Know of any Bills fans that don't like wings?

Another Fan

I LOVE wings, but can only eat a few. I had a friend in town and we stopped for lunch at a pizza place with pretty good wings. We each o9rdered a huge slice and he wanted some wings too. I said 10  would be good, as I’d only have 2-3. He thought 20 was better, so we could take some home (leftover wings are NOT my thing). I  had 2 wings, and he polished off the rest. No take out that day. A perfect order for me is 6 wings. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I LOVE wings, but can only eat a few. I had a friend in town and we stopped for lunch at a pizza place with pretty good wings. We each o9rdered a huge slice and he wanted some wings too. I said 10  would be good, as I’d only have 2-3. He thought 20 was better, so we could take some home (leftover wings are NOT my thing). I  had 2 wings, and he polished off the rest. No take out that day. A perfect order for me is 6 wings. 

6 is about my limit, too. Love wings, just can't eat too many. It's one of my favorite things to get at  Mister Dee's: Mini Beef on Weck and 6 Wings (maybe 5, I forget). Hits the spot.

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

6 is about my limit, too. Love wings, just can't eat too many. It's one of my favorite things to get at  Mister Dee's: Mini Beef on Weck and 6 Wings (maybe 5, I forget). Hits the spot.

Like Bloddy Marys, it’s a good thing on a limited basis. Back in the 70’s there was a place called Rosie’s (I think) on Transit Rd out towards Swormville. Better than the big name places, my favorite wings ever. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Like Bloddy Marys, it’s a good thing on a limited basis. Back in the 70’s there was a place called Rosie’s (I think) on Transit Rd out towards Swormville. Better than the big name places, my favorite wings ever. 

Rudy's Tap Room, near UB Amherst (Millersport Hwy?), had great wings back then, too.

Oh, I think it may have been Rootie's. I'm getting old.

Edited by The Dean

Rudy's Tap Room, near UB Amherst (Millersport Hwy?), had great wings back then, too.

Did that become Rootie's?  pretty good wings, best blue cheese dip ever.

I'm usually good for 10, but i try to limit the frequency of the intake as I'm on the wrong side of 50, and should be eating Salmon and steamed broccoli.

Edited by Philly McButterpants

1 minute ago, Philly McButterpants said:

Did that become Rootie's?  pretty good wings, best blue cheese dip ever.

Yes, I edited it above. Bad memory on the spelling.

Their wings were almost always 2 for 1 on large orders.

A place called Tally Ho (not the strip club on Transit) in the Falls had GREAT wings in the 70s.

Edited by The Dean

Ohhh, we may have been at Rudy’s at the same time!  I worked at Charter Oaks apartments/condos very nearby one summer making aluminum caps to surround wood window walls. Long story short, part of my job was to collect all scraps on the site. They sold for 22 cents/pound, and we had a lot of scraps. Scrap money was spent at Rudy’s. But not so much on the wings....

One place I went to years ago, I ordered 50 for takeout, with the intention of going home, eating some, and leaving some for later. The kitchen lost my order, and the manager threw in another 25 for their mistake. If I'm not eating anything else, or am really in the mood for wings, eating 20-25 is no problem.