Anyone watch tyrods post game?

Steptide

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Is it speculation that TT played like crap for 3.5 QTRS? = NO

Is is speculation that Peterman made quick decisive throws to WR's down the field? = NO

I feel damn confident Peterman would have lead our team to more than 3 pts in 3.5 QTRs as he did in 2 mins.

I'll indulge you and say you're right.  But it is still a moot point, a QB change will not be made at 5-4 and in the thick of a playoff hunt.

16 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

During garbage time, when NO was nursing a 34 point, I wouldn't read too much into Peterman's performance.  Could be completely different if Peterman started from minute 1 in the first quarter.

Taylor also had several drives in garbage time, and couldn't do anything more than check it down helplessly. 

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

If McD and his staff truly know what they are doing my hunch is they do know Taylor is terrible but obviously not going to admit it publicly and are simply waiting for the right time to make a change to Peterman. That day has obviously come full circle.

As much as I have had more than enough of TT it would be stupid to put peterman

in the game, oline is dreck, please they don't need to finish off this guys career

before hes had a chance to start. They have to live or die with tt now.

Just like after the Panthers game (which yes was premature) how can fans not see that a 5th round rookie QB is more than capable of passing for more than 58 yards in 3 quarters?

Guarantee Peterman would have easily surpassed those numbers even if he turned the ball over. And no I'm not saying we would have won because nothing was stopping this freight train from the bayou today but Peterman certainly probably connects for the TD early to at least make it 7-0 vs 3-0.

And speaking of that, if McD doesn't realize now more than ever the only chance this team has going forward is to score points because of the defense than he's truly in over his head and will be long gone from Buffalo just like the many precedessors that failed before him. Time to show some balls and make a QB change and give this team a chance to actually stay in the playoff race.

5 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Personally, i feel bad for the guy, he seems nice enough. That said do I want to watch 

him lead this team? Nope, not since day 1, I've watched alot of football in my time and 

I have always felt he would make a great career backup, as a starter, just no way.

You nailed it!  I'd like for Taylor to stick around as the backup - he'd bring great change of pace and throw defenses off their game plan coming in off the bench.  He's just not the guy you want as your starter.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

For one more week. The Chargers tried every possible way to lose today (finally succeeding), but they are clearly a better team than us right now. We would've lost to the Jags by 20.

We'll soon see if the Chargers are better than us.  I doubt your assertion regarding the Jags.

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Which is usually decent.

He had an awful game. The problem is with The devoid of talent on the roster. 

Like last Thursday today was a best down in every way.

I agree, there are areas where the Bills' lack of talent and depth have been exposed.  I've said elsewhere, I think the Bills' defensive tackles are getting pushed around.  They are undersized with Dareus gone.  I think Lorax is a liability in some situations as is Preston Brown and Ramon Humber.  The Bills are thin at CB and with Gaines injured and the defensive line not getting pressure the CBs are not holding up.  Then, of course, there are the Tyrod issues.

14 minutes ago, sven233 said:

In response to fans cheering for Peterman entering the game:

"As far as people, I'm not really sure who you are talking about," Taylor said.

"I've never played for anyone other than my teammates, coaches, family. So other than that, it really doesn't matter to me."- Tyrod Taylor

Hey man....if you don't want to play for the fans....if you don't want to play for this city, then it's time to find someone who will. This is OUR team. We care about this team. We need someone at QB that cares about this team and this city as much as we do. If you don't, then we need someone else that does care as much as we do.

Can't believe he said that.

35 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I'm not impressed with McDermott myself.

He's supposed to be a defensive coach.

500 yards rushing in the past 2 weeks.

But to your original topic, thanks for sharing as I didn't see the interview myself

The jury is still out on McD imo. I’m most concerned that his team quit today, especially the D. That’s not a good look. 

Just confirmed, but Taylor's 58 total yards passing today was his career low as a starting QB and one of the worst performances by any starting QB in Buffalo the last 17 years. And with Clay back in the lineup and the addition of Benjamin this says a lot.

Yes the Saints are good but if Taylor were anything close to a franchise QB he would have had better production today and should have easily hit 120+ yards or so even on a 'bad' day.

41 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes I want Taylor gone and dying for a switch to Peterson, but I do feel bad for Taylor and will never question the hard work and dedication he has to this team.

But like most failed in this QB's in this league, hard work and leadership can't compensate for the lack of intangibles needed to succeed in this league.

There's a reason why the guy was a 6th round pick and backup in Baltimore and now it's time to find out if Peterman is the same type of guy or perhaps the next steal.

Hate to break it to you, but Nathan Peterman is in no way, shape, or form the Bills qb of the future. That person will likely be drafted early in next year’s draft. Peterman is basically tj yates/case keenum - below average athletes who can manage games when the starter goes down. Yates was drafted in the fifth round.

Edited by dave mcbride

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Hate to break it to you, but Nathan Peterman is in no way, shape, or form the Bills qb of the future. That person will likely be drafted early in next year’s draft. Peterman is basically tj yates/case keenum - below average athletes who can manage games when the starter goes down. All draftedd in the fifth round.

I’ll take Case Keenum of 2017. 

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

He definitely did. He looked completely crushed, like his wife just left him or something 

I'll watch the presser when it's posted.

He's not the only one "crushed" today.

I'm not a TT hater or hyper.............he needs to fix his problems or he needs to go.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Hate to break it to you, but Nathan Peterman is in no way, shape, or form the Bills qb of the future. That person will likely be drafted early in next year’s draft. Peterman is basically tj yates/case keenum - below average athletes who can manage games when the starter goes down. All draftedd in the fifth round.

Well in fairness to Peterman. He did make a few completions against the Saints 3rd stringers playing prevent at the end of a blowout. 

Just now, Best Player Available said:

Well in fairness to Peterman. He did make a few completions against the Saints 3rd stringers playing prevent at the end of a blowout. 

I’m not clamoring for Peterman to start, and I’m not a fanboy. I don’t think that he is the future of this franchise, but I’d never say that he isn’t. In reality, none of us know. Stranger things have happened in the history of sports. TT was terrible today, and Peterman’s performance doesn’t tell us much. However, let’s not fool ourselves. Taylor was being blown out playing against the same soft defense, he couldn’t do anything. 

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It's funny, everyone is piling on Tyrod (though he had a very bad game today) and calling for Peterman.  What should be getting attention is the offensive game plans and OLine scheme.  Not just this game, but Cincy, Carolina, and Jets games.  Look at Shady's performance this year...it's a fraction of his production this time last year and he's still getting the most touches of anyone.