Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

Peterman is a pocket passer on a team that cannot provide a pocket.  They haven't all season.  I'm not sure what McCoach expects to see when every time Peterman drops back, he runs into a defensive lineman already there.  The only reason TT can do anything is because he can scramble and run [for his life most of the time].  Maybe against Indy, at home, the offensive line can manage to create a pocket once in a while. Until that can happen, there is no point playing Peterman IMO. And certainly not against a ticked off Chiefs team, away.  They are going to be out for blood after losing to a terrible Giants team.

Edited by CodeMonkey

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McD interview on WGR yesterday was even more telling than his press conference. He says something to the effect of “when you are trying to get somewhere you haven’t been in 17 years, you need to make some tough decisions.”

Yet people won't accept the change in mentality at OBD.  

Disaster or not, he's making his won own choices.    Edit for typo

29 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

If Peterman turns out to be as "bad" as Drew Brees, I'll take it over Tyrod's escapablity.

People can paste all the idiotic graphics they want over and over.  It will not change the facts. 

Maybe just maybe if Tentative Tyrod threw the damn ball as soon as he dropped back he would not have to scramble for his life!!!   Useless stat to make a guy look good.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

There is zero chance of Peterman starting this week unless Tyrod is hurt.  It's better for the team and for Nate that he not play this week. 

Zero chance? Did you listen to his interview on WGR? Sounds like to me Peterman starts rest of the year

10 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

If Peterman turns out to be as "bad" as Drew Brees, I'll take it over Tyrod's escapablity.

Love the spin!! Pick the one great QB that sucks under pressure and use him as the example while ignoring that the greatest of all-time is the best against pressure. How could you possibly read that stat and distort it in that way?!? There are exceptions to every rule (ie Brady in the 6th) but this spin is the type of thing that really lowers the quality of conversation on here. He’s much more likely to be Beathard than Brees.

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yet people won't accept the change in mentality at OBD.  

Disaster or not, he's making his won choices.  

People can paste all the idiotic graphics he wants over and over.  It will not change the facts. 

Maybe just maybe if Tentative Tyrod threw the damn ball as soon as he dropped back he would not have to scramble for his life!!!   Useless stat to make a guy look good.  

Peterman threw it on time last week. He completed 6 to Bills players and 5 to Chargers players. Do you really still not see the value in protecting the football?!?

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Love the spin!! Pick the one great QB that sucks under pressure and use him as the example while ignoring that the greatest of all-time is the best against pressure. How could you possibly read that stat and distort it in that way?!? There are exceptions to every rule (ie Brady in the 6th) but this spin is the type of thing that really lowers the quality of conversation on here. He’s much more likely to be Beathard than Brees.

Peterman threw it on time last week. He completed 6 to Bills players and 5 to Chargers players. Do you really still not see the value in protecting the football?!?

Please do not lump my guy Beathard in with Peterman. It's disrespectful :lol:

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The two plays that Nate got hit when he threw, please tell me what would have happened with Taylor in the exact time frame?

One was to a Bill that popped it up into the air when it hit his hands in front of his face.  Not on Nate at all.  

Mr Sarcasm asks 

Or did he throw the ball to hard with his weak arm?  0:)

26 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Useless stat to make a guy look good.  

...and predictable, and very typical of this fickle fan base.  I dont care who starts, I just want to see the team win.  But, I wouldnt be surprised at all if Nate starts.  Tyrods bonus comes due day #3 of the 2018 season.  I forget the amount (6 mil maybe?) and while he is an average QB they very unlikely to pay that much.

Next man up is Peterman. Last weeks start was not a good data point.  They need to see what he can do in a clean pocket and coach him to NOT force the ball when the play is not there.   Those two forced throws were definitely on him and he should have eaten it.  Easily correctible flaw.

Play who you see fit, coach.  I'll cheer for the team either way.

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Love the spin! Pick the one stat that puts Tyrod on the same level as the greatest of all-time while ignoring that he can't consistently put the ball within a receiver's catch radius. How could you possibly read that one stat and distort it in that way?!? There are exceptions to every rule (Drew Brees was also a free agent pick up) but this spin is the type of thing that really lowers the quality of conversation on here. He's more like Hundley than Brady.

5 minutes ago, jaybee said:

...and predictable, and very typical of this fickle fan base.  I dont care who starts, I just want to see the team win.  But, I wouldnt be surprised at all if Nate starts.  Tyrods bonus comes due day #3 of the 2018 season.  I forget the amount (6 mil maybe?) and while he is an average QB they very unlikely to pay that much.

