Woods, watkins TDs

Foreigner

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

LOL 3 former Bills:

#1 Goodwin

#3 Bob Woods

#5 Watkins

Pretty sure Sammy put up a 21.5 against the Chiefs a couple years ago but Goodwin at 21.6 is flying.  

Damn, nice vid.

Our ex Bills have some wheels.

Edited by Real McCoy

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Goff finally reached a 60% completion rate on the season with a strong showing in his last game.........despite playing with all that receiving talent and the high powered offense.

He has been heavily propped up to date..........but if the play calling is great and the playmakers stay healthy there is not necessarily an end in sight.

I mean, that was Tyrod the first month of the 2015 season.......no?

Propped up by playmakers.........everyone healthy.

Except Tyrod was completing over 70% of his passes every week.

Since then it's either been injured receivers and tight ends or just a general disinterest in putting talent around him like this past offseason.

We weren’t on pace in scoring 33 points per game in 2015.  Before Taylor got hurt, in the first five games and the other injuries, we averaged 24 points per game.  What LA is doing on offense is much better than we did.

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We weren’t on pace in scoring 33 points per game in 2015.  

Before Taylor got hurt, in the first five games and the other injuries, we averaged 24 points per game.

What LA is doing on offense is much better than we did.

1) The Bills scored 100 points in the first 3 games of 2015.

That's pretty much 33 points per game.......yes.

2) Your injury timeline is WAY off.

In that third game, in Miami, their two best offensive playmakers..... Watkins and McCoy.....were injured and could not play in the subsequent Giants game.

Then in the Giants game.....the next two best playmakers.........Karlos and Harvin were injured and they and McCoy/Watkins were all unavailable in the subsequent Titans game,  where Taylor was injured.

Does that refresh your memory?

You think Goff and the Rams would keep churning along at 33 points per game if they lost Gurley and Watkins one week and then maybe ALSO Woods and Kupp the following week?

14 hours ago, teef said:

i'm sure you have, and i'm sure you have a much better understanding on the rams offense, but i think people are trying to hard to plump up sammy's importance to that team.  i agree that with having him on the field helps, but as others have mentioned, it's just not worth the 2nd pick and a player for a guy that's probably going to be a one year rental.  if sammy is so important, do you think the rams production is going to fall off the side of the earth next year if he leaves?  i certainly don't, although i could be wrong.

if the bills made a similar move and traded a for a guy who has so little production, some of the same posters who are praising la would be destroying the bills.  some people were so bent out of shape by the watkins trade, that no matter how bad it works out, they'll find a way to defend it.  

Teef you aren't even watching the Rams,  just providing a lazy opinion that suits YOUR agenda.    You probably felt the same way about Marshawn Lynch and Jason Peters trades.

Try watching the Rams.......they are fun.

It's clear you are trying to use conventional, average team logic.......and the Rams haven't been average.........they went from same ol' bummy Rams with a new HC this summer to perhaps the NFC SB favorite......they've been great on offense and they've been just as lucky.

They are going up and down the field on teams without a lot of resistance and all they've needed Sammy to do was occupy Richard Sherman and Josh Norman and Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey........it's been a murderers row of shutdown CB's.......and their young shutdown-CB-shy young QB Goff has hardly had any need to look their way with all the favorable matchups afforded by having a true #1 WR who requires safety attention.   It's a remarkable amount of one read throws to wide open WR's........some of that is McCoy's play calling and some is just the fact that they have more weapons than teams can address in the passing game without exposing themselves to the run game.

But if they got hit with injuries like the Bills have been the past 3 years at WR and TE......and they still may..........Watkins would be getting fed.   Right now they just throw him a bone once in a while.   It's a luxury but they'd miss it if they didn't have it.

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) The Bills scored 100 points in the first 3 games of 2015.

That's pretty much 33 points per game.......yes.

2) Your injury timeline is WAY off.

In that third game, in Miami, their two best offensive playmakers..... Watkins and McCoy.....were injured and could not play in the subsequent Giants game.

Then in the Giants game.....the next two best playmakers.........Karlos and Harvin were injured and they and McCoy/Watkins were all unavailable in the subsequent Titans game,  where Taylor was injured.

