Know of any Bills fans that don't like wings?

Another Fan

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

+1 - Buffalo wings are fine, but they don't compare to properly smoked wings with a sauce (not necessarily BBQ) that compliments that rub. 

Hot sauce, butter and blue cheese is kind of lazy. 

Very different things, IMO. A good dry rub wing, is a very nice thing. A couple brought some to the bar, on Saturday. Very crispy, and reasonably flavorful. I only had two, even though I was offered many more. 

But for full on beer-drinking/football watching, it's hard to beat a properly made very hot Buffalo-style wing, IMO. Get those endorphins going..

When I make the drive to Buffalo for games or visit family I have to get wings and pizza. The pizza and wings out this way are hit or miss. I guess that's why I am so technical when I order them out this way in the Albany area ("single order, extra crispy, but saucy"). Gugny and Levi can attest to this.

10 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

When I make the drive to Buffalo for games or visit family I have to get wings and pizza. The pizza and wings out this way are hit or miss. I guess that's why I am so technical when I order them out this way in the Albany area ("single order, extra crispy, but saucy"). Gugny and Levi can attest to this.

Here I thought it was just because you were a prick

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't like wing sauce....I prefer a dry rub.

A guy came into a bar and sat down next to me and ordered wings, hot. They warned him that “hot is VERY HOT’. He said “that’s why God invented beer”. They came out not with traditional “sauce” but some kind of a dry rub. During the 1st wing I asked how they were. He said “fine”. During the second wing he said “the heat builds on you”. During the 3rd wing he ordered his 3rd beer. By the 4th wing he had tears running down his face and he was blowing his nose and wiping sweat from his forehead. 

He can’t say they didn’t warn him! It was quite amusing to watch! I stay away from “I DARE YOU” food.  

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

A guy came into a bar and sat down next to me and ordered wings, hot. They warned him that “hot is VERY HOT’. He said “that’s why God invented beer”. They came out not with traditional “sauce” but some kind of a dry rub. During the 1st wing I asked how they were. He said “fine”. During the second wing he said “the heat builds on you”. During the 3rd wing he ordered his 3rd beer. By the 4th wing he had tears running down his face and he was blowing his nose and wiping sweat from his forehead. 

He can’t say they didn’t warn him! It was quite amusing to watch! I stay away from “I DARE YOU” food.  

A bartending buddy of mine, took me to a bar/restaurant in Canada that customer's of his recently opened. Behind my back, he warned them I like my wings REALLY hot, and challenged  them to hurt me. So when I got my wings, they really bore very little resemblance to traditional Buffalo wings. They had a rub and sauce. Their ONLY redeeming quality was extreme heat---but the flavor sucked. Anyway, it wasn't too many wings, and I finished them, with little complaint or discomfort. Several months later we returned and, much to my surprise, there was a plaque on the wall with my name, and how I had eaten the hottest food they had ever seen/made/served (can't remember the wording). 

When I go to Thai or Indian restaurants, I stress I want them to go all out with the heat. I let them know, under no condition will I complain if I find it too hot. Most places just make their usual hot, as they are stupid/pussies/worried about lawsuits/whatever. Now some have stepped up and brought me to tears/sweating/hallucinating---but that's what I signed up for.

We were visiting NYC years ago and my son was so proud he was able to eat a piece of fresh (non-pickled) jalapeño. It was a struggle, but he was ‘a man”.  And then he rubbed his eye with the hand that had handled the pepper. Nothing manly about his reaction there! 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

We were visiting NYC years ago and my son was so proud he was able to eat a piece of fresh (non-pickled) jalapeño. It was a struggle, but he was ‘a man”.  And then he rubbed his eye with the hand that had handled the pepper. Nothing manly about his reaction there! 

My most burning mistake post-nuclear wings was failing to wash my hands before going to the bathroom.

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

The pizzeria I worked in, we used to have to have people sign a waiver for "kamikaze" wings waiving their right to return them if they were too hot.  I think there was maybe one customer who didn't try to return them as inedibly hot.

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

"Oops, I lost a contact.  Oh, there it is..."

"Wait!  You've been handling jalape...ah, hell, somebody get the eye wash..."

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

34 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

My most burning mistake post-nuclear wings was failing to wash my hands before going to the bathroom.

I've done both of those after chopping fresh habaneros.

Bad things, man.

I don't care for wings. I'm not from the Buffalo area, so that probably is the reason why.

When I go to Buffalo next year, I will be sure to have some, but not that many.

I know everyone here will tell me where to get the best food while I am there, since it will be my first ever visit to Buffalo.

49 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I don't care for wings. I'm not from the Buffalo area, so that probably is the reason why.

When I go to Buffalo next year, I will be sure to have some, but not that many.

I know everyone here will tell me where to get the best food while I am there, since it will be my first ever visit to Buffalo.

:o

Never been to the Bufftown? Well then, you really have never had wings, then.  Though, IMO, beef on weck is the top "local" food. 

14 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this thread will make a man hungry

for some wings!

Seriously. Now I'm jonesing for some wings---and a beef on weck.