Bills cannot rely on Buffalo weather to slow red-hot Saints

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

my main concern is that the Jets exposed our run D.  Hopefully a 1 game aberration, but the Saints have the best backfield in the NFL, IMO.  

Our run defense has been smoke and mirrors and very misleading since most teams are able to pass the ball at will against us and the Jets simply stayed committed since they were manhandling us in the trenches.

Problem with a team like the Saints though is they do both well and likely be able to set up some deadly play action passes downfield against us.

You people honestly think the Bills won't come out and punch the Saints in the mouth?

If the Bills lose and get crushed by the Saints, I will eat crow.

Bills will be getting bodies back and will have had 10 days to prepare for a familiar opponent to McDermott.

To expect NO to come in here and dominant is just asinine. to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1

The Saints are a flat-out better team with a better coach (not that McDermott is bad!), and in 11 games against McDermott defenses, the Saints have averaged 29 points. The Bills are 0-4 against NO this century and were destroyed the last two times they played them (with Brees carving them up with ease). 

I expect a loss, but of course on any given Sunday ...

The Chargers game will be huge.

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Our run defense has been smoke and mirrors and very misleading since most teams are able to pass the ball at will against us

False - Simple gap discipline and not ever sending run blitzes is, in fact, the opposite of smoke and mirrors. And when teams run on the Bills (even including the Jets game), they run for 3.7 YPC against us. (regardless of being able to "pass at will" against us)

The fallout against the Jets vs. the run came due to poor tackling and gap discipline, over and over.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think the Bills record vs the Saints in " this century" has much relevance to begin with. There are about 5 Bills players remaining from the LAST time the teams met, much less any of the other games. The Bills were also QB'd by Thaddeus Lewis in that contest. McDermott has some prior knowledge of the current Saints from his CAR days. That isn't a huge factor imo, but more relevant than the remaining players ( mostly linemen) from any prior games vs NO. 

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Correction. per SP 

The Chargers game will be HUGE.

Yes indeed Shady, H.U.G.E. and L.A.R.G.E. especially if the Bills go into this game at 5-4 and the Chargers are 4-5.

Hate to think our season might come to an end though with a Chargers loss but very well might be the scenario if we can't beat the Saints.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don't think the Bills record vs the Saints in " this century" has much relevance to begin with. There are about 5 Bills players remaining from the LAST time the teams met, much less any of the other games. The Bills were also QB'd by Thaddeus Lewis in that contest. McDermott has some prior knowledge of the current Saints from his CAR days. That isn't a huge factor imo, but more relevant than the remaining players ( mostly linemen) from any prior games vs NO. 

They've faced Brees-led teams twice and have been destroyed. McDermott's defenses have mostly been destroyed too (29 ppg), although the Panthers did win a couple of 41-38 games. The Bills offense isn't capable of racking up 35+ points, and in any event the Saints D is much improved. 

Edited by dave mcbride

48 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Our run defense has been smoke and mirrors and very misleading since most teams are able to pass the ball at will against us and the Jets simply stayed committed since they were manhandling us in the trenches.

Problem with a team like the Saints though is they do both well and likely be able to set up some deadly play action passes downfield against us.

I know you've proclaimed that you are rarely wrong but yet again this is nonsense. even after last weeks debacle our defense is still tied for 7th in yards allowed per carry. that's a stat that has nothing to do with how OFTEN a team is rushing on us and much more to do with the fact that they just don't have success when they try to.... so its hardly just becuz we have a poor pass d. I would argue teams have passed so much against us becuz they havnt found success on the ground. its that "next gen" enough?

40 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

False - Simple gap discipline and not ever sending run blitzes is, in fact, the opposite of smoke and mirrors. And when teams run on the Bills (even including the Jets game), they run for 3.7 YPC against us. (regardless of being able to "pass at will" against us)

The fallout against the Jets vs. the run came due to poor tackling and gap discipline, over and over.

you beat me to it.... I just cited the same stat. guess I shoulda browsed down the page a bit before I posted but saviors nonsense never stops. so I jumped on it.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Saints OL has given up very few sacks to begin with. I'm not sure this is the way to approach to beating the Saints. I think stopping the run and good tackling will be key to limiting their offense. The Bills got away from this vs the Jets, and haven't had much pass rush to speak of all season. Brees isn't the guy I'd want to risk being hit with a blitz beater against. If this team was going to leave themselves vulnerable in the secondary to manufacture pressure, McCown would have been a sensible target. 

I would agree that the key for the Bills defense is to actually tackle the ball carrier this week. I just don't see the Aints pounding the ball 60% of the time - that's just not what they do.

The Bills defense has been pretty good against the pass because they haven't given up *that* many yards after catch to opposing offenses, and they tighten up the zones in the red zone. A buttload of interceptions helps too. They're not going to stop Brees from completing pssses, but if they can limit the receivers by tackling them almost immediately, the Bills have a good shot at limiting the scoring.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Hahaha, sure he is.

Was Tyrod ever named offensive MVP for a season? 

Tyrod Taylor is not the same level of qb as Drew is.....not quite sure how anyone can even say that

but

Having said that Drew Brees is also getting long in the tooth.....while Tyrod....what ever his prime is...he is probably in it

4 hours ago, nucci said:

When has the weather been to Bills advantage recently?  Remember Dolphins game in snow when Ricky Williams ran for over 200 yds? It's a myth , doesn't exist

Bills won that game.

2 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Hahaha, sure he is.

Was Tyrod ever named offensive MVP for a season? 

You have mental problems.

50 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Tyrod Taylor is not the same level of qb as Drew is.....not quite sure how anyone can even say that

but

Having said that Drew Brees is also getting long in the tooth.....while Tyrod....what ever his prime is...he is probably in it

Talking to xRushx is banging your head against the wall. He is proved wrong  and a crusader by numerous posters-those he puts on ignore, like me.

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

Talking to xRushx is banging your head against the wall. He is proved wrong  and a crusader by numerous posters-those he puts on ignore, like me.

Pot meet kettle.  

You our sir are famous for accusing people of having agendas while you are guilty of the same.  

Stick to talking football and not attacking people.   

Do you understand the concept of IGNORING people that annoy you?

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

Bills won that game.

You have mental problems.

I would actually rather pound my head against a wall than converse with xRushx.

The rain helped us against the Raiders..

But seriously, the Saints play in a friggin dome! A place where the weather is PERFECT every time they play. Being outside in some nasty weather cannot be helpful. But to be fair, it won’t really help us either offensive. 

Edited by Idandria