Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

12 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I don't think anyone can say that Peterman is not the guy.  I am resigned to the fact that he won't play as long as our playoff hopes are alive, but I would still like to see if he is the guy.  I'm just saying that I'd rather be eliminated as soon as possible, and take a better look at Peterman, than go to the playoffs with a QB that will not be here next year, and is not the guy.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. You'd really rather NOT go to the playoffs than go to the playoffs? Wow. 

2 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. You'd really rather NOT go to the playoffs than go to the playoffs? Wow. 

I think he's trying to say "why take a shot at the superbowl when we can have a better shot if Peterman turns out well"

5 hours ago, sullim4 said:

This.

TT is better than Peterman but this team will not win more than 8 or 9 games playing like this.  After this season, it is time to move on rather than prolong this.

I agree...with thread title as in "longterm". But as I've been vocal of saying, til they draft or trade for a better QB, what would be the logic of "moving on"?

The General Managers for all of the NFL  teams ranked the QB's and TT was ranked 25th. That along with his record with the Bills (20--18) is a precursor for his release after this year. His record does not belie a Super Bowl championship.I have been hoping for him to come around for two and one half years but it does not seem it is i the cards. I would like to see Peterman to, but I think with TT in there we will not get a lead enough for Peterman to play.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wily Dog said:

The General Managers for all of the NFL  teams ranked the QB's and TT was ranked 25th. That along with his record with the Bills (20--18) is a precursor for his release after this year. His record does not belie a Super Bowl championship.I have been hoping for him to come around for two and one half years but it does not seem it is i the cards. I would like to see Peterman to, but I think with TT in there we will not get a lead enough for Peterman to play.

If I remember correctly they ranked the total position. Starter and one or two backups. Based on experience and potential. We had EJ and Cardale. It wasn't just Tyrod. 

1 minute ago, Wily Dog said:

Tyrod keeps the games close just so Peterman doesn’t get any more experience. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I think it it possible to not hate TT, and think he's not the guy.  I wish TT was the guy, because I think he's good guy.   Yall are convinced that Peterman is not the guy.  I don't see why making the playoffs this year  is so important.  I'd rather see if Peterman is the guy, and use those 2 firsts on OL.

Multiple things wrong with your post:

1.  You might not think playoffs are important, but that locker room does.  Those guys in the locker room put everything on the line every Sunday including their health, their lives, and their future.  They don't do that for any reason other than for each other to win...make the playoffs...and try to get to a Super Bowl.  You don't take that away from them when its obtainable just because some fans THINK a 5th round QB with a poor College Comp % and Record might be some sort of spark or savior.  

2.  There is a time and place to take a look at Peterman, and during the hunt for the playoffs is NOT the time.  But he did anyways, and it 100% blew up in his face.  Why did it blow up in his face...for using poor logic.  He SHOULD have started TT against Chargers and then pulled him if struggling for Peterman.  No one would blame him for trying to spark the team to win a key game.  Then if Peterman was way worse, like he was, it was a clear path back to TT.  If Peterman played well in victory or defeat, he had clear path to stick with him.  

I like Peterman as a developmental prospect...but his college resume is Meh, he only completed 50% of his passes in preseason, and his one start was atrocious and historically disastrous.  Most fans don't really understand players and football...if he goes back to Peterman now he will lose the locker room for good.  Jon Gruden lost his locker room and never coached again.  The ONLY time he can take a look at NP this season now without losing anymore respect or credibility is once the Bills are eliminated from the Playoffs.  

Unfortunately, that probably won't happen till the last game or two of the season now that we beat KC.   Sadly, had he handled the situation better and started TT and pulled him if struggling, he wouldn't be in this position.  Or even if he had pulled NP after the 3rd INT in the first quarter when the game was still winnable, but he stubbornly stuck with him and ended up with about the only way he could lose big in the situation.  

25 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I think he's trying to say "why take a shot at the superbowl when we can have a better shot if Peterman turns out well"

I get what he is saying and its still crazy. Why pass on the playoff opportunity for a kid who just had the literal worst half of football ever played at the QB position? 

i would like nothing better than TT being able to Quarterback us to the playoffs this year and turn the switch on his performance on the field. Then we could use our draft picks for other positions. I do not have any allegiance to NP other than to see if he may be a QB of the future. I have been a Bills fan from the inception so you maybe can see my frustration.

3 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

i would like nothing better than TT being able to Quarterback us to the playoffs this year and turn the switch on his performance on the field. Then we could use our draft picks for other positions. I do not have any allegiance to NP other than to see if he may be a QB of the future. I have been a Bills fan from the inception so you maybe can see my frustration.

I’ve run out of chances for Tyrod...he just doesn’t do the little things that well, that you need in order to be a consistently good football team...that pass to O’Leary was absolutely horrendous! It’s the first time I ever saw a completion by the offense that nearly ended up costing us the game...think about that for a moment.

27 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’ve run out of chances for Tyrod...he just doesn’t do the little things that well, that you need in order to be a consistently good football team...that pass to O’Leary was absolutely horrendous! It’s the first time I ever saw a completion by the offense that nearly ended up costing us the game...think about that for a moment.

You mean other than the one he threw to Matthews at the end of the first half when we had no timeouts and cost us a FG a few games ago?

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You've run out of chances for Tyrod ................... I mean you've been defending him for so long ........... must be exhausted.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

QB Ryan Finley, NC State, in the 2nd round...remember this name if he declares...I have my doubts on being able to acquire a top QB...but Finley could still be a solid pickup...been seeing him mocked to us a few times in the 2nd.

The ones I have seen have us taking Will Grier from WVA in the 3rd...

Edited by matter2003