Bills defense since week 5 among worst in NFL

This makes me want to puke quite frankly. Yes we are lacking talent just about everywhere but we hired another alleged defensive guru for a lot more than this

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak

Bills defense since Week 5:

Points allowed/game: 28.4 (28th)

Yards allowed: 403.0 (30th)

Yards/play: 6.07 (29th) Yards/rush: 4.39 (26th)

Yards/pass attempt: 7.67 (27th)

Sacks/pass attempt: 1.7% (32nd)

Red zone TDs: 65% (26th)

3rd downs: 43.5% (25th)

QBR: 68.4 (30th)

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

This makes me want to puke quite frankly. Yes we are lacking talent just about everywhere but we hired another alleged defensive guru for a lot more than this

...huh?...I thought the Dareus trade was the sole culprit......was HE traded in week five?...can't be right.....

Dareus is a red herring and excuse. And having him yesterday would have done very little to slow down the Saints freight train that hit this team.

And I've said ever since the Bengals game this defense is a fraud and has only looked good because of the turnovers.

Biggest concern right now is why this defense has self destructed midseason under another self proclaimed defensive genius and guru. Somewhere Rex Ryan is laughing his ass while he's still getting paid by the Pegulas in the near future.

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

what's weird is that a lot of it seems to be poor tackling. Matt freaking Forte was breaking like 5 tackles on a run. Ingram was literally moving 5 guys by himself.

Not sure what the cause of it is exactly?

A lot of these fools are trying to strip the ball and go for a turnover instead of making fundamental tackles. But that's obviously on McD and Frazier.

Either way I could care less about trying to get 3+ TO's in every game, especially since the last time we did it on the road we still lost the game in Cincy.

Just now, Bangarang said:

I think I read a tweet that said we’ve allowed more rushing yards through 9 games this year than we did with Rex’s defense through as many games last year. No bueno 

No it's not good at all especially since we fired Rex Ryan for the same garbage we're seeing in recent weeks.

In fact McD's teams look worse than Ryan's in recent weeks especially with the undisciplined ugly penalties mounting at an astronomical rate. So much for execution and 'The Process'.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No it's not good at all especially since we fired Rex Ryan for the same garbage we're seeing in recent weeks.

In fact McD's teams look worse than Ryan's in recent weeks especially with the undisciplined ugly penalties mounting at an astronomical rate. So much for execution and 'The Process'.

You want Ryan back?

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

A lot of these fools are trying to strip the ball and go for a turnover instead of making fundamental tackles. But that's obviously on McD and Frazier.

Either way I could care less about trying to get 3+ TO's in every game, especially since the last time we did it on the road we still lost the game in Cincy.

Statistically, this year, if we don't force at least 2 turnovers we pretty much have zero chance of winning. And the Bengals game is a prime example of it not being enough when your offense is horrendous. I am preparing for an epic beat down from the Pats, the likes of which we haven't seen since the 55-10 debacle.

13 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

And I've said ever since the Bengals game this defense is a fraud and has only looked good because of the turnovers.

No true. The run defense was impressive, even in preseason, and the secondary added to it with INT at the right times. This is was boggles the mind: how come the run defense has gone downhill all of a sudden? From very good to super awful? And Dareus was injured and played little for most of the "good stretch" so that's not the main reason - though he would help clog the middle for sure and free up linebackers.

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

Statistically, this year, if we don't force at least 2 turnovers we pretty much have zero chance of winning. And the Bengals game is a prime example of it not being enough when your offense is horrendous. I am preparing for an epic beat down from the Pats, the likes of which we haven't seen since the 55-10 debacle.

I'm dreading that game. brady is going to wreck this defense, and a field goal

or two isn't going to work. patriots will treat that week like a week off and still

win by 30 effortlessly.

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

The warning signs were there for a while and I tried telling folks this defense was a fraud especially after we couldn't even beat a terrible Bengals team on the road with 3 turnovers. And I was certainly convinced after the bye week against a terrible Bucs team at home we also needed 4 TO's to barely win.

Patriots games will certainly be ugly, as will the next two on the road in LA/KC and still think the Dolphins are going to smash this team twice too as they play good enough to make the playoffs.

Colts game will be the 2011 version of the Broncos game and the obligatory meaningless late season win common in Buffalo.