Everyone, this is what needs to be done on Offense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzvjkDwihd0

This is the offense we should be running every week. Forget the 3-step drops from under center. We need to spread them out, put Tyrod in shotgun, and let him and Shady run wild.

This should be the blueprint for our offense. 

Running the shotgun spread mitigates an opponent's speed on defense, and it highlights the speed you have on offense - primarily Tyrod and Shady for us.

Furthermore, with Tyrod being in shotgun, not only is his field of vision improved, but it limits what a defense can do to contain him from running the ball since the defense is spread thin across the field.

It's literally a no-brainer to me.

So Dennison, DO IT.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Exactly. He should be in the shotgun about 90 percent of the time, with built in zone reads.

But nope, put him under centre and don't make defences have to account for his greatest weapons, which are his legs.....

Really mind boggling to me

Edited by billsfan11

Yeah, and I think this should be fairly obvious to RD at this point, and at times he seems to get it, but then for large chunks of games he falls in love with first down draws, TT over center, and Tolbert.  Sometimes I feel like RD makes the flow of the game harder for no reason and then finally opens it up when we are in positions where we must score to protect a lead or come back.  

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Exactly. He should be in the shotgun about 90 percent of the time, with built in zone reads.

But nope, put him under centre and don't make defences have to account for his greatest weapons, which are his legs.....

Really mind boggling to me

Pretty much that entire game vs Seattle, an elite defense, he was out of shotgun. 

If you go back and look at the 2nd Miami game last yr where we set a record for offense, majority of game out of shotgun as well. 

Our two best offensive players benefit from it. Its a no brainer. 

Just now, bobobonators said:

Pretty much that entire game vs Seattle, an elite defense, he was out of shotgun. 

If you go back and look at the 2nd Miami game last yr where we set a record for offense, majority of game out of shotgun as well. 

Our two best offensive players benefit from it. Its a no brainer. 

Yep, I am in 100 percent agreement with you.

But you know a lot of people are going to say that is a college offence and it is unsustainable, and the Bills need to run a pro style offence...

My answer to that is watch Deshaun Watson this year and the style of offence the Texans ran with him. Pretty sure Seattle's championship caliber defence doesn't think it is too gimmicky..

Dennison needs to follow the rules of the weekly Gameplan Club:

• First rule is we don't talk about or think about using Tolbert.
  • Second rule is we dont talk about or think about using Tolbert.
  • Third rule, see rules one and two.

Seriously, this guy should only be out there for some of the short yardage and goal line plays and to occasionally spell McCoy when he needs a breather.  

STOP TAKING YOUR LEADING RUSHER AND RECEIVER OFF THE FIELD IN FAVOR OF TOLBERT DENNISON.  Its not rocket science for crying out loud.

I'm not an X's and O's guy by any means, but it does seem like making things more spread out, instead of condensed, would benefit our offense. I never played football, so what are the advantages of having the QB under center (not just in our case, but in general)?

Edited by jimmy10

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Actually, all they really need to do is block better. If they do, Shady will run well and Tyrod will produce. 

I agree with the idea but I would also add that the play design also matters. First off we DEFINITELY need to be more aggressive on the line but HB Dive plays won't work with Shady even with good blocking. They stack the box with 8 so Shady can't bounce it outside and he's not really a run up the middle kind of guy. Fred Jackