The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: I'm up to my eyeballs in Cromwell (the dead one) for a project I'm writing now. So that comment was perfect timing for my life. :beer:

When I get home, I am getting on to Twitter and making a "Lord Protector" reply to him.  I'll share it with you.

Don't know why you're not following me.  Sidney Pegula was loving my anti-Bills snark Monday night.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/30/2018 at 8:56 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

7 min, worth the listen: 

If I were a Dem watching this video, I'd be crapping my pants. Maybe it's just the frequency that the interwebs offers, but damn if I don't see a lot of black people turning away from the Dems, finally realizing what we mean by the Dem Plantation.

Never thought I'd see this in my lifetime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

From your link:

Dq3dKcaU0AAszo0.jpg:large

Okay, I call BS on that kind of ad. The second paragraph is  the tip-off. No idiot trying to hire people to sit and listen to Obama would be Peace enough to comment that "similar campaign stops...have not been filled to capacity."

Meanwhile...

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

If I were a Dem watching this video, I'd be crapping my pants. Maybe it's just the frequency that the interwebs offers, but damn if I don't see a lot of black people turning away from the Dems, finally realizing what we mean by the Dem Plantation.

Confirmation bias.  

It's one of the features of the modern internet: it increases the tendency for people to seek out only those interactions that reinforce their beliefs.  It's all but unavoidable - I'm hyper-aware of it, and I still can't avoid it.  It's really to the point that you can't believe anything you read.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

From your link:

Dq3dKcaU0AAszo0.jpg:large

It’s BS. I can see one of the ticket locations from my office. Backed up traffic pretty bad. 

If President Obama needs help filling a 6K auditorium, at a HBC....in Atlanta. The Democrats should just quit.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Are we sure these aren’t just pics/video of sound checks and dry runs? Not a fan of the Democratic Party, but it can’t be that bad?

On 10/29/2018 at 9:20 PM, B-Man said:

Beta O'Rourke is a pretty uninspiring candidate. He's the exact opposite of Trump. Where Trump is a charismatic guy who talks off the cuff and says what he thinks even if it's unpopular, Beta is the traditional stereotypical politician who answers every question with a canned, focus group approved response that attempts to straddle the middle while never actually answering the question. 

Of course, if you look at the sorry state of the Democratic field it's not hard to see why they had high hopes for him. At first glance he has that Mark Warner kind of appeal. Seems like a nice guy and kind of looks the part, but it doesn't take long to see there's not much to him.

That may be enough to keep him in the conversation, but.canned faux-moderate speak never stoked anyone's passions. That said, he's a lot easier to take seriously than Spartacus (who is a reasonable moderate that I would vote for).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kevbeau said:

It’s BS. I can see one of the ticket locations from my office. Backed up traffic pretty bad. 

If President Obama needs help filling a 6K auditorium, at a HBC....in Atlanta. The Democrats should just quit.

Are we sure these aren’t just pics/video of sound checks and dry runs? Not a fan of the Democratic Party, but it can’t be that bad?

Hard to confirm without actually being there - but the Sanders one looked legit. As did last week's Obama rally where they had to cover a whole section of seats with a curtain to make it look more full. We saw it with HRC in the end of the campaign in '16 too so who knows. 

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Beta O'Rourke is a pretty uninspiring candidate. He's the exact opposite of Trump. Where Trump is a charismatic guy who talks off the cuff and says what he thinks even if it's unpopular, Beta is the traditional stereotypical politician who answers every question with a canned, focus group approved response that attempts to straddle the middle while never actually answering the question. 

Of course, if you look at the sorry state of the Democratic field it's not hard to see why they had high hopes for him. At first glance he has that Mark Warner kind of appeal. Seems like a nice guy and kind of looks the part, but it doesn't take long to see there's not much to him.

That may be enough to keep him in the conversation, but.canned faux-moderate speak never stoked anyone's passions. That said, he's a lot easier to take seriously than Spartacus (who is a reasonable moderate that I would vote for).