Does that refresh your memory?

You think Goff and the Rams would keep churning along at 33 points per game if they lost Gurley and Watkins one week and then maybe ALSO Woods and Kupp the following week?

Okay well lets take out the Miami, NYG and Tennessee game since we had those injuries.  Let's also take out Jax and Cincy since Taylor didn't play.  We will take out the last two games against Dallas and NYJ because Clay, McCoy and Woods didn't play.

So that leaves us 9 games where they were relatively healthy....224 points which equals 24.8 points per game.  Respectable but not what the Rams are doing.

Teef you aren't even watching the Rams,  just providing a lazy opinion that suits YOUR agenda.    You probably felt the same way about Marshawn Lynch and Jason Peters trades.

It's clear you are trying to use conventional, average team logic.......and the Rams haven't been average.........they went from same ol' bummy Rams with a new HC this summer to perhaps the NFC SB favorite......they've been great on offense and they've been just as lucky.

They are going up and down the field on teams without a lot of resistance and all they've needed Sammy to do was occupy Richard Sherman and Josh Norman and Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey........it's been a murderers row of shutdown CB's.......and their young shutdown-CB-shy young QB Goff has hardly had any need to look their way with all the favorable matchups afforded by having a true #1 WR who requires safety attention.   It's a remarkable amount of one read throws to wide open WR's........some of that is McCoy's play calling and some is just the fact that they have more weapons than teams can address in the passing game without exposing themselves to the run game.

But if they got hit with injuries like the Bills have been the past 3 years at WR and TE......and they still may..........Watkins would be getting fed.   Right now they just throw him a bone once in a while.   It's a luxury but they'd miss it if they didn't have it.

Other #1 WR get doubled like Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, OBJ.....they draw attention and still put up production.

Watkins has 19 catches in 8 games this year.  I do think he's talented but never been a big production guy in his career yet.  Certainly not worth the $15 million or so it would have cost to tag him which was a popular theme on here.

Still ridiculous that he has only been targeted 31X's (121st in the league).  And surprise he hasn't lost any speed (as some others have claimed)......

And Royale With Cheese, he can be open all game long (and often is) and Goff isn't looking his way..........  Watch the game and pretty obvious. 

What is sad is that he isn't the #1 option and that lies with Goff & the OC.  Now it could simply be that the OC doesn't trust Goff to throw to the #1 receiver if covered by #1CB & doubled......

Edited by Billsfan1972

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Still ridiculous that he has only been targeted 31X's (121st in the league).  And surprise he hasn't lost any speed (as some others have claimed)......

And Royale With Cheese, he can be open all game long (and often is) and Goff isn't looking his way..........  Watch the game and pretty obvious. 

What is sad is that he isn't the #1 option and that lies with Goff & the OC.  Now it could simply be that the OC doesn't trust Goff to throw to the #1 receiver if covered by #1CB & doubled......

That's two teams that hasn't targeted Watkins a lot.

33 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay well lets take out the Miami, NYG and Tennessee game since we had those injuries.  Let's also take out Jax and Cincy since Taylor didn't play.  We will take out the last two games against Dallas and NYJ because Clay, McCoy and Woods didn't play.

So that leaves us 9 games where they were relatively healthy....224 points which equals 24.8 points per game.  Respectable but not what the Rams are doing.

Other #1 WR get doubled like Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, OBJ.....they draw attention and still put up production.

Watkins has 19 catches in 8 games this year.  I do think he's talented but never been a big production guy in his career yet.  Certainly not worth the $15 million or so it would have cost to tag him which was a popular theme on here.

1) There is no need to look past the first 3 games.......the receiving corps they brought into those games was never CLOSE to healthy again all season..........in addition to Watkins and McCoy and Karlos and Clay missing significant time......his favorite early season target Harvin never returned........and Woods played the year with a torn groin which lead to a complete inability to do anything but fall down after the catch........and Hogan played most of the season with a torn ligament in his wrist......which he basically blamed for key drops in the pivotal KC loss.

