Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

ALF

LOL..............the desperation of the left................clinging to an outlier Fox poll to give them hope.

Reminder:

Does a win by Roy Moore really mean all that? Why can't it just mean that the voters of Alabama — deprived of these allegations (about old events) until after the primary — were stuck with a choice between a particular, possibly morally flawed Republican who would represent them in Congress by voting for the policies they want and a Democrat who might be less morally flawed but would vote against the policies they want, and they voted according to their policy choices and not as a judgment on the morality of the man?

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

I read this week about a "Trump Voter Suppression Committee" as if that's a real thing and they have watermarked business cards to hand.

They have meetings every Tuesday and Thursday. 6:00 pm sharp. Bring a white dish to pass.

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You racist you! Are you trying to make sure no blacks attend? I'm bringing watermelon & chitlins &n fried chicken.

Who said anything about blacks not attending?!? I just said bring a white dish to pass. The Grand Dragon of the committee doesn't like floral patterns on serving dishes.

49 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Who said anything about blacks not attending?!? I just said bring a white dish to pass. The Grand Dragon of the committee doesn't like floral patterns on serving dishes.

So you expect to just pass a dish with no food in it? Lil Kim  would be really proud of you.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You sure are taking issue with people attacking a child predator...

Just makes you so upset! 

Upset. Me? YOU’RE the one running around here like a chicken with no feet wringing your hands and dribbling from your dick like a lunatic on crack because a Republican might take the seat that another Republican vacated. The smut that oozes from your mind unfiltered to your fingertips  is enough to make a prostitute blush. 

• Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Upset. Me? YOU’RE the one running around here like a chicken with no feet wringing your hands and dribbling from your dick like a lunatic on crack because a Republican might take the seat that another Republican vacated. The smut that oozes from your mind unfiltered to your fingertips  is enough to make a prostitute blush. 

That is one wacky chicken...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The odds of Roy Moore having an inappropriate relationship with any Alabama voter's teenaged daughter are diminishingly low; but the odds of Doug Jones voting for leftist policies and working to sabotage the sitting President are incredibly high.

Democratic Party platforms are so unpalatable to voters in Alabama that Moore wins in a walk away.

I think Moore will lose.  There will be greater voter intensity among Dems due to the Moore allegations and Trump negativity/Hillary payback, Some Republicans probably won't vote for the same reason and Dems have been stuffing early voting ballot boxes like never before.  I think he loses. 

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

I think Moore will lose.  There will be greater voter intensity among Dems due to the Moore allegations and Trump negativity/Hillary payback, Some Republicans probably won't vote for the same reason and Dems have been stuffing early voting ballot boxes like never before.  I think he loses. 

It's certainly possible, an almost certain outcome in a more purple state; though in a state as Red as Alabama I'm not sure even a severely depressed Republican turnout flips the state Blue in a Senatorial election.  The politics are too local, and the stakes are too high.

I do, of course, submit the possibility that I could be completely wrong.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Top Evangelical leaders this week voiced their support for GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore.

Jerry Falwell Jr., the president of Liberty University and an outspoken of President Trump, tweeted support for Moore on Monday with a reference to the Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Sweet Home Alabama."

"AL voters are too smart to let the media & Estab Repubs & Dems tell them how to vote. I hope the spirit of Lynyrd Skynyrd is alive/well in AL. 'A southern man don’t need them around anyhow & Watergate does not bother me, does your conscience bother you, tell me true?@MooreSenate,'" Falwell tweeted.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/364429-evangelical-leaders-voice-support-for-moore

Religious fraud 

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I'm happy to lose both Moore and Frankendouche.

Franken...his election was a sham to begin with, so good riddance.

Moore...Alabama can choose whoever they want for Senate, no matter how stupid they look doing it.

Always interesting............

Where Did All the Money Come From in the Alabama Senate Race?

Super PACs dedicated to the country's top national politicians are spending the most in the Alabama special election
by Francie Diep

Super PACs that have supported the country's top national politicians are the top spenders in the hotly contested race for Alabama's open Senate seat, a new analysis finds.

Alabama's special Senate election has been in the national spotlight since allegations emerged claiming that Roy Moore, the Republican nominee, tried to date teenage girls when he was in his 30s, and had sexually assaulted a 14-year-old. Moore has denied the allegations.

The news prompted upheaval in the Republican Party as many prominent GOP politicians debated whether to support Moore's candidacy. The scandal also created a unique opening for Democratic hopeful Doug Jones, a former United States attorney. In a state where no Democrat has won governorship or a Senate seat in two decades, the race is projected to be close.

MapLight, a California-based non-profit that tracks campaign spending using public data sources, ran the numbers to see who's contributed to this unusual election. Big-name Democrats have spent handsomely to boost Jones' chances, MapLight finds, while major Republican donors seem split about whether to give to Moore. Below, some highlights, as of December 8th:

• Jones has been able to raise twice as much as Moore, receiving $11.8 million to Moore's $5 million.

• Jones' biggest donor is a mysterious super PAC called Highway 31, which was created November 6th. MapLight initially reported that Highway 31 had given $3.47 million to Jones, but Politico later found that number to be more than $4.1 million, including spending on ads. Highway 31 is legally structured in such a way that it doesn't have to disclose its donors until after the election, according to the Daily Beast. Nevertheless, on the eve of the election, Politico reporter Gabriel Debenedetti was able to identify Highway 31 as "a joint project of two of the largest national Democratic super PACs—Senate Majority PAC and Priorities USA Action." Those PACs supported Barack Obama's bid for the presidency in 2012 and Hillary Clinton's bid in 2016. In Alabama, a state that Clinton lost to Trump by 28 points, Jones and his supporters have tried to maintain their distance from the party's big organizations, Politico reports. Debenedetti's work will have undermined Jones' efforts.

• Moore's biggest donor is America First Action, a PAC that champions President Donald Trump's policies. (Trump himself has vocally supported Moore.) America First Action spent more than $1 million, MapLight reports. The group garnered some attention this week by posting a video in which a 12-year-old girl interviews Moore.

More at the Link..............