbeatable and then the bottom just falls out.

Let people react how they react.  Given how frustrating it is to root for this team, I no longer judge anyone based on their reactions to the team's performance.  At this point, just about any emotion can be justified.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Very well said 

24 minutes ago, Jackington said:

87% of this board wanted Peterman to start and are mad he sucked and Taylor won this game. Bills could be 7-4 but this board got what it wanted. 

Those are the ones who were secretly wishing for the Bills to get blown out today, so they could start Petermania anew.  Look at the predict the score thread. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

16 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Count me in the optimist group. If I wasn't i'd have thrown in the towel long before the Kelly era.

But I did wake up this morning expecting a 4th straight beating...optimism has its limits. If todays win (or any win for that matter) isn't cause for at least some optimism, well, OK.

There was a lot of talk this past week that the coach had lost the locker room after the Peterman debacle. Does anyone still believe that? I don't, and that's my biggest takeaway from today

To answer your "That's improvement?" question (and without any regard to how many more wins we get this year): I see a more disciplined and resilient team than last year. I don't see either Ryan on the sideline. Complain all you want about TT, but at a minimum they have not taken a step backwards at QB (yeah I get it  - no improvement either). I'll remain optimistic on the coach and GM for now.  I think we're in a better place than we were last year and not just treading water waiting for Rex Ryan's contract to run out, so yup "That's improvement".  Not enough,   but improvement all the same.

55 minutes ago, Jackington said:

87% of this board wanted Peterman to start and are mad he sucked and Taylor won this game. Bills could be 7-4 but this board got what it wanted. 

Most approved of the move as the offense was going nowhere and passing yards were nonexistent . After the terrible result , most approved of changing back to Tyrod, as it was clear Peterman wasn't ready. The Chargers are better than the Bills right now and the Bills weren't likely winning that game anyway. Most of us fans just want to win games , period. Not many if any are mad that the Bills defeated the Chiefs today. Winning is all that matters except to the lunatic fringe.