Lets get crazy--Andrew Luck

dayman

41 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I'm in love with Kai adams. Don't even know what she said...

Disagree with you there sir. Look how bad the Colts are without him. With him in the lineup there are easily 4-6 wins better. He has no talent around him, except for TY

I don't understand how you can be a generational talent and still get the benefit of the doubt with roster talent.  Andrew Luck will be 29 years old to start next season and he will have 3 playoff wins to his name.  Keep in mind his division has been absolute JOKE his whole career.

He's no slouch, don't get me wrong, but he's simply not this world beater I've been hearing about for years.  Acquiring Luck would be very similar to when we got Bledose, who was a 30 year-old former 1st overall QB with 4 playoff wins to his name.

9 hours ago, fridge said:

I don't understand how you can be a generational talent and still get the benefit of the doubt with roster talent.  Andrew Luck will be 29 years old to start next season and he will have 3 playoff wins to his name.  Keep in mind his division has been absolute JOKE his whole career.

He's no slouch, don't get me wrong, but he's simply not this world beater I've been hearing about for years.  Acquiring Luck would be very similar to when we got Bledose, who was a 30 year-old former 1st overall QB with 4 playoff wins to his name.

You are right in saying he's not a generational talent like he was supposed to be . But that doesn't mean he's not a very good quarterback.

i can't compare him to drew bledsoe as that would be an insult to luck lol.

bledsoe gets injured and look what happens.Pats win the Super Bowl that year after they started 0 and 2 with Bledsoe .(Brady wasn't even that good in 2001 yet)

luck gets injured? Colts go from an average team to one of the worst teams in football .

And did you say the Colts have roster talent? Lol. Outside of Hilton , they don't have a good coach or player around him lol. Maybe costanzo if you want to argue that 

Edited by billsfan11

20 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Injury prone playoff turnover machine for lots of high picks and a back breaking salary cap hit.  That sounds smart.

Last two healthy seasons combined (2014 and 16) 9000 yards passing, 96+ passer rating on 71 TD's and only 29 picks.  All with a mediocre supporting cast.

The guy is elite and proven.  I don't know what the doctors are saying about his shoulder, that's obviously a critical element here, but qb's like that come around once every 3 or 4 years.

And show me a proven franchise qb who doesn't have a heavy cap hit.

Edited by Da webster guy

10 hours ago, fridge said:

He could very be the most overrated athlete of my lifetime. He's not bad, obviously, but he isn't even close to what he was projected to be.

The team never did him any favors.....piss poor defence and especially oline

20 hours ago, WhoTom said:

The Colts would be better off trading back and acquiring more picks, so they can surround Luck with a better team.

He's a headcase now on that team.  His best bet is to go somewhere and see if he can salvage his career.

50 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Last two healthy seasons combined (2014 and 16) 9000 yards passing, 96+ passer rating on 71 TD's and only 29 picks.  All with a mediocre supporting cast.

The guy is elite and proven.  I don't know what the doctors are saying about his shoulder, that's obviously a critical element here, but qb's like that come around once every 3 or 4 years.

And show me a proven franchise qb who doesn't have a heavy cap hit.

A lot of caveats in there but at least next year is even numbered.

He has played in the worst division in football history and squeaked by.....sometimes.  When he came out he was "once in a lifetime" now he is "once every 3 or 4 years" on a trajectory toward being "what could have been".   For some reason it is not permissible to point out facts.  Kim Jung QB.

1 hour ago, JPP said:

The team never did him any favors.....piss poor defence and especially oline

Exactly. The team around him is just awful. Including his coaches. They literally only have 1-2 good players on their team outside of Luck.

With Luck- 11-5 in 2012

12-6 in 2013 (Including a playoff win and loss)

13-6 in 2014 (Including 2 playoff wins and 1 playoff loss

2-5 in 2015 (Was injured pretty much all year and played with bad injuries)

8-7 in 2016

2017 without Luck? 3-11... I don't understand how some people think Luck isn't good.

This team is showing how bad they are without him.

Is he a top 5 QB? No. But he is a pretty damn good QB

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I love how the assessments of Luck ALWAYS have to say how poorly the Colts have done this or that.  Because the narrative was that he was the savior of the entire NFL....a hero for the ages....can't miss....well, he missed, at least to an extent...so someone else is to blame.  Kim Jung QB.

Fridge is right.  Most overrated athlete since Brien Taylor.

brien taylor wasn't over rated he got injured.  He had a ton of talent 

36 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Exactly. The team around him is just awful. Including his coaches. They literally only have 1-2 good players on their team outside of Luck.