The Rams aren't dealing with this stuff week in and week out.........and that's why it's looking so easy.   People remember 2016 as the mash unit Bills WR corps but 2015 was awful for injuries too and Taylor never got a real healthy unit back together until the Dolphins game in Buffalo in 2016 when he went off........and then they entirely disbanded that WR corps.  He's adapted and done his job..........there is no way Goff could survive throwing to the group the Bills had for the first half of this season.

2) The QB's of the teams you are talking about aren't novices like Goff.   He is not reading the entire field.......rarely looking to his second option even....... and I am certain he has neither the freedom or confidence to force balls into Watkins the way that Roethlisberger, Ryan and Manning do with their #1's.   And those guys have experience and personal relationships with those receivers and they know if they don't feed them they will sulk and be very disruptive.

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) There is no need to look past the first 3 games.......the receiving corps they brought into those games was never CLOSE to healthy again all season..........in addition to Watkins and McCoy and Karlos and Clay missing significant time......his favorite early season target Harvin never returned........and Woods played the year with a torn groin which lead to a complete inability to do anything but fall down after the catch........and Hogan played most of the season with a torn ligament in his wrist......which he basically blamed for key drops in the pivotal KC loss.

The Rams aren't dealing with this stuff week in and week out.........and that's why it's looking so easy.   People remember 2016 as the mash unit Bills WR corps but 2015 was awful for injuries too and Taylor never got a real healthy unit back together until the Dolphins game in Buffalo in 2016 when he went off........and then they entirely disbanded that WR corps.  He's adapted and done his job..........there is no way Goff could survive throwing to the group the Bills had for the first half of this season.

2) The QB's of the teams you are talking about aren't novices like Goff.   He is not reading the entire field.......rarely looking to his second option even....... and I am certain he has neither the freedom or confidence to force balls into Watkins the way that Roethlisberger, Ryan and Manning do with their #1's.   And those guys have experience and personal relationships with those receivers and they know if they don't feed them they will sulk and be very disruptive.

Boy you are really reaching with saying Woods played the year with a torn groin?  All he did was fall down after the catch?  Baldo, I've torn my groin before and when you tear it, you can't move your leg.  My doctor specifically told me to not even to try to stretch it for at least 4-6 weeks because you want to tissue to heal.  No stress on that leg for 6-8 weeks.  I walked straight legged and limped that entire time but you're saying, Woods played football with it?  People can't play with torn groins Baldo...they can't even played with pulled muscles.  Some can't even finish games with cramps.  He wasn't diagnosed with a severe groin injury until late December and missed the next two games....that's it.  

The reason Woods didn't have a lot of YAC wasn't because of his injury, our entire passing offense lacked YAC.  I find it hilarious Woods can be out there making sharp cuts like WR's do but after he catches it....he can't run????

There is no need to look past the first 3 games?  Really?  You're saying 3 games is enough of a sample size in a 16 game season?  Well I guess since the Bills only gave up an average of 10.3 ppg on defense this year, we only need to look at that.  Who cares what has happened in the next 5 games.

What's funny is you specifically mentioned the Dolphins game where both McCoy and Watkins got hurt.  But now we can look at that game?  We scored a lot in that game without their services which would be the opposite of what you've been saying.

Bottom line is they were healthy enough to play in 9 games.  There isn't QB in the league that gets 100% healthy players for all 16 games all year.  It's a violent game and players play through injuries all the time.  He had enough time with weapons. Our offense was respectable in that time, not dominant like the Rams.  

Taylor signed an extension with a walk out clause after that season with the previous regime.  This new regime who evaluated Taylor more than you and I slashed his contact essentially in half.  They didn't see enough from Taylor to keep his contract as it.  Now he has a chance to earn his money again this year.  He's had some ups and downs and he's got 8 more games to prove he's the guy going forward.

The same issues you keep pointing out with Goff are the same issues with Taylor.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The QB's of the teams you are talking about aren't novices like Goff.   He is not reading the entire field.......rarely looking to his second option even....... and I am certain he has neither the freedom or confidence to force balls into Watkins the way that Roethlisberger, Ryan and Manning do with their #1's.   And those guys have experience and personal relationships with those receivers and they know if they don't feed them they will sulk and be very disruptive.

They sulk when they get 8 targets a game......  Brown lost it earlier this year over targets and has many times in the past.  Same with OBJ.....

