[closed]Why the rush to Peterman this week......

Billsfan1972

Or does the Bills front office not care about the playoffs?

I am not a Tyrod fan.  I am more one who has questioned the FO, coaching, OC and play calling (check my threads & posts).

Very simply I thought the FO was while not tanking the season, were more then content if they did go 4-12.

The great start changed the narrative, but many still liked the talk about McDermott, discipline and their type of player.

So now 5-4 and the playoffs on the line with the one winnable game prior to week 14 and they bench Tyrod????

Again if he went out and stunk up the joint vs. LAC you have an easier time convincing the team, fans & national media and still have 6 weeks to audition Peterman, but to do it this week defies logic.

I know there is a large segment here chomping at the bit, praying for a good game from Peterman and to be cackling and beating their chests Sunday night, but again why didn't they play this week out?

Maybe, just maybe McD wants to try and salvage the good start and make the playoffs? It’s easy to play it safe and stick with Tyrod but I don’t think he’s that good and our chances of making the playoffs with him aren’t significantly greater than with Peterman. It’s all a moot point anyway if the defense doesn’t get it together.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Because, for the second time TT has been benched when the regime decided he wasn’t the guy.

The Playoffs were a pipe dream before the season started and still are.

The prudent move is to see what your semi promising backup has and set yourself up for next season.

This Defense looks shot also.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Because, for the second time TT has been benched when the regime decided he wasn’t the guy.

The Playoffs were a pipe dream before the season started and still are.

The prudent move is to see what your semi promising backup has and set yourself up for next season.

This Defense looks shot also.

5-4 and in the playoffs as of now.  This is the one game they can win along with Miami x 2 and Indy.

Next week and little debate, but like it or not they are in the playoffs and are now starting a rookie fifth round pick.

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

5-4 and in the playoffs as of now.  This is the one game they can win along with Miami x 2 and Indy.

Next week and little debate, but like it or not they are in the playoffs and are now starting a rookie fifth round pick.

Over a spent sixth round pick who can’t play the position.

I trust McD and Dennison( and my own eyes) to think NP offers as good a chance or better to win this game.

It is a calculated risk. I don't think this was just audition for Nate or I think they would of waited like you suggested they do.

They made the move because they think Nate is the best choice moving forward to win this next game. Saying it's a calculated risk is respectable because it's admitting it is a risk even if it was well thought over move.

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Tyrod hasn't run this offense the way it's supposed to be run all year even dating back to the offseason.  Quick reads and passes in windows are a must in this scheme...he just doesn't fit.  Why see the same bad movie over and over?  

That's the oc's fault then.  Tyrod was the QB, you scheme an offense that plays to his strengths.

And now the fans pray for a rookie fifth round pick.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

How are the playoffs a pipe dream when we are in the wild card spot now. Such loser thinking.  What a great fan base. Just accepting crap 

You have GOT to be the most aggravatingly judgemental person on this board, and that's saying something.

Remind me again of who you are?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That's the oc's fault then.  Tyrod was the QB, you scheme an offense that plays to his strengths.

And now the fans pray for a rookie fifth round pick.....

It is what it is.  I don't see how he can be much worse than Tyrod other than throwing a few interceptions that Tyrod might not throw.  Tyrod had a couple good games this year, but he hasn't been all that good.  9 games in and Tyrod still has not scored a TD in the first quarter.  When you have games of 56 yards and or games where you only score 3 points... its not good enough.  I think Peterman can get 56 yards and score 3 points.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You have GOT to be the most aggravatingly judgemental person on this board, and that's saying something.

Nope, A couple others have him beat but what do I know?

” I’m a loser baby, so why don’t you troll me.”

?

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That's definitely not true... we all must assess and deliver our opinions on the subject du jour. Some don't like it because it doesn't match their opinion or their tribal opinion.

Ohh well!

Bill_the_Butcher_Iraq.jpg

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It is what it is.  I don't see how he can be much worse than Tyrod other than throwing a few interceptions that Tyrod might not throw.  Tyrod had a couple good games this year, but he hasn't been all that good.  9 games in and Tyrod still has not scored a TD in the first quarter.  When you have games of 56 yards and or games where you only score 3 points... its not good enough.  I think Peterman can get 56 yards and score 3 points.

When the Bills were winning and I complained about the bad play calling on O and lack of yards I was called names too.....

Let me guess.... Bills win 9-6 and Peterman throws for 100 yards and he is called a winner.

Edited by Billsfan1972