Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

Taylor isn't going to change. The two QB's playing today were mirror images of each other. Neither will lose a game with their stat line. Watch them and you want better. The thing with wanting to be better is that it's hard for either franchise to take a step back in order to take two steps forward.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The coaches also believed Peterman could execute it better than Tyrod so are we supposed to blindly trust that they know what they’re doing?

probably because Peterman is a passer.    if Tyrods benching was on Dennison,  it makes sense,   Dennison wants to run quick pass  West Coast offense.   Pass to set up the run.

exactly what Tyrod isnt capable of.   Dump off passes in the flat dont count.    Everything we saw from Peterman,  little as it was,   showed he was better at the passing aspect of Dennisons offense.   of course he went out and laid a huge egg, and the experiment ended.

these coaches are trying to keep their jobs.   i refuse to believe, that 1st year coaches are simply phoning it in,  making decisions detrimental to the team just so they can have  "their" guy be successful.  

Dennison has been successful elsewhere.   He hasnt had a full season here.    he gets the benefit of the doubt with me,  because,  ive  watched 3 years of Taylor not be able to run any kind of passing offense successfully.

do you have to give Dennison a pass?  blindly trust him?   absolutely not.   for me though,  the sample size is far too small atm.

1 hour ago, Jackington said:

The pass wasn't so low that O'Leary had to go to the ground. He thought there was guy going to hit him. Hence when he never rilled or got up after the catch.

That is just as much on O'Leary. 

Also, hey remember the holding call right before that? It was actually a +4 yard gain

Yap...Its O'Leary's fault the ball hit him in the feet. 

5 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

probably because Peterman is a passer.    if Tyrods benching was on Dennison,  it makes sense,   Dennison wants to run quick pass  West Coast offense.   Pass to set up the run.

exactly what Tyrod isnt capable of.   Dump off passes in the flat dont count.    Everything we saw from Peterman,  little as it was,   showed he was better at the passing aspect of Dennisons offense.   of course he went out and laid a huge egg, and the experiment ended.

these coaches are trying to keep their jobs.   i refuse to believe, that 1st year coaches are simply phoning it in,  making decisions detrimental to the team just so they can have  "their" guy be successful.  

Dennison has been successful elsewhere.   He hasnt had a full season here.    he gets the benefit of the doubt with me,  because,  ive  watched 3 years of Taylor not be able to run any kind of passing offense successfully.

do you have to give Dennison a pass?  blindly trust him?   absolutely not.   for me though,  the sample size is far too small atm.

Tell me where Dennis has been successful.  Better yet I'll tell you.  He had 1 great year and 1 good year with Houston, largely thanks to Kubiak.  0utside of that he's been a dumpster fire everywhere.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

Why even do a thread on this??? Tyrod will NOT be the Bills qb next year. Unless the Bills somehow go 4-2 or 5-1 and make the playoffs. And even then, I’d highly doubt it. The coaching staff has made this abundantly clear already. 

Can we change the coaching staff instead?

15 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

first game of the season. a lot has changed since then. kc has dropped 3 while the patsies** are on a 7 game win streak.

And....

The Pats were smoked by that team at home. We shouldn’t be complaining about how the Bills won on the road. Let’s just appreciate it.

23 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

I have my own opinion, Tyrod doesnt take risks because he wants to protect his stat line or hes too stupid to see the windows.  Either way, he will be rather ineffective when his athleticism disappears and for a QB who is approaching 30 years old, he likely is getting there closer than anyone would think.  There is a reason the only players who are still playing into their mid 30's are accurate pocket passers.

I'm not picking a side in this discussion. But unless we get another VERY nimble QB, he won't live to be 30 behind this line.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

A Dennison offense hasn't been successful for the better part of a decade. When he was last successful, he had Arian Foster, Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub, who in that moment were all top 10 at their positions. He's a bad offensive coordinator. His system is simple, and he has no feel for game flow when play calling. He also tips run/throw way too much. Shotgun? Pass, 95% of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Brees threw it short on the last drive .......... boy he sucks.  Almost got picked on a sure TD ......... Brees is soo bad.  Seriously ........ taking one play and making it your case is lame.  It wasn't any bigger or more to do with the outcome of the game than the hold bringing back a 1st down run before it or the crappy 3 and 2 call directly after it.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And....

The Pats were smoked by that team at home. We shouldn’t be complaining about how the Bills won on the road. Let’s just appreciate it.

I wasn't complaining. the team today was not the team that smoked them. technically, yes it was. but some teams tend to slide after a hot start, quite evident with kc. while the patsies** keep winning.

that was my point. I'm glad  they won today. glad the defense stepped up and only allowed 10 points. what I would like to see but wont until they rid of that OC, is a more aggressive offense scoring points instead of this conservative crap. one td wont get it done next week.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I wasn't complaining. the team today was not the team that smoked them. technically, yes it was. but some teams tend to slide after a hot start, quite evident with kc. while the patsies** keep winning.

that was my point. I'm glad  they won today. glad the defense stepped up and only allowed 10 points. what I would like to see but wont until they rid of that OC, is a more aggressive offense scoring points instead of this conservative crap. one td wont get it done next week.

Dennison coaches his worst game today. He was awful. We won despite him and an awful, awful call. We TOOK CARE OF THE FOOTBALL which we way underrate around here. We made them move the football and they couldn’t. 

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Brees threw it short on the last drive .......... boy he sucks.  Almost got picked on a sure TD ......... Brees is soo bad.  Seriously ........ taking one play and making it your case is lame.  It wasn't any bigger or more to do with the outcome of the game than the hold bringing back a 1st down run before it or the crappy 3 and 2 call directly after it.

You’re trying way too hard and it’s making you look stupid.

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

my god ...really ....comparing drew brees and tt, wow.

18 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1