Who's looking like our competition for the wild card spots?

I am worried that the Bills will lose to the Saints.  At that point, the mood around here will be pretty bad.  

After that there are two games on the road.  After that, the Patriots come to town.  Gulp.

WIll the Bills be 6-6 at that point?

There are several teams that could put together a string of a few good games.

Jags, Ravens, Raiders, Phins, Ben-Gals, even the Jets could all turn their seasons around.

With all the late season conference games, nobody will be able to predict anything for another month, which is just what the league wants.

I'm starting to get Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome.  

I happen to believe the Jaguars & Titans will both lock up playoff spots, 1 as the AFC South winner the other as 1 of the Wildcard teams.  They both sit at 5-3, and while I don't think either team is all that good, they both have relatively soft schedules down the stretch and I expect 9 or 10 wins out of both of them.

That leaves 1 spot for the likes of Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, Oakland, New York Jets, Los Angeles Chargers & the Bengals.  After 17 yrs. of missing the playoffs and terrible offenses I'm not holding my breath that this is the yr. the Bills will make it.

14 hours ago, dubs said:

The sign says, “Don’t feed the Pats Troll”. 

Seriously though, he is either purposely trolling or just the Love child of Stephen A and Skip Bayless. 

Would they actually be able to conceive a child? I think one of them would just lay an egg and it would birth a Savior Peterman like being, possibly non-sentient.  

On 11/5/2017 at 4:32 PM, CanadianFan said:

Bills have a lot of tough games coming up. Saints, Chargers, Chiefs, Pats, Colts, Fish, Pats, Fish. 

I'd say 2 are sure wins - colts, one of the fish games. I don't think we beat them at home. Chargers are NOT bad - so that's a 50-50 game. The rest >50% chance of losing. We're going to need 2-3 upsets to get to a 9 win season. THAT isn't pretty. 

We have a chance against Saints - IF the weather cooperates and is horribly cold and rainy or snows. I'm hoping for cold November Rain and winds LOL. 

We should aim to win out at home...that gives us 8 wins and we need to look for 2 on the road (Colts and Fish would help).  Those WC trips are always hard irrespective of the strength of the opponent.   It all starts with a win against the Saints at home.  This team has 10 days to prepare for Brees and Company.

11 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We should aim to win out at home...that gives us 8 wins and we need to look for 2 on the road (Colts and Fish would help).  Those WC trips are always hard irrespective of the strength of the opponent.   It all starts with a win against the Saints at home.  This team has 10 days to prepare for Brees and Company.

It actually gives us 9 wins because we already have a road win in Atlanta.  I think 7-1 is the worst we can be at home..... that means beating Miami, Indy and one of the Saints and Pats.  

Then we would need to nick one more on the road to get to 10...... Miami and LAC look the most likely.  

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It actually gives us 9 wins because we already have a road win in Atlanta.  I think 7-1 is the worst we can be at home..... that means beating Miami, Indy and one of the Saints and Pats.  

Then we would need to nick one more on the road to get to 10...... Miami and LAC look the most likely.  

good point. I forgot the road game against Atlanta.  I agree that the tough one is the win against NE at home.  We need a pass rush.  They have to get Laswon ready for  Brees, Saints, Smith and Brady.  That is the four QBs we will be facing in the next four games and they will determine our destiny

• SDS featured this topic
38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep. Two are coming out of the south. Tennessee and Jacksonville. Jacksonville should win the division.

So that leaves one wildcard between Bills, Baltimore, Miami, Chargers? Oakland? 

Ill be really disappointed if they don't take at least one from the Dolphins. They suck. 

Jacksonville looks to have an easier schedule of the two,  and Tennessee has been inconsistent on O per reports.

Basically ourselves to be honest.

All we need to do is beat the Chargers, Colts and Dolphins twice and we are in with a 92% chance....AFC is terrible this year...if we dont get in this year this team will be kicking itself.  If we somehow get to 10 wins we are a near lock to make it.

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If Miami makes it it will be again on the strength of two wins versus Buffalo.

They aren't very good but they matchup well with the Bills..........physical line play and they just constantly throw short passes so they are pretty good at doing the thing that Buffalo tries to force other teams to do.

But if the Bills can get at least one from the Fish then I agree it's probably just TN and Ravens the Bills need to worry about.  

Ravens aren't very good either but they still have some quality DNA and have been able to dig deep and outlast weaker-willed teams like Buffalo and squeak into the playoffs before.

I can see the Bills getting in and making a trip to Jacksonville for the wildcard game.  

Dareus instantly resolved their run defense issues.  Jags will be a tough out and if Marrone can keep that cast of screwballs in sync they are probably as talented a team as there is in the NFL and a threat for years to come. 

Unpopular opinion: Marrone is a good head coach. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Ravens fans I know at work have already given up on the season

We shall see.  

Their schedule is very easy. It'll come down to the Detroit game - a semi-quality opponent at home.

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

yeah I'm hoping 10 days is enough prep for coaches and rest for our veteran players. 

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Call me crazy, but the Ravens' schedule looks easy.  They may be a problem.

Unless they magically solve their issues there are plenty of games left for them to lose but I do agree on paper they have a chance to go on a run in the 2nd half but at least they have 5 losses already.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Of the teams below us, the Chargers worry me the most.

Don't forget that NE will go around put down a lot of these teams for good. Denver will have another loss after this Sunday. Ditto for when they play the Raiders. They will beat Miami twice as well.

For me it's the Chargers, AKA the most annoying team in football. They always look mediocre until it either hurts the Bills or helps NE. For example, their awkward QB who looks like he's trying to flip over a table when he throws will have the game of his life to deny KC home field advantage in the playoffs but throw 7 INT the next game.