Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The silence is deafening 

The damage has been done. Time to lay in the bed they made, roll with Nate, and see if he's grown from his prior experience. It's not the decision that gives you the best chance to win, but I just don't see how you can go back from that.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The damage has been done. Time to lay in the bed they made and roll with Nate. It's not the decision that gives you the best chance to win, but I just don't see how you can go back from that.

Well... you go back from that by doing what gives you the best chance to win...

... but I'm no expert...

Edited by Rocky Landing

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I can only speak for myself 

i always want the new guys to succeed and I will not throw them away after 1 game. 

TT looked to be the answer in 15 (14 games) and then in 16 (14 or 15 games) we started to see a pattern 

said pattern continued into 17 

make him be a QB 

Maybe we should’ve made the Oline be an Oline as well. Like it or not, the Oline is the most important unit on the offense. If your Oline stinks, chances are the offense will struggle. 

27 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The damage has been done. Time to lay in the bed they made, roll with Nate, and see if he's grown from his prior experience. It's not the decision that gives you the best chance to win, but I just don't see how you can go back from that.

We can hope. Now we wait for the big reveal. 

19 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

Maybe we should’ve made the Oline be an Oline as well. Like it or not, the Oline is the most important unit on the offense. If your Oline stinks, chances are the offense will struggle. 

I’m so many ways.  

Last time I presented this as a statement but now I'll  ask it as  a question. Why pull Nate Peterman at halftime in his first start  if they were that confident with him as a starter? You missed out on a whole half of the game to evaluate him. Doesn't make sense to drop TT halfway into a game he couldn't save. The only reason I could imagine they pulled him was to save embarrassment for everyone. 

It like touching a hot stove pulling your hand back in pain, then touching it again. Just using that logic I would be shocked if he starts again very soon. Not that I really care at this point.

They didn't let him play a full game. Seriously let that sink in. If they didn't even let him play a full game why would they start him again? Although it's not out of the question to just let him play half games. 

Edited by Lfod

48 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We can hope. Now we wait for the big reveal. 

I’m so many ways.  

Do you think they will have a QB reveal party tomorrow, you know like those gender reveal parties that are all the rage now? They can open a huge box and balloons will flow out the top indicating Tyrod or Nate. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you think they will have a QB reveal party tomorrow, you know like those gender reveal parties that are all the rage now? They can open a huge box and balloons will flow out the top indicating Tyrod or Nate. 

I have a friend that wants to do a gender reveal and just have it come out black and then say “we don’t know what gender our chicks will identify as.”  :lol:

(1) Why are so many people now saying Taylor should start until the playoffs are out of reach, then be benched? If Taylor has earned the starters role now, isn't it likely he'll still earn it then? Should any other starters lose what they've earned if the Bills reach that point? People used to say the "play Peterman" shtick was because (supposedly) it was an open question whether the Bills would draft a QB. Does anyone think that justification is still valid? What's left to warrant taking the man's job with a few games left in the season?  Spite?

(2) Looking at what Peterman's apologists have come up with over 6-14-66-5, can anyone imagine their orgasmic rapture if Peterman plays a whole game, throws for 180yds and only two interceptions? I've got a pretty decent imagination but I don't think I can fully get my head around that.

Does anyone actually think that TT can win the next 2 games?  That's the only way we stay in the hunt.  If he can't win the next 2, then just stay with the kid.  I want to see if he can redeem himself.  American loves that story!  Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, Ga boy said:

Does anyone actually think that TT can win the next 2 games?  That's the only way we stay in the hunt.  If he can't win the next 2, then just stay with the kid.  I want to see if he can redeem himself.  American loves that story!  Go Bills!!!

Uh..... Yeah. America does indeed love the Peterman Story.

Perhaps not in the way you think though.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have a friend that wants to do a gender reveal and just have it come out black and then say “we don’t know what gender our chicks will identify as.”  :lol:

That would be peak 2017 :)

If Peterman starts I’m drinking much vodka before 1pm . Not sure I can handle it.

giphy.gif

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, grb said:

Taylor Hate is such a strange phenomena. Over at Rumblings there's a epic hater named ForeignArrow who does his own All-22 review after every game, grading the quarterback play. He just did the Chargers game (Peterman alone) and graded NP's game as 1.64. I won't even attempt to describe what that number is supposed to mean, but suffice it to say it's over five times better a grade than the same person gave Taylor for the Jet's game. It's as if the red-hot heat of hate has totally fried their brains. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No, you said he wouldn't have fared any better. But feel free to backtrack, I can understand after such a ridiculous claim. There is nearly 0 chance that the halftime score is 37-7 with Tyrod in that game.

The Chargers drives in the first half started at:
BUF 31 thanks to an INT (Missed FG)

LAC 25 thanks to a 2 run TD drive from Shady (FG)

BUF 46 thanks to an INT (TD)

BUF 15 thanks to an INT (TD)

LAC 24 because we finally got through 3 plays and punted (FG)

LAC 43 after another 3 & Out (TD)

LAC 46 thanks to another INT (FG)

Then also tack on the pick-6 for 7 more points. And it's worth pointing out, due to how short our drives were the Chargers had 7 possessions that half and we received the opening kick. 6 of our 8 possessions were 3 plays or less, and the 2 that were more than 3 plays both ended in INTs.

Did you notice, by the way, that every time the Chargers had to go more than 60 yards their drive stalled and they kicked a FG instead of scoring a TD? Do yourself a favor and quit while you're behind.

44 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

TT would not have turned the ball over five times. He doesn't turn it over five times in a whole season.Way too hard with the agenda here. When players around the league comment on what a bad decision it way, pretty sure Bills players would feel the same way.

You folks still don't understand the point. Regardless of how many picks Tyrod would have thrown or not thrown in the game Sunday, the Buffalo Bills we're not going to win that football game. It doesn't matter if Peterman throws a pick or Tyrod takes a sack. I don't hate Tyrod. In fact I don't think the Bills lose as drastically as they did if Tyrod played the first half. But they still lose. And they will lose against the Chiefs and they will lose against the Patriots regardless of the QB.

Now you can be delusional and think somehow Tyrod is going to become a franchise QB and lead this team to the playoffs and a chance for the Superbowl but it ain't gonna happen. 0% chance. And in all honesty, I would put the chance that Peterman can ever win a Superbowl at about 20%. Before the game Sunday I would have put it at 30%. There are 6 games to see if that number goes up some or down to 0%. That information is imperative for the future of this franchise. It's time to move on from Tyrod Taylor. Waiting 6 weeks is wasting 6 weeks.  

6 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

You folks still don't understand the point. Regardless of how many picks Tyrod would have thrown or not thrown in the game Sunday, the Buffalo Bills we're not going to win that football game. It doesn't matter if Peterman throws a pick or Tyrod takes a sack. I don't hate Tyrod. In fact I don't think the Bills lose as drastically as they did if Tyrod played the first half. But they still lose. And they will lose against the Chiefs and they will lose against the Patriots regardless of the QB.

Now you can be delusional and think somehow Tyrod is going to become a franchise QB and lead this team to the playoffs and a chance for the Superbowl but it ain't gonna happen. 0% chance. And in all honesty, I would put the chance that Peterman can ever win a Superbowl at about 20%. Before the game Sunday I would have put it at 30%. There are 6 games to see if that number goes up some or down to 0%. That information is imperative for the future of this franchise. It's time to move on from Tyrod Taylor. Waiting 6 weeks is wasting 6 weeks.  

Totally agree with the pimpman that Peterman should play out the string.

9 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Peterman has a chance to win a Super Bowl the same way David Carr and Rob Johnson did.  As a backup QB on the sidelines.