Next man up is Peterman. Last weeks start was not a good data point.  They need to see what he can do in a clean pocket and coach him to NOT force the ball when the play is not there.   Those two forced throws were definitely on him and he should have eaten it.  Easily correctible flaw.

Play who you see fit, coach.  I'll cheer for the team either way.

I posted this before and it needs to be posted again for the people with blinders. Yes Nate sucked with 5,  But he is not the only one.  Many QB's are on the list 3, 4 and 5 times 

Player INT's    In One Game
Steve DeBerg 7 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. SF 49ers, September 7, 1986
Ken Stabler+ 7 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos, October 16, 1977
Joe Namath+ 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Houston Oilers, October 15, 1967
Vinny Testaverde 6 TAM Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Minnesota Vikings, October 23, 1988
Joe Namath+ 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Baltimore Colts, October 18, 1970
Peyton Manning 6 IND Indianapolis Colts vs. San Diego Chargers, November 11, 2007
Brett Favre+ 6 GNB Green Bay Packers vs. St. Louis Rams, January 20, 2002
Ryan Fitzpatrick 6 NYJ New York Jets vs. Kansas City Chiefs, September 25, 2016
Chris Chandler 6 STL St. Louis Rams vs. Carolina Panthers, December 12, 2004
Heath Shuler 5 WAS Washington Redskins vs. Arizona Cardinals, October 16, 1994
Jay Cutler 5 CHI Chicago Bears vs. SF 49ers, November 12, 2009
Ben Roethlisberger 5 PIT Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, October 8, 2017
Tony Romo 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. Buffalo Bills, October 8, 2007
Joe Flacco 5 BAL Baltimore Ravens vs. Buffalo Bills, September 29, 2013
Ken Stabler+ 5 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. Miami Dolphins, December 10, 1978
Ken Stabler+ 5 OAK Oakland Raiders vs. New York Jets, October 21, 1979
Troy Aikman+ 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants, October 15, 2000
Ken Stabler+ 5 HOU Houston Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, September 7, 1980
Ken Stabler+ 5 HOU Houston Oilers vs. Seattle Seahawks, October 5, 1980
Tony Romo 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. Chicago Bears, October 1, 2012
Brett Favre+ 5 GNB Green Bay Packers vs. Cincinnati Bengals, October 30, 2005
Drew Brees 5 NOR New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons, November 29, 201
8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why can't their be a 3rd choice that says it doesn't matter who starts we will still lose.

Thats a given the way the defense has been playing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The two plays that Nate got hit when he threw, please tell me what would have happened with Taylor in the exact time frame?

One was to a Bill that popped it up into the air when it hit his hands in front of his face.  Not on Nate at all.  

Mr Sarcasm asks 

Or did he throw the ball to hard with his weak arm?  0:)

He would have avoided the rush like he has all year!! He’s seeing the exact same pressure and has been really good against it as evidenced by his rating. He doesn’t struggle under pressure. He struggles with the timing routes. 

If you want to absolve Nate for the Dimarco pick, you should absolve Tyrod for the 2 picks on Clay. That’s just being consistent. You can’t  have it both ways!!

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

He would have avoided the rush like he has all year!! He’s seeing the exact same pressure and has been really good against it as evidenced by his rating. He doesn’t struggle under pressure. He struggles with the timing routes. 

If you want to absolve Nate for the Dimarco pick, you should absolve Tyrod for the 2 picks on Clay. That’s just being consistent. You can’t  have it both ways!!

LOL Kirby.   Come on man you are better than that.  

1 minute ago, PastaJoe said:

Love the spin! Pick the one stat that puts Tyrod on the same level as the greatest of all-time while ignoring that he can't consistently put the ball within a receiver's catch radius. How could you possibly read that one stat and distort it in that way?!? There are exceptions to every rule (Drew Brees was also a free agent pick up) but this spin is the type of thing that really lowers the quality of conversation on here. He's more like Hundley than Brady.

It says that he is good under pressure (which the Bills see a lot of). A stat that is true isn’t spin. Taking a guy that sucks under pressure and saying “I hope that he sucks like Brees” is spin. 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL Kirby.   Come on man you are better than that.  

What did I say that’s not true? 

2 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

1) Rating under pressure doesn't put Tyrod on the same level as Brady. Everyone in the league is literally 50 points behind him.

2) Weird, he can't put it in their catch radius, but he's 13th in the league for completion % and a mere 9.6% higher than his replacement on the season so far...