Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

You are so full of yourself Foxx. There are worse QBs in the NFL then TT. 20 -18 isn't bad for this team. Not one bit.

no, i just dealt with you berating me for my opinion for 2 and one half years. guess what Jms, my opinion was right but ya know... carry on with your bad self because that's all you got.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Foxx...you know what I'm about to say here.

i know... i know GB808... trust me i know.

i don't know why i.......

Edited by Foxx

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Tyrod is not a quarterback. let me say it again for you but i'll say it slowly this time... Tryod is not a quarterback.

That actually seemed to be the same speed.....  :)

And he IS a quarterback (I know that, because I checked the roster), but he’s not an “NFL Franchise Quarterback”.  I don’t remember many people saying he was that, just some saying he was middle of the pack or slightly below. Unfortunately for him, the OC wanted to make him something he’s not. I think Tyrod could be a better QB than Dennison is an OC. 

5 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

Yes I agree. going from my vague memory his pre-season quick throws are accurate when his feet are set correctly. There are tmes when he fires the ball and it goes completely off the target - and that to me is his footwork.  His accuracy suffered under pressure. I think we're going to see heavy blitz from Chargers on passing downs. 

For sure, not expecting this kid to come out the gate hitting windows like Brady and Rodgers, there's plenty left to develop. Just want to see his accuracy there more than anything really and not have an INT fest, especially to help spell our defense that seems to be getting tired more quickly lately.

And I agree with that last point, too - I don't think the Chargers defensive game plan really changes all that much right now. Peterman is absolutely a different QB play style than TT - but as a rookie their top goal would be to pressure and make him as uncomfortable as possible. And with Ingram and Bosa on the line, they don't need to give up much in coverage to accomplish that, especially if our OL continues at the previous two week rate. Would be a great time for Peterman to get some footwork in, lol.

Just now, Foxx said:

no, i just dealt with you berating my for my opinion. guess what Jms, my opinion was right but ya know... carry on with your bad self because thats all you got.

From the guy who disappeared after the five wins, or any time the Bills have won. TT is not great , but he's been ok for the Bills.20 wins in 38 games is not horrible. 59 TDs and 19 turnovers isn't terrible either.Right-it only took two and one half years lol. And if Peterman is bad, you weren't right. Peterman has not played one meaningful snap in a real NFL game. I hope he does well. I root for whoever is the starter. Unlike some. 6-4 would be nice. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

And he IS a quarterback (I know that, because I checked the roster), but he’s not an “NFL Franchise Quarterback”.  I don’t remember many people saying he was that, just some saying he was middle of the pack or slightly below. Unfortunately for him, the OC wanted to make him something he’s not. I think Tyrod could be a better QB than Dennison is an OC. 

fair enough, I hope they are both somewhere else next year at this point

19 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

8-8 can make a playoff spot, I think. I think TT could have done that. But we'll see what happens. McDermott made it clear he doesn't care about the playoffs this season. And maybe he shouldn't, but for this starved fanbase, I hope this was the right move. We'll see Sunday. Lose that game and then we are done.

The desprate move is to hope Taylor chages his play and the whole team plays perfect and they win enough to back into the playoffs.

This is a 100% atypical football move.  I like the decisiveness of the change.  Once the idea and conversation shifted to Peterman possibly being the better passer make the move.  Why wait on failure first?

Just now, Mat68 said:

The desprate move is to hope Taylor chages his play and the whole team plays perfect and they win enough to back into the playoffs.

This is a 100% atypical football move.  I like the decisiveness of the change.  Once the idea and conversation shifted to Peterman possibly being the better passer make the move.  Why wait on failure first?

I'll take the playoffs any way it has to happen.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I dont think this move is made unless McDermott believes Peterman is the best QB on the roster. I am excited to watch the kid play this week.

I'm interested to see what he can do. I hope the O line doesn't kill him. SD has two really good rushers.

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

fair enough, I hope they are both somewhere else next year at this point

I’m almost positive Tyrod will be, but the OC worries me. Hopefully the FO continues the bold moves and finds a GREAT OC. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

lol.

8 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

From the guy who disappeared after the five wins, or any time the Bills have won. TT is not great , but he's been ok for the Bills.20 wins in 38 games is not horrible. 59 TDs and 19 turnovers isn't terrible either.Right-it only took two and one half years lol. And if Peterman is bad, you weren't right. Peterman has not played one meaningful snap in a real NFL game. I hope he does well. I root for whoever is the starter. Unlike some. 6-4 would be nice. 

i hope Peterman is the answer. initial impressions are that he sure seems to have a lot of the prerequisits to succeed. at the very least this will help us to find out if the kid has the potential or not and we will know what we need to do going into the draft next year.

as for my absence, i aready explained that to you. make up all the stories you like, they are simply not true.

Edited by Foxx

Just now, Foxx said:

i hope Peterman is the answer. initial impressions are that he sure seems to have a lot of the prerequisits to succeed. at the very least this will help us to find out if the kid has the potential or not and we will know what we need to do going into thr draft next year.

as for my absense, i aready explained that to you. make up all the stories you like, they are simply not true.

That's fine, but we still have a solid chance to make the sixth seed more than ever. 8-8 could do it.The AFC is bad.

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m almost positive Tyrod will be, but the OC worries me. Hopefully the FO continues the bold moves and finds a GREAT OC. 

well, i think you are going to be plesantly surprised. Dennison is finally going to get to run his version of the WCO. I also think you'll be amazed at how much better the offensive line looks. no longer will the defense be able to send 5 guys on every single down. Peterman will make them pay, he can read a defense. additionally, he will hit his 5th step in the drop and, bam that ball will come out. slants galore, crossing routes of which both will be hit in stride so that they have a chance to make yards after the catch. also, the defense will have to defend the entire field not just half like they only had to with Tyrod.

I really think you are going to see a much different team with Peterman back there.

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

well, i think you are going to be plesently surprised. Dennison is finally going to get to run his version of the WCO. I also think you'll be amazed at how much better the offensive line looks. no longer will the defense be able to send 5 guys on every single down. Peterman will make them pay, he can read a defense. additionally, he will hit his 5th step in the drop and, bam that ball will come out. slants galore, crossing routes os which both will be hit in strdie so that they have a chance to make yards after the catch. also, the defense will have to defend the entire field not just half like they only had to with Tyrod.

I really think you are going to see a much different team with Peterman back there.

I do LOVE pleasant surprises! If I’m correct, this was our 2nd-3rd choice as OC? There’s a reason for that. But I will certainly;y reserve judgment and hope for the best!