What to expect from Nate Peterman

CDogg20

So what kind of offense do we expect from him this week/performance? I think he helps our offense personally and I am not a Peterman advocate. Hbu? 

Btw anyone who says great another Peterman thread I will shoot lol 

Edited by CDogg20

It’s a complete wildcard this week- by end of season I expect him to level off into a more predictable quality (likely below average but not disaster).

not knowing how the offense will run means we could have a leg up, or make extra mistakes. Likewise he probably makes some throws he shouldn’t and those could go for 7 for either team. Predictions are a bit of throwing darts while blindfolded this week.

Edited by NoSaint

The bottom line in my opinion is that teams figured out TT stack the box, contain Taylor in the pocket.  Forced 3 and outs got the D very tired and shut down the whole team.  Granted the D had their own problems but both the Jets and Saints made stopping McCoy and Taylor look easy.  It's an easy blueprint to follow.  Dennisons Offense is predicated on one thing that TT just can't do, quick throws from the the pocket with anticipation.  If Peterman can do this then it was an easy change to make.  My problem is that I hate Dennisons offense.  When he was with the Bronco's they were terrible with Manning, that is until Payton took the play calling into his own hands and did what he does.  

40 minutes ago, NakedSquid said:

The bottom line in my opinion is that teams figured out TT stack the box, contain Taylor in the pocket.  Forced 3 and outs got the D very tired and shut down the whole team.  Granted the D had their own problems but both the Jets and Saints made stopping McCoy and Taylor look easy.  It's an easy blueprint to follow.  Dennisons Offense is predicated on one thing that TT just can't do, quick throws from the the pocket with anticipation.  If Peterman can do this then it was an easy change to make.  My problem is that I hate Dennisons offense.  When he was with the Bronco's they were terrible with Manning, that is until Payton took the play calling into his own hands and did what he does.  

I agree with you that Dennison and his offensive scheme are at best, unproven commodities and I don't like what I've seen so far.

Biggest thing I will be looking at is how the entire offense flows with him in there.  Also, he's facing two of the top pass rushers in the game this week in Bosa and Ingram.  I want to see how he handles himself against pressure.  From his tape, half of the time he stands in there and fires a strike while other times he runs.  I'm hoping for a solid showing from him

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i fully expect this kind of accuracy.

hell, he might even kick field goals for us if Hauschka gets hurt or something ;)

Two things:

I'd like to see him doing those shots with Bosa breathing down his neck. 

And, when he introduced his wife Morgan, I'm glad the trick wasn't called 'The Money Shot.'

2 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

So what kind of offense do we expect from him this week/performance? I think he helpsmour offense personally and I am not a Peterman advocate. Hbu? 

Btw anyone who says great another Peterman thread I will shoot lol 

The ball is coming out on time.  We are going to be wondering why are our receivers so open all of a sudden...

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

gotta be the first one, right? into the hoop.

across the pond before he takes a dive

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Two things:

I'd like to see him doing those shots with Bosa breathing down his neck. 

And, when he introduced his wife Morgan, I'm glad the trick wasn't called 'The Money Shot.'

If he has a 3 step drop and quick release ... he should be safe

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1