Chargers felt disrespected by Peterman starting.

JM2009

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Chargers' D is full of clowns apparently.

why are they clowns.....they handled us convincingly.....with the crap we put out today we deserved it and then some.....WE broke records today in inepitude at the lowest degree.....this is all on the coaches,.....I thought last weekend couldnt get any worse......OH boy cant wait to see what next weekend has in store! 

2 minutes ago, JPP said:

why are they clowns.....they handled us convincingly.....with the crap we put out today we deserved it and then some.....WE broke records today in inepitude at the lowest degree.....this is all on the coaches,.....I thought last weekend couldnt get any worse......OH boy cant wait to see what next weekend has in store! 

Saying they were disrespected because we played Peterman is stupid.  That's why.

2 minutes ago, Idandria said:

At least he got a start under his belt. That’s better than 99% of the kids that play the game.

tis better to have loved and lost right? Or something like that. 

I think it may have been better to go through life thinking you would have done well then to now have to go through life knowing you put up one of the worst stat lines in modern NFL history.....

• Haha (+1) 1

The only way I could understand how the Chargers would feel like they were disrespected out of this would be the following situation:

McD: "Hey guys, the Chargers really suck.  Taylor's our best quarterback, but instead of going with him, let's start a rookie scrub and beat them just to stick it to them.  I mean, this is a meaningless game, right?  We need to follow the process!  Never mind that the Bills haven't won in San Diego since 1981.  I won the job over Anthony Lynn so I must be better!"

Beane: "Yeah.  The NFL isn't high on Dean Spanos right now, either.  If we can embarrass the franchise, Goodell will approve.  Let's start Peterman."

Athletes aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed in the first place.  Listening to their postgame press conferences looking for insights isn't generally a useful practice.  Just look at what McD has done to the postgame pressers of our players...

2 hours ago, JM2009 said:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/11/chargers_felt_disrespected_by_decision_to_play_bills_rookie_qb_nathan_peterman.html

"We knew our pass rush would get to him if we put some pressure on him," Lynn said after the game. "We studied all the preseason film and every time he was under pressure, his completion percentage was a lot lower. We didn't have to manufacture the pressure. We have guys that can apply it."

"He's a rookie," Chargers cornerback Casey Hayward said. "He's a rookie guy, so they decided to start him this week against our team. I'm pretty sure we might've felt a little disrespected. They started a rookie against a really good defense. We have some good edge rushers and we have some good guys in the secondary. So we had to take advantage of that."

And Lynn already knew all there was to know about defending Tyrod. Barely would have had to evaluate any film. I'm guessing some would have rather just went to battle and lost predictably with Tyrod , the media wouldn't have noticed at all. Fair enough but the result is still a loss. I don't hate what McD did and am interested to see if Taylor can play well enough to beat the Chiefs who lost to a one win Giants team today and haven't looked good in weeks. Today was going to be a loss most likely, but oddly enough I think Taylor has a better chance at Arrowhead than he would have today. 

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Saying they were disrespected because we played Peterman is stupid.  That's why.

True. It was desperate move by a Coach watching his team sink under a porous defense and a moribund passing game. It's smacked of desperation more than disrespect. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

No many were clamoring for this saying this the best thing since jumping onto burning tables in tailgates.

yeah, thats not how it works around here, your supposed ot kick and scream and complain that they dont do something, then when they do, complain that they did it and shouldn't have done it cause it didnt work like they wanted it to

As for the Chargers, Dont flatter yourselves. You just happened to get lucky that you face the Bills after 2 blowouts and many outing of struggling offence. They didn't make the change because of your team, it could have been the pats, Browns or anyone and the move still would have been made because they were making a last ditch effort to try and spark a struggling offence.

Boo hoo and their lame excuse.

what a bunch of garbage. 

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Cry me a river. 

Shouldn’t that be

Cry me a Rivers?

They have P Rivers and great pass rushers and 3 wins.  

Any disrespect they felt was their own fault.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan