College Basketball 2017-2018

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'd love to see the A-10 with 3;  far more deserving than some 8th seed in the ACC or Big 10 with a losing conference record.

Arrggg on that last possession by Rhody.  :angry:

Dribble, dribble, dribble, PANIC! .....YOU SHOOT IT!   

I believe that we are safely in.

It doesn't matter about the # from each conference at this point.

They have all their work done down to 1 or 2 teams on the edge.......................and we aint one of those.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I believe that we are safely in.

It doesn't matter about the # from each conference at this point.

They have all their work done down to 1 or 2 teams on the edge.......................and we aint one of those.

And you are. But Syracuse also got in. What a joke. I guess for power conferences it's like being 6-6 gets you a bowl game.

Looks like both Bona and Syracuse have to play in.

#13 Buffalo vs #4 Arizona in Boise Thursday. (#13? No respect.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This selection show feels like an episode of Ellen. Live studio audience? Awkward much?

Just fasted to the bracket and froze it and didn’t listen to a second of the nonsense

Gee, USC was hyped as the top team in the PAC 12 and was on the state map preseason and they didn’t make it.

when USC does ANYtHiNg worthy in hoops in the future it will be the first time in my 45 years of watching....

The LIVE studio audience was stupid. Just announce the brackets!

Syracuse & Oklahoma are in?! Yeesh!

North Carolina, Duke & Purdue are 2 seeds, but Michigan State is a 3?!

Happy to see Michigan get a 3 seed.

Did everyone here Ernie Sanders say that the Arizona Wildcats will take on the Buffalo Bills? :lol:

The Midwest Region is the toughest bracket.

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Oh boy Bonnie fans..Davidson and Rhode Island in. I said a month ago the A-10 was 1 bid..3 now?

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I'd love to see the A-10 with 3;  far more deserving than some 8th seed in the ACC or Big 10 with a losing conference record.

Arrggg on that last possession by Rhody.  :angry:

For the 11th year in a row, the A10 gets 3 or more bids.  Thankfully!

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Xavier is a #1 seed for the first time ever. I’m pleased, and concerned about severe disappointment. (I’m a Bills fan, remember?) 

Weren't they a #1 in 1988 with Mark Macon?  The won something like their first 25 games or so. 

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Weren't they a #1 in 1988 with Mark Macon?  The won something like their first 25 games or so. 

That was Temple.  That team was great.  I saw them at Bonas when they were getting close to #1.  That was when basketball actually had positions.  They had the pass first PG, Macon as the shooting guard, Vreeswick aka Threeswick - shooting threes, which were not the whole game at the time, a future NBA power forward (forget his name) and space eating huge center. 

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I wish. Maybe Xavier down in LA? They got confused way back then. 

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

That was Temple.  That team was great.  I saw them at Bonas when they were getting close to #1.  That was when basketball actually had positions.  They had the pass first PG, Macon as the shooting guard, Vreeswick aka Threeswick - shooting threes, which were not the whole game at the time, a future NBA power forward (forget his name) and space eating huge center. 

Duh...of course.   Gettin' old here!   But Xavier was in the A-10 back then too, right?  I'm not totally senile yet?

That Temple team was good.  URI was terrific that year but lost all 3 times to Temple, all in close games.

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Duh...of course.   Gettin' old here!   But Xavier was in the A-10 back then too, right?  I'm not totally senile yet?

That Temple team was good.  URI was terrific that year but lost all 3 times to Temple, all in close games.

I think Xavier and Dayton came into the A10 in the early or mid 90s.  They were in it for about 20 years, I think.  Temple was in it probably for 30 years or so. 

I remember Rhody being good then.  Wasn't Tom Penders their coach and they went to maybe the Elite Eight?

13 minutes ago, bbb said:

I think Xavier and Dayton came into the A10 in the early or mid 90s.  They were in it for about 20 years, I think.  Temple was in it probably for 30 years or so. 

I remember Rhody being good then.  Wasn't Tom Penders their coach and they went to maybe the Elite Eight?

Sweet 16 was in  '88 under Penders; beat ' Cuse, lost to Duke.

Late 90s was the Elite 8 run under Jim Harrick.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Local Cheektowaga prospect Dom Welch has committed to Bonnies... leading scorer in WNY history 

BBB you should be thrilled he is a legitimate scorer 

I AM thrilled.  The only bummer to the day was that Isiah Brockington announced on twitter that he was transferring.  It was a few hours before the Welch presser.  So, some people think that he may have seen his minutes leaving - but he looked like he could have been really good over the next three years - with Welch! 

Also, of note, McKenna Maycock of Randolph is on the women's team - and she is the all time WNY scorer for girls.  So, it's pretty cool that both are Bonnies at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

I AM thrilled.  The only bummer to the day was that Isiah Brockington announced on twitter that he was transferring.  It was a few hours before the Welch presser.  So, some people think that he may have seen his minutes leaving - but he looked like he could have been really good over the next three years - with Welch! 

Also, of note, McKenna Maycock of Randolph is on the women's team - and she is the all time WNY scorer for girls.  So, it's pretty cool that both are Bonnies at the same time. 

Yea I’ve seen Dom play. He went to a post grad school to try and get better offers but he never really got any

he could’ve enrolled at Bonnies for this past year 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea I’ve seen Dom play. He went to a post grad school to try and get better offers but he never really got any

he could’ve enrolled at Bonnies for this past year 

How good do you think he is?  I saw that he hit 39% from 3 this year at prep school, but I didn't see how many he took.  I had previously thought he did most of his scoring on drives. 

3 hours ago, bbb said:

How good do you think he is?  I saw that he hit 39% from 3 this year at prep school, but I didn't see how many he took.  I had previously thought he did most of his scoring on drives. 

I always saw him as more of a small athletic 3 or a bigger 2 who can take it to the hoop

but his SR season at Cheektowaga Central and this past season at SPIRE he has definitely gained a better outside shot that you must respect 

i think by his Sophomore-JR season he will be your top scorer because that’s his game. He can take them over 

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I always saw him as more of a small athletic 3 or a bigger 2 who can take it to the hoop

but his SR season at Cheektowaga Central and this past season at SPIRE he has definitely gained a better outside shot that you must respect 

i think by his Sophomore-JR season he will be your top scorer because that’s his game. He can take them over 

Thanks - looking forward to it!