Week 11: Chargers' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced, Jordan Matthews Out

26CornerBlitz

From Eagles-Cowboys to Rams-Vikings, this week's slate of games is chock full of exciting matchups -- and Elliot Harrison is here to guide you through it. Does Philadelphia keep soaring as the playoffs draw closer?

Two forces scream toward one another from opposite sections of the States -- disparate portions of the world, really.

The game of which I speak is the league's version of Kennedy-Nixon, at least for this week. It's like INXS trying to upend U2 as the hottest foreign band in the summer of '87. It's a matchup with the familiarity of the "Jordan Rules" Pistons playing postseason games in Chicago, over and over again.

Eagles at Cowboys?

No.

Rams at Vikings is the game of the week -- if not the flavor of the next month, with the two teams having played much of the best football we've seen over the last month.

The fair-weathered fans in Los Angeles will watch as the overly-weathered fans in Minnesota take in Week 11's top offering. One team has ridden the coattails of nonstop offense, while the other cloaks itself in championship defense. It's a matchup of two franchises that couldn't get enough of each other in the big games within the wondrous decade of the '70s. Now comes a heavyweight bout on the back leg of '17.

2cpzy4k.jpg

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I think I just saw at the bottom of the screen (NFLN) that Rivers is Out?

True?  Anyone else see that?

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's expected to play.

You should never trust the NFL Network when it comes to news about NFL games.

• Like (+1) 1

Just responding to the title of the thread.....Miller out?  when was he ever gonna play?  Glenn no surprise there and the good news of the day is Tolbert is out!  That will actually be an advantage to us...it makes out crappy OC stop using him in the most useless ways possible...maybe now on a 3rd and 19 he may actually give the ball to Mccoy....hell even check it down to Mccoy if need be but please for the love of God no more Tolbert!

Chargers -5.5 vs. Bills

Not even sure what this number is now that Philip Rivers is likely to play and Nate Peterman is starting over Tyrod Taylor, but I probably would have taken the Chargers with Kellen Clemens starting, honestly. The Bills don't look like they have given up on Sean McDermott or anything, but I'll happily bet on a weird response from the team when the coach decides to bench Taylor amid a playoff run (the 5-4 Bills are actually the No. 6 seed) en route to a West Coast game for a fifth-round rookie. Taking away what Taylor can do -- run read-option plays/generally cause havoc with his legs -- will limit the holes for LeSean McCoy. And maybe Peterman is a stud that McDermott correctly identified. It's a gamble, though, especially with the Bills starting to teeter pretty heavily when it comes to their performance. They are an OK team that spent the first part of the season playing above its head; reality set in the last two weeks with a 13-point loss to the Jets on Thursday night followed by the Saints eviscerating the Bills in Buffalo 47-10. New Orleans snatched the Bills lunch in every facet of the game. The Chargers should have Rivers and have the sort of defensive front seven that can stack the box against McCoy and put some serious pressure on Peterman. The Chargers don't blow teams out often, but it's hard to see the Bills keeping things close here. This might be the one game that actually feels like a home game for the Bolts too.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-11-picks-the-eagles-throttle-the-cowboys-more-of-will-brinsons-best-bets/

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Chargers -5.5 vs. Bills

Not even sure what this number is now that Philip Rivers is likely to play and Nate Peterman is starting over Tyrod Taylor, but I probably would have taken the Chargers with Kellen Clemens starting, honestly. The Bills don't look like they have given up on Sean McDermott or anything, but I'll happily bet on a weird response from the team when the coach decides to bench Taylor amid a playoff run (the 5-4 Bills are actually the No. 6 seed) en route to a West Coast game for a fifth-round rookie. Taking away what Taylor can do -- run read-option plays/generally cause havoc with his legs -- will limit the holes for LeSean McCoy. And maybe Peterman is a stud that McDermott correctly identified. It's a gamble, though, especially with the Bills starting to teeter pretty heavily when it comes to their performance. They are an OK team that spent the first part of the season playing above its head; reality set in the last two weeks with a 13-point loss to the Jets on Thursday night followed by the Saints eviscerating the Bills in Buffalo 47-10. New Orleans snatched the Bills lunch in every facet of the game. The Chargers should have Rivers and have the sort of defensive front seven that can stack the box against McCoy and put some serious pressure on Peterman. The Chargers don't blow teams out often, but it's hard to see the Bills keeping things close here. This might be the one game that actually feels like a home game for the Bolts too.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-11-picks-the-eagles-throttle-the-cowboys-more-of-will-brinsons-best-bets/

Have these people watched the Bills offense this year?

Just a day removed from the huge decision to bench Tyrod Taylor in favor of rookie quarterback Nathan Peterman, 7ABC's Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn of NYUpstate.com reconvene to consider what might make Sunday a success for the rookie. They also preview the matchup in full and provide their picks for the game.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

You should never trust the NFL Network when it comes to news about NFL games.

I guess not.  They had it running for more than an hour. 

Was starting to look forward to a Peterman vs Clemens gunslinger duel.

Week 11 NFL predictions: Bills at Chargers

First-time rookie starter Nathan Peterman will face what has been a relentless Los Angeles pass rush. The defense and run game must come through for Buffalo to have a chance at StubHub Center.

BILLS AT CHARGERS

Buffalo Bills

Rookie quarterbacks making their first starts over the past two seasons are a combined 3-8, and the only to win on the road was Deshaun Watson. Life will not be easy for Nathan Peterman as he is tasked with slowing the Bills' slide after they were gashed in their past two losses to the Jets and Saints. Peterman will be facing a Chargers pass defense that has allowed 6.0 yards per attempt, seventh lowest in the NFL this season. The Bills will need their running game, which has gained 132 yards the past two games, and their run defense, which has allowed 492 total yards the past two games, if they want to give Peterman a win in his first start. Chargers 24, Bills 16 -- Mike Rodak

Los Angeles Chargers

Facing a rookie quarterback in Peterman, the Chargers should control things defensively with talented edge rushers Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram. The Bills have given up an average of 246 rushing yards a game the past two games, so look for the Chargers to attempt to run the football on Sunday, whether it's Philip Rivers or Kellen Clemens starting at quarterback. The Chargers have not lost to Buffalo at home since 1981. Chargers 20, Bills 13 -- Eric Williams

Peterman behind a banged up offensive line scares me.  TT could run for his life and avoid the sack or big hit.  I don't know how Peterman will handle it.  If he has a bad experience early in the game it could rattle him.  That is a story line I will be anxious about.

COMING SOON: BILLS VS CHARGERS (1:00)

The Bills head west to Los Angeles to take on the Chargers in week 11.

WATCH: BILLS-CHARGERS PREVIEW (2:57)

Bills' QB Nathan Peterman, WR Zay Jones, WR Deonte Thompson, LB Lorenzo Alexander and more talk about the week 11 matchup with the Chargers in Los Angeles.

pl

Fairburn's prediction

It's tough to pick in favor of a rookie quarterback making his first start on the road. However, it's even tougher to do so in this case, because the Bills' defense has been thrashed in consecutive weeks to the tune of 81 points. The Bills also haven't played particularly well on the road this season. The Chargers are a beatable team, and I expect Peterman to play well in his first start, but I'll take the Chargers in a close game. 

Chargers 27, Bills 25