As for Goff's #'s they are just okay in terms of accuracy. 

Again unbelievable that only 31 Targets and 121st in the league and healthy.

Sammy Watkins and Jared Goff finally connected on a big play last week—a well-designed play-action deep shot that got Watkins matched with leverage against Giants safety Landon Collins. Expect another this week against Houston.The Rams love to put receivers in tight splits and on “switch releases” to distort and manipulate defenders’ coverage responsibilities. One defender who has looked slow at times is Texans safety Andre Hal. The Colts used a tight switch release to get T.Y. Hilton against Hal in man coverage on Hilton’s 80-yard touchdown last week.

whats funny about this thread is...since 2014 I stated sammy was soft, only catching well placed deep balls( like Evans was accused of) and that we should keep goodwin as our speed guy /5th wr.  Later I saw no reason to dump woods who now has proven to me much more reliable than zay and a better blocker of course.  We have thompson as our "speed" guy, hes 38 years old or something, Watkins is the new goodwin out in LA, and woods is a guy we could have really used but instead we brought in ummm....jones...mathews.... holmes,....brown....thompson etc.... all to replace what woods was and is doing for the last 5 seasons, being an excellent number 2.

Just dumb.  Why dont people just do what I say? you had 3 years to figure out what I saw in a few games.

next time ill call management and tell them what they are going to do.  one of which was to draft benjamin over twatkins but I was busy that day.

fixed.

Edited by re enlightener

On 11/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Boy you are really reaching with saying Woods played the year with a torn groin?  All he did was fall down after the catch?  Baldo, I've torn my groin before and when you tear it, you can't move your leg.  My doctor specifically told me to not even to try to stretch it for at least 4-6 weeks because you want to tissue to heal.  No stress on that leg for 6-8 weeks.  I walked straight legged and limped that entire time but you're saying, Woods played football with it?  People can't play with torn groins Baldo...they can't even played with pulled muscles.  Some can't even finish games with cramps.  He wasn't diagnosed with a severe groin injury until late December and missed the next two games....that's it.  

The reason Woods didn't have a lot of YAC wasn't because of his injury, our entire passing offense lacked YAC.  I find it hilarious Woods can be out there making sharp cuts like WR's do but after he catches it....he can't run????

There is no need to look past the first 3 games?  Really?  You're saying 3 games is enough of a sample size in a 16 game season?  Well I guess since the Bills only gave up an average of 10.3 ppg on defense this year, we only need to look at that.  Who cares what has happened in the next 5 games.

What's funny is you specifically mentioned the Dolphins game where both McCoy and Watkins got hurt.  But now we can look at that game?  We scored a lot in that game without their services which would be the opposite of what you've been saying.

Bottom line is they were healthy enough to play in 9 games.  There isn't QB in the league that gets 100% healthy players for all 16 games all year.  It's a violent game and players play through injuries all the time.  He had enough time with weapons. Our offense was respectable in that time, not dominant like the Rams.  

Taylor signed an extension with a walk out clause after that season with the previous regime.  This new regime who evaluated Taylor more than you and I slashed his contact essentially in half.  They didn't see enough from Taylor to keep his contract as it.  Now he has a chance to earn his money again this year.  He's had some ups and downs and he's got 8 more games to prove he's the guy going forward.

The same issues you keep pointing out with Goff are the same issues with Taylor.  

You really don't remember Woods groin injury and the offseason surgery to repair it?  

Because it was common knowledge if you followed the Buffalo Bills even kinda' closely......

And yes, pro athletes can play with a groin tear.........just because you are delicate don't project that on Robert Woods.......he's f*ckin crazy!:thumbsup:

If you want your opinion to be taken into account.........and otherwise why expound as you have?.........please catch up on the basics.;)

Btw I know you changed from Teeflebees to quarter pounder with cheese because I didn't approve.........but since you are taking 200# sized sh*ts I gotta' better name suggestion........Hu Jasol.    

Works IMO.....and fits up like a Saban front 7.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:02 AM, papazoid said:

i'm cheering for sammy

he has top 10 WR talent, hopefully for him he winds up on a team that targets him heavy.

Poor Sammy, he's such a victim of circumstances.   He could have been a contender.

Edited by Magox