Every Dareus hater, APOLOGIZE

CanadianFan

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

When you already paid it?!? Do you understand how the cap works?!? They are eating a ton of dead money on Dareus. That was my issue with the trade. He had to remain on your roster through next year. It was FOOLISH to dump him. 

Still havent answered the question. 

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Watch the run defense today and pretend you know what you are talking about.

That’s not even info. Everyone knows that. He thought he had the Jets job and the Bills were paying him regardless of what he did. 

No way bruh.

1 minute ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Still havent answered the question. 

It was $16M whether he was here or not. It’s something like $13M of dead cap space. I wouldn’t have signed him to that deal but you once you did you couldn’t undo it. There is something called “guaranteed money.” 

Just now, jmc12290 said:

No way bruh.

That’s the truth. He though he’d be slick. There was a clause in his contract that it became guaranteed in the event of an ownership transfer. He was the heavy favorite for the Jets job. He tried to double dip and didn’t get the job. He went to Jax as the OL coach (and a well compensated one). 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It was $16M whether he was here or not. It’s something like $13M of dead cap space. I wouldn’t have signed him to that deal but you once you did you couldn’t undo it. There is something called “guaranteed money.” 

That’s the truth. He though he’d be slick. There was a clause in his contract that it became guaranteed in the event of an ownership transfer. He was the heavy favorite for the Jets job. He tried to double dip and didn’t get the job. He went to Jax as the OL coach (and a well compensated one). 

I know there was.  That's why he demanded an extension.  He had all the leverage in the world.  The Pegulas and Whaley balked at it.

I'm not arguing with anybody who is upset with how Dareus has preformed and I wouldn't blame you for wanting to dump him in the offseason that way you can make plans to replace him. There is 0 good reason for dumping him halfway through the season without having a clear cut replacement. Which gets to my earlier point about McBeane thinking the replacement was already on the team.

I liked all the other trades they have made but in this case all you did was actively hurt your team for this year's playoff push. All the other deals have involved getting productive players backs and picks. This was just an ego trip that could have waited until the offseason.

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No he really didn't. 

Your atill paying him this him this year and next.... for a sack of footballs(6th round pick) 

We can miss the playoffs just as easily without him as we did with him. Anybody not on board with the Mcbeane program is gone. Its obviously going to take some time but I fully expect them to turn this around by bringing in guys how want to play hard all the time. These GREAT players many are bemoaning the loss of (gilmore dareus watkins) have ZERO playoff appearances among them. Exactly what the pluck are we missing. Guys who want top buck to not make the playoffs. Tradavious White has made more big plays in nine games than I remember Gilmore making his entire freaking career here. I dont care how talented you are. If your dramatically underperforming goodbye. There is a much bigger picture here. Have you fun now. Ill be the one saying I told you so in a few years.

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dont care about the dead money. Much bigger picture at stake.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

And if they keep losing in the kind of fashion of the last two weeks NO ONE will be on board with the McBeane program and he'll be gone and rinse and repeat.

What do do you think? McBeane are here indefinitely the next 4 years? Not a chance. They look like this this time next year, bye bye!... hell maybe earlier.

Zero playoff appearances. Yep. Should have kept them all. Should have probably given Gilmore Dareus money and made Watkins the highest paid guy in the league.

5 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Zero playoff appearances. Yep. Should have kept them all. Should have probably given Gilmore Dareus money and made Watkins the highest paid guy in the league.

You should keep good players on good contracts. You should make decisions based on your cap situation. You are better off paying Dareus to be here than you are paying Dareus to not be here.

This team was GASHED today on the ground. If you watched that game today and couldn’t comprehend how Dareus would have helped I’m not discussing football with you any longer. 

2 hours ago, CanadianFan said:

Apologize now, if you didn't you know-nothing haters. Your bile makes this fandom toxic. Worse than Chernobyl.

Rather rough wording of your post, but I will freely admit my opinion is trending towards being wrong. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No no but the rotation the rotation nothing will be lost is what i was told when i destroyed this trade 

Yep you did. I disagreed with you and so far, it looks like I was wrong with the expected (non) effect on the Bills run D/ 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You should keep good players on good contracts. You should make decisions based on your cap situation. You are better off paying Dareus to be here than you are paying Dareus to not be here.

This team was GASHED today on the ground. If you watched that game today and couldn’t comprehend how Dareus would have helped I’m not discussing football with you any longer. 

Thats it. Take your ball and go home. Your looking at today. Im looking at this year, the last seventeen years, and the next five. You want to disagree. Thats fine. Dont be a crybaby because we have different views. 

31 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Apologize for what????'

Dareus was a disgrace to this organization and he is outta here for a reason.

Plus, he is an eyelash away from sitting on the pines for a year.

Dareus is to blame for Dareus, not the Bills.

Good coaches can work with players with imperfect attitudes McD on the other hand has this attitude of dumping anyone who doesnt fit his process and system (whatever those are). Dareus was not pulling his weight but whatever little he was doing seemed to hold up our run-D. 

18 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

We can miss the playoffs just as easily without him as we did with him. Anybody not on board with the Mcbeane program is gone. Its obviously going to take some time but I fully expect them to turn this around by bringing in guys how want to play hard all the time. These GREAT players many are bemoaning the loss of (gilmore dareus watkins) have ZERO playoff appearances among them. Exactly what the pluck are we missing. Guys who want top buck to not make the playoffs. Tradavious White has made more big plays in nine games than I remember Gilmore making his entire freaking career here. I dont care how talented you are. If your dramatically underperforming goodbye. There is a much bigger picture here. Have you fun now. Ill be the one saying I told you so in a few years.

You aren't seeing this properly. I agree that it was good to let Gilmore go. He wasn't worth the money. I understand trading Watkins and Darby because you got actual players back that are good at their position. Dumping Darues for nothing in the middle of the season when you don't have a replacement is a huge !@#$ up when you are trying to make the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not a Dareus hater and never questioned his talent but obviously this regime wasn't going to pay him $20+ mil a season just to eat up blockers and play no more than 2/3 of the defensive snaps.

With that said there's no question he's missed right now and in hindsight we may have sacrificed a shot at the playoffs for a meager 6th round pick.

Meanwhile in Jax, St Doug  and Dareus well on his way to a possible division title but should certainly at worse be in the playoffs as a WC.

Jax and Bills Defense Rushing stats;

Before Dareus arrived in Jax:

5.2 yds a carry

After Dareus arrived in Jax:

2.3 yds a carry

Before Dareus left the Bills:

3.4 yds a carry

After Dareus left the Bills:

5.5 yds a carry

If people cant see it this way I'm not sure what else to say.

Edited by Real McCoy