With Luck- 11-5 in 2012

12-6 in 2013 (Including a playoff win and loss)

13-6 in 2014 (Including 2 playoff wins and 1 playoff loss

2-5 in 2015 (Was injured pretty much all year and played with bad injuries)

8-7 in 2016

2017 without Luck? 3-11... I don't understand how some people think Luck isn't good.

This team is showing how bad they are without him.

Is he a top 5 QB? No. But he is a pretty damn good QB

I never said he wasn't good. He's obviously good. I'm talking about being overrated. It's becoming a pedantic argument anyways, but acquiring him would be eerily similar to when we got Bledsoe.

7 minutes ago, fridge said:

I never said he wasn't good. He's obviously good. I'm talking about being overrated. It's becoming a pedantic argument anyways, but acquiring him would be eerily similar to when we got Bledsoe.

Overrated in terms of being one of the greatest qbs out of college? Ya for sure because they were ridiculous expectations on him.

But I definitely don't think he's overrated in terms of being good or not. 

I personally don't agree with the Bledsoe comparison at all as Bledsoe was a QB who couldn't even win with a stacked team. But all good, just different opinions 

53 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Overrated in terms of being one of the greatest qbs out of college? Ya for sure because they were ridiculous expectations on him.

But I definitely don't think he's overrated in terms of being good or not. 

I personally don't agree with the Bledsoe comparison at all as Bledsoe was a QB who couldn't even win with a stacked team. But all good, just different opinions 

Your judgement of QB play is too reliant on the quality of the roster. Only one thing matters. Bledsoe at 29 had been to more super bowls than Luck, and had more playoff wins. They were both highly touted 1st overall QBs. It's an apt comparison.

1 minute ago, fridge said:

Your judgement of QB play is too reliant on the quality of the roster. Only one thing matters. Bledsoe at 29 had been to more super bowls than Luck, and had more playoff wins. They were both highly touted 1st overall QBs. It's an apt comparison.

You are saying quality of roster has little to do on how a QB performs?

Was Brees all of a sudden a mediocre QB when his team missed the playoffs the past 3 years?

Bledsoe once again was on a stacked team... They won the superbowl the year he got injured lol... 0-2 when he was playing that year. Bledsoe was an average to an above QB playing on a very good team.

It's hard to make an argument that Bledsoe is better just because he went to a superbowl. You know, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl, does that make him better than Bledsoe? And is Bledsoe also better than Philip Rivers because Rivers hasn't been to one?

Luck is a good QB who has literally carried his team to the playoffs. Without him, they are awful as we are now witnessing

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

You are saying quality of roster has little to do on how a QB performs?

Was Brees all of a sudden a mediocre QB when his team missed the playoffs the past 3 years?

Bledsoe once again was on a stacked team... They won the superbowl the year he got injured lol... 0-2 when he was playing that year. Bledsoe was an average to an above QB playing on a very good team.

It's hard to make an argument that Bledsoe is better just because he went to a superbowl. You know, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl, does that make him better than Bledsoe? And is Bledsoe also better than Philip Rivers because Rivers hasn't been to one?

Luck is a good QB who has literally carried his team to the playoffs. Without him, they are awful as we are now witnessing

I think you are using your own personal opinion on how talented their roster is as a fact.

The only facts I'm using are their age, their playoff success, and their hype coming into the league. If you want to sit in the weeds debating the level of talent on the teams you can do that until your face turns blue, I don't care.

Whether you like it or not, Luck has been underwheing as "the next great QB" while playing in one of the worst divisions in football. If you want to blame GMs or blame other circumstances, that's perfectly fine. It has nothing to do with what I'm alleging. 

1 hour ago, fridge said:

I think you are using your own personal opinion on how talented their roster is as a fact.

The only facts I'm using are their age, their playoff success, and their hype coming into the league. If you want to sit in the weeds debating the level of talent on the teams you can do that until your face turns blue, I don't care.

Whether you like it or not, Luck has been underwheing as "the next great QB" while playing in one of the worst divisions in football. If you want to blame GMs or blame other circumstances, that's perfectly fine. It has nothing to do with what I'm alleging. 

It's nothing to do with my opinion on New England though . It's a fact they had a stacked team because they won the super bowl that year when Bledsoe went down. That's pretty unarguable. 

Its also really not my opinion on the talent on the colts. They were 8 and 7 with him last year and are now 3 and 11 this year . With basically the same team. That's also a fact and nothing to do with my opinion.

That is 4 to 6 wins difference for one player . Massive differential 

My opinion is the colts team around him is awful And I'm basing that opinion on their record with vs. Without him, and also the lack of players and coaching around him.

If you can suggest anything that the Colts would be even half competent without luck over the last 5 years, I would be very interested to hear it

Edited by billsfan11