Saints news

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep!! I saw a stat the other day that he has more INT return yards than yards given up over the last “X” amount of games. I don’t remember exactly what it wasn’t but it was insane.

Lattimore was going to be the pick if we didn’t trade down. 

The other amazing stat is that qb rating against him is lower than qb rating just throwing the ball away.

24 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I love White and think he's going to be a great player but Lattimore is THE TRUTH and next Revis type of player in this league.

That was what my scouting report on him said - potential 10 year pro-bowl level Revis esque starter.

News on the Saints? Yea... they are pretty darn good. We are going to have to play our best game of the season to beat them.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That was what my scouting report on him said - potential 10 year pro-bowl level Revis esque starter.

News on the Saints? Yea... they are pretty darn good. We are going to have to play our best game of the season to beat them.

That is what was said before Denver, Atlanta, and Oakland 

Just now, mead107 said:

That is what was said before Denver, Atlanta, and Oakland 

By me only Atlanta.... who are not as good as I thought they'd be. I have been on the Saints since pre-season. They were my Superbowl darkhorse. That defense is much, much better. The career record is there... give Brees a defense ranking 25th or better and he makes the playoffs. 

This is going to be a real tough game. We played well in those 3 games you mention. We will need to play even better next Sunday. The Saints are the best team we have played so far...  record wise and eye test wise. 

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's who I wanted if they were picking at 10.

Anyone who wanted a CB at the ten spot is prone to being assaulted by NYC Bill. His antipathy toward DBs can not be contained regardless how good a player is. It is a borderline compulsive issue. However, we still love our NYC Gotham man with Alabama roots. I wonder if he says y'all or hey you when he is in Manhattan?  :D

I'm not going to deny the Saints are on a roll, and that they have been playing better defense since the shootout with Detroit, but let's look at their winning streak.

They started out with a season saving win vs. Carolina to get to 1-2. Followed that up beating Miami in London. That team is a trainwreck. The shootout with Detroit got them to 3-2. Since that week, they have faced the Packers with Hundley making his first start, the Bears with Trubisky making his fourth start, and the disintegrating Buccaneers. 

I will not discredit them for the wins over Carolina or Detroit, or try to claim that they do not have a very potent offense. But the rumors of their defense's rise may be slightly exaggerated, considering who they have played recently.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i said this early to falcons and panther fans at work.

it would be easy to see them doing so; 3 years in a row an NFC South team in the super bowl would be something with the Bucs next year.

7 minutes ago, mead107 said:

NO one expected the saints to be this good.  Every one said the Bill would tank.

we will see Sunday. 

Actually I did.

Not sure if we have the history but the thread where I went through pre-season and picked each game I had this as the 6-2 Saints vs the 5-3 Bills. :)

Is the archive gone? 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I’m a big fan of Brees. Class guy.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I’m a big fan of Brees. Class guy.

Have liked him a long time.  Bills should have tried to land him before NO 

58 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I'm not going to deny the Saints are on a roll, and that they have been playing better defense since the shootout with Detroit, but let's look at their winning streak.

They started out with a season saving win vs. Carolina to get to 1-2. Followed that up beating Miami in London. That team is a trainwreck. The shootout with Detroit got them to 3-2. Since that week, they have faced the Packers with Hundley making his first start, the Bears with Trubisky making his fourth start, and the disintegrating Buccaneers. 

I will not discredit them for the wins over Carolina or Detroit, or try to claim that they do not have a very potent offense. But the rumors of their defense's rise may be slightly exaggerated, considering who they have played recently.

I think a valid point but rolling off 6 straight is a feat in this league, even against teams that are on the weaker end of the spectrum. We dropped ugly games against Carolina from that run— and the jets aren’t great.

i don’t think the saints are ELITE but they are a good team and handling business. We will see how they respond to the weather and how we rebound from the loss... game could break either way. On a neutral site 10 times, they probably win 6-7 times at this crossroad. In buffalo- probably close to a coin flip 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I think a valid point but rolling off 6 straight is a feat in this league, even against teams that are on the weaker end of the spectrum. We dropped ugly games against Carolina from that run— and the jets aren’t great.

i don’t think the saints are ELITE but they are a good team and handling business. We will see how they respond to the weather and how we rebound from the loss... game could break either way. On a neutral site 10 times, they probably win 6-7 times at this crossroad. In buffalo- probably close to a coin flip 

I'm not saying it's not a *good* win streak. They're doing what you would expect a team with a veteran coaching staff and veteran QB to do, beating teams that are worse than them.

What I was really getting at is that we all know what the Saints offense is. And after the Detroit game, we would have all assumed that it was going to be another year where Brees and company had to score 35 a game to win. I've heard some buzz about their defense's "turnaround" in the past few weeks, which sounda great, but the truth is they have faced Hundley and Trubisky and then 1/2 a game each of Fitz and Winston. I think the defense is still beatable. They didn't turn into the 85 Bears overnight after being hilariously bad for the better part of 5 games