Peterman NFL scouting report---comparable: Kirk Cousins

Big Turk

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Kirk Cousins took years to develop into a merely decent QB that can demand top money from a !@#$ed-up franchise like Washington.

Bills fans will run Peterman out of town on a rail LONG before he gets to that point.

If by merely decent you mean 26 for 37, 329 yards and 2 TDs in his first career start then yes, I think we'd take that. 

His second career NFL start?  29 for 45 for 381 yards and 3 TDs...think we'd take that too.

Don't write revisionist and made up history.

Edited by matter2003

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Kirk Cousins took years to develop into a merely decent QB that can demand top money from a !@#$ed-up franchise like Washington.

Bills fans will run Peterman out of town on a rail LONG before he gets to that point.

Bills fans have run exactly zero QB's out of town ever.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So....does he make it past the third quarter? 

We do tend to be a little harsh as a crowd....

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Cousins didn't take years to develop. He was forced to watch from the sidelines his first three years in the league because the #2 overall pick in the draft was ahead of him.

In his first season as a starter, Cousins was fifth in the NFL in passer rating, 7th in DYAR and 14th in passing yards per game.

In his presser today Peterman kind of reminded me of Cousins and a young Drew Brees the way he spoke.  I'm old enough that he also reminds me of Frank Reich, in appearance and the way he plays...probably more athletic than Frank.  Anyway, if he can have success like any one of those guys on the field I will be psyched up!

Just now, zow2 said:

In his presser today Peterman kind of reminded me of Cousins and a young Drew Brees the way he spoke.  I'm old enough that he also reminds me of Frank Reich, in appearance and the way he plays...probably more athletic than Frank.  Anyway, if he can have success like any one of those guys on the field I will be psyched up!

Wears a wedding ring while playing and sports a beard?  You better hope he's not the next Fitz.  :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If by merely decent you mean 26 for 37, 329 yards and 2 TDs in his first career start then yes, I think we'd take that. 

His second career NFL start?  29 for 45 for 381 yards and 3 TDs...think we'd take that too.

Don't write revisionist and made up history.

Ha! Fatality!

11 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Cousins didn't take years to develop. He was forced to watch from the sidelines his first three years in the league because the #2 overall pick in the draft was ahead of him.

In his first season as a starter, Cousins was fifth in the NFL in passer rating, 7th in DYAR and 14th in passing yards per game.

His first two games started came as a rookie and then the next year later in the season after RGIII was hurt...see my post for his stats from those games.

Granted he made some head scratching throws at times---still does, but he has always dropped dimes downfield on people and put up yards

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Good enough to get the largest 1 year salary in NFL history?

Tell that too Schopp. He was having an absolute hissy fit about the TT benching, and kept repeating how Peterman was drafted in the 5th round, so, how good can he be. 

Haven't tuned into WGR in a while, but it was hilarious today.