Catholics vs convicts

Buffalo716

Good grief, apparently Miami has been improving since they squeaked by some of those ACC teams Notre Dame dominated.

Wimbush showed why he's just average.   Maybe if he doesn't miss the wide open TD on the first drive he gets his head into the game and doesn't hand Miami 10 extra points and we have a ballgame, but I doubt it would have made the difference.   Miami was ready to fire on all cylinders and ND came out flat.   Kelly had nothing once the original offensive game plan was stuffed;  that's the most troubling outcome.

The only highlight of this night was that sideline reporter.  She's heat.

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Good grief, apparently Miami has been improving since they squeaked by some of those ACC teams Notre Dame dominated.

Wimbush showed why he's just average.   Maybe if he doesn't miss the wide open TD on the first drive he gets his head into the game and doesn't hand Miami 10 extra points and we have a ballgame, but I doubt it would have made the difference.   Miami was ready to fire on all cylinders and ND came out flat.   Kelly had nothing once the original offensive game plan was stuffed;  that's the most troubling outcome.

The only highlight of this night was that sideline reporter.  She's heat.

Will she be in the highlight film? Otherwise I’ll pass.....

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

My house could burn down tonight and I'd walk out smiling. 

Well insured? I hope you’re not a heavy sleeper!

You might want to delete that post in case....well..... you never know.  ;)

Just now, Augie said:

Well insured? I hope you’re not a heavy sleeper!

You might want to delete that post in case....well..... you never know.  ;)

I'm just going to stay up and bask in glory with a fire extinguisherby my side. Hoping for the same outcome against the saints tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

I could not have been more wrong about this game. I really thought ND would win comfortably and run the ball for 300 yards. But Miami just dominated in the trenches, forced turnovers, and ND looked completely overwhelmed and unprepared. Congrats to the Miami fans and ND haters.

You would think after so many embarrassments in big games under Kelly, and his predecessors, over the last 20 years, I would have known better. What a fool I am. Somehow, ND and the Bills continue to give me false hope. This game was akin to the Jets game for the Bills. No more faith in either of these teams for me this year. Bills will get exposed by the Saints tomorrow. ND will get blown out by Ohio State or somebody in a bowl game they have no business being in. Seen it all before.

7 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

I could not have been more wrong about this game. I really thought ND would win comfortably and run the ball for 300 yards. But Miami just dominated in the trenches, forced turnovers, and ND looked completely overwhelmed and unprepared. Congrats to the Miami fans and ND haters.

You would think after so many embarrassments in big games under Kelly, and his predecessors, over the last 20 years, I would have known better. What a fool I am. Somehow, ND and the Bills continue to give me false hope. This game was akin to the Jets game for the Bills. No more faith in either of these teams for me this year. Bills will get exposed by the Saints tomorrow. ND will get blown out by Ohio State or somebody in a bowl game they have no business being in. Seen it all before.

All true except the "forced" part.  Those turnovers where handed to Miami on a platter.  Wimbush was horrible, and the Book pick-6 was the back breaker.   But yes, credit Miami with designing and executing an aggressive defensive plan that took away Adams (I don't know what going on with him, but he wasn't right) and put pressure on Wimbush.  A great QB would have beat them deep all over the field (guys were open all night) and forced them to back off, opening up the run game, but instead Wimbush crumbled.

The lack of preparation, low energy and no Plan B once the offense was stuffed in the first half was yet another nail in Kelly's coffin (hopefully).

Edited by KD in CA

2 hours ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

Savior Peterman? Is that you?

Welcome Back Miami!

I don't usually like big mouths, big schools, braggards and show offs. Because those usually come at the expense of others. But the U's I felt was never about putting someone else down. It always seemed an expression of fun and exuberance. I don't know if this team is good enough to be in the company of Alabama or the like, but their win last night sure was an expression of something. of fun being back in college football. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I feel like you were saying that last night...

i have some matches and gasoline if you really want to live free

I did say that last night. I was trying to post a picture and for some reason it brought that comment back today. You can keep your matches and gas for the time being. We'll see how the Bills do today.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

I was at the game last night.  The atmosphere and game were amazing (from a UM perspective).  

In fact, the whole day was a great recruiting tool for the Hurricanes from Saturday morning's College Game Day (which the Game Day hosts said was the best ever or words to that effect) to the game itself.  The stars certainly have aligned for UM's resurgance. FSU and UF are down and the Canes are back winning on the national stage.  The key for Miami is keeping the elite talent in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties.  After last night, I have to believe that is going to happen. In fact, if you are an elite high school football player anywhere in the country, I have to believe that you are going to give the Canes serious consideration along with the other top tier programs. 

The Catholics v. Convicts bit always was a misnomer and offensive.  It was fun though to see many fans turn it around and embrace it last night by wearing orange inmate costumes.  I also have never heard that stadium buzzing or as loud as it was last night.  When ND was on offense, it reminded me of the days at Rich Stadium during the super bowl and playoff years when  opposing teams were on offense.

The vaunted ND offensive line and run offense were outmatched and Wimbush and Book were rattled by the Miami defense and pressure.  It was interesting to see Notre Dame's "first round pick" left tackle get beat by a true freshman for a strip and fumble recovery.  I also think that Brian Kelly seemed to be rattled as well.  

Before the season, I was worried about the Cane's offense and QB situation.  Malik Rosier was told that he would never start for this team.  Instead of pouting or transferring, he worked hard and became the starter.  He is a tough and productive college QB and makes plays in clutch time. 

Our best offensive player, Mark Walton, got hurt earlier in the year and what happened?  Travis Homer steps up and runs the ball with both power and speed.  The offensive line is developing into a great unit.  The wide receivers have played really well (even a guy who does not get a lot of playing time - Langham - makes big time clutch plays in games against FSU and GT).  Another guy who is getting more and more attention outside of Miami is Braxton Berrios.  I have read people here joke about Berrios being drafted by the Pats.  Those same jokes are made down here. The guy just makes plays and does his job.  I fully expect the Pats to try and get him, but wouldn't be nice for the Bills to have a slot receiver like Berrios who also returns kicks and plays on coverage units.   

I don't know how UM will do against Clemson in the ACC Championship or against teams like Alabama, but I think UM is a LOT closer to those teams than in years past and is rapidly closing the gap.  I think UM, like the Yankees, is about a year or two ahead of schedule.  As mentioned above, because FSU and UF are down this year and Miami is way up, that will be tremendous for recruiting and solidify our already excellent position.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Peter said:

I was at the game last night.  The atmosphere and game were amazing (from a UM perspective).  

In fact, the whole day was a great recruiting tool for the Hurricanes from Saturday morning's College Game Day (which the Game Day hosts said was the best ever or words to that effect) to the game itself.  The stars certainly have aligned for UM's resurgance. FSU and UF are down and the Canes are back winning on the national stage.  The key for Miami is keeping the elite talent the Date, Broward, and Palm Beach counties.  After last night, I have to believe that is going to happen. In fact, if you are an elite high school football player anywhere in the country, I have to believe that you give the Canes serious consideration along with the other top tier programs. 

The Catholics v. Convicts bit always was a misnomer and offensive.  It was fun though to see many fans turn it around and embrace it last night by wearing orange inmate costumes.  I also have never heard that stadium buzzing or as loud as it was last night.  When ND was on offense, it reminded me of the days at Rich Stadium during the super bowl and playoff years when  opposing teams were on offense.

The vaunted ND offensive line and run offense were outmatched and Wimbush and Book were rattled by the Miami defense and pressure.  It was interesting to see Notre Dame's "first round pick" left tackle get beat by a true freshman for a strip and fumble recovery.  I also think that Brian Kelly seemed to be rattled as well.  

Before the season, I was worried about the Cane's offense and QB situation.  Malik Rosier was told that he would never start for this team.  Instead of pouting or transferring, he worked hard and became the starter.  He is a tough and productive college QB and makes plays in clutch time. 

Our best offensive player, Mark Walton, got hurt earlier in the year and what happened?  Travis Homer steps up and runs the ball with both power and speed.  The offensive line is developing into a great unit.  The wide receivers have played really well (even a guy who does not get a lot of playing time - Langham - makes big time clutch plays in games against FSU and GT).  Another guy who is getting more and more attention outside of Miami is Braxton Berrios.  I have read people here joke about Berrios being drafted by the Pats.  Those same jokes are made down here. The guy just makes plays and does his job.  I fully expect the Pats to try and get him, but wouldn't be nice for the Bills to have a slot receiver like Berrios who also returns kicks and plays on coverage units.   

I don't know how UM will do against Clemson in the ACC Championship or against teams like Alabama, but I think UM is a LOT closer to those teams than in years past and is rapidly closing the gap.  I think UM, like the Yankees, is about a year or two ahead of schedule.  As mentioned above, because FSU and UF are down this year and Miami is way up, that will be tremendous for recruiting and solidify our already excellent position.

Amen brother.....Herbstreit saud it was the loudest game he's ever been to.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.