You would vote for Beta or Booker?

We’ve had more of our share of bomb threats recently, so it looked like more bad news when the Miami Herald reported that a suspicious package had been found at the Miami office of the Democratic Party.

Dq24kiwWsAAhXci.jpg

oMudjbQO_normal.jpgMiami Herald
BREAKING: Suspicious package under investigation at Miami office of Democratic Party https://hrld.us/2SyjD2J 

Police were called, and an exhaustive investigation revealed that the suspicious package contained …...........

oMudjbQO_normal.jpgMiami Herald
Here's what the suspicious package turned out to be https://hrld.us/2SyjD2J 

Dq3MpCFWsAAIQ36.jpg.....................Bill Nelson campaign bumper stickers.

:lol:

Why did nobody mention that Beto O’Rourke’s wife is a billionaire heiress?

Young Beto O’Rourke casts himself as the ‘anti-Trump’. But his father-in-law, it turns out, is a billionaire property developer with a contentious relationship with non-white residents — not unlike the President. Beto’s more the proto-Jared Kushner.

The New York Times today revealed the highly interesting news that friend-of-the-little-guy Beto married well. Very well. His wife is not only the daughter of William D. Sanders, aka the Warren Buffet of real estate, Cockburn can reveal she is the only daughter. Sanders’s portfolio is valued at about $20 billion.

Nothing wrong with that, of course, but something is amiss when an endless stream of laudatory profiles fails to mention it. ‘Stop the Press Before It Profiles Beto O’Rourke Again,’ came the muffled cry of Politico’s Jack Shafer a couple of weeks ago, from beneath a deluge of glowing cuttings about the Texas congressman. Having a profile of the boyishly handsome skateboarder standing against Sen. Ted Cruz is as key an ingredient to a left-leaning media site as an Instagram page or a round of cuts when your staff try to unionise. ...

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My twitter feed is filled with promotions for O'Rourke : "We're within the margin of error. Every dime counts. Contribute today!"

Dude has $80M. Cruz has $30M. But yeah, he needs more money.

Embarrassing how stupid liberals think we all are.

I got two flyers recently: one titled "California Public Safety Newsletter and Voting Guide" and one titled "COPS Voter Guide" with a badge in the middle that looked like it came from a kid's Toy Story costume.

On the bottom of both flyers in small print it says "This organization odes not represent any public safety personnel.

Idiots.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

ANOTHER POTENTIAL GOP HOUSE PICKUP

The Democrats might capture the House this year, but every GOP pickup makes that prospect less likely. Here in Minnesota, we have two very strong pickup opportunities, open seats in the 1st and 8th Congressional districts, both of which went strongly for President Trump in 2016. I am pretty confident that the Republican candidates, Jim Hagedorn and Pete Stauber, will win those races.

Until now, hardly anyone has taken seriously the chance that Republican David Hughes can upset longtime Congressman Collin Peterson in Minnesota’s 7th. But, in a stunning move, Real Clear Politics now rates the contest a tossup.

Peterson has represented the 7th in Congress for 28 years, and has been personally popular in the district. But his vote totals have been slipping with each cycle, and the 7th went for President Trump by 30 points. Peterson has gotten less energetic over the years, and one suspects that he would like to retire. I liken him to Ruth Bader Ginsburg; the Democrats no doubt are pressuring him to stay on, knowing the seat will flip as soon as he retires.

But maybe the voters don’t want to wait that long. As a practical matter, Peterson, like all House Democrats, is little more than a vote for Nancy Pelosi as Speaker. David Hughes has essentially no money, but door knockers in the 7th report that they are seeing five or six Hughes lawn signs for every Peterson lawn sign. Alpha News has the story.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/11/another-potential-gop-house-pickup.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+powerlineblog%2Flivefeed+(Power+Line)