Anyone watch tyrods post game?

Steptide

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Guarantee with the amount of time TT had today Peterman puts up more than 3 pts on O.

Speculation.  No one can accurately say how Peterman would have done if he started or if the outcome would have been any different.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

During garbage time, when NO was nursing a 34 point, I wouldn't read too much into Peterman's performance.  Could be completely different if Peterman started from minute 1 in the first quarter.

Peterman's performance during garbage time has nothing to do with it ... but A LOT can be read into TT's performance during the first 3.5 quarters ... 9/18 ... 56 yards ... 3 points.

just sayin'

8 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes I want Taylor gone and dying for a switch to Peterson, but I do feel bad for Taylor and will never question the hard work and dedication he has to this team.

But like most failed in this QB's in this league, hard work and leadership can't compensate for the lack of intangibles needed to succeed in this league.

There's a reason why the guy was a 6th round pick and backup in Baltimore and now it's time to find out if Peterman is the same type of guy or perhaps the next steal.

I agree. Peterman is the only way to go now. But, I also thought that was apparent before now.

Tyrod's great days are mediocre for other QBs, his good days are far below average, and his bad days, like we saw today, leave people asking how he ever played football beyond college. Sure, he'll make a play that wows now and then, but people get a little over excited when he actually does something like 200 yards and 2 TDs, which is completely meh. Not sure why the coaches don't admit they also recognize how not good he is. 

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

Peterman's performance during garbage time has nothing to do with it ... but A LOT can be read into TT's performance during the first 3.5 quarters ... 9/18 ... 56 yards ... 3 points.

just sayin'

Garbage time started early today. You don’t think the Saints went into a prevent defense up 30-3? Peterman was actually pushing the ball downfield quickly.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Speculation.  No one can accurately say how Peterman would have done if he started or if the outcome would have been any different.

Is it speculation that TT played like crap for 3.5 QTRS? = NO

Is is speculation that Peterman made quick decisive throws to WR's down the field? = NO

I feel damn confident Peterman would have lead our team to more than 3 pts in 3.5 QTRs as he did in 2 mins.

Edited by Real McCoy

In response to fans cheering for Peterman entering the game:

"I don't listen to the crowd," Taylor said.

"As far as people, I'm not really sure who you are talking about," Taylor said.

"I've never played for anyone other than my teammates, coaches, family. So other than that, it really doesn't matter to me."- Tyrod Taylor

Hey man....if you don't want to play for the fans....if you don't want to play for this city, then it's time to find someone who will. This is OUR team. We care about this team. We need someone at QB that cares about this team and this city as much as we do. If you don't, then we need someone else that does care as much as we do.

Edited by sven233

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

just sayin'

I highly doubt that coaches make personnel decisions based on garbage time performance.  Just like opposing teams with not scheme based on garbage time.

I will agree that TT holds onto the ball a little too long and does not trust the receiver and route.  But how would have NO schemed against Peterman if he got the start?  Could have been an even worse outcome.  Either way, McD is not going to start Peterman at this point because he is a rookie and we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Weird defensive strategy - I know Frazier is all about "bend but don't break," but when you're down by 27 points in the 3rd quarter, don't you stack the box with 8, even 9 if necessary, to stop them from driving 94 yards all on the ground?  It's really better to let them do that than to let Brees have a big completion or two? Just ridiculous.  That, and punting down 27 too. Coached by McDermott like a guy who wanted to keep the score respectable, and who of course failed miserably at doing so ....

Personally, i feel bad for the guy, he seems nice enough. That said do I want to watch 

him lead this team? Nope, not since day 1, I've watched alot of football in my time and 

I have always felt he would make a great career backup, as a starter, just no way.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I highly doubt that coaches make personnel decisions based on garbage time performance.  Just like opposing teams with not scheme based on garbage time.

I will agree that TT holds onto the ball a little too long and does not trust the receiver and route.  But how would have NO schemed against Peterman if he got the start?  Could have been an even worse outcome.  Either way, McD is not going to start Peterman at this point because he is a rookie and we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

For one more week. The Chargers tried every possible way to lose today (finally succeeding), but they are clearly a better team than us right now. We would've lost to the Jags by 20.

7 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

I agree. Peterman is the only way to go now. But, I also thought that was apparent before now.

Tyrod's great days are mediocre for other QBs, his good days are far below average, and his bad days, like we saw today, leave people asking how he ever played football beyond college. Sure, he'll make a play that wows now and then, but people get a little over excited when he actually does something like 200 yards and 2 TDs, which is completely meh. Not sure why the coaches don't admit they also recognize how not good he is. 

If McD and his staff truly know what they are doing my hunch is they do know Taylor is terrible but obviously not going to admit it publicly and are simply waiting for the right time to make a change to Peterman. That day has obviously come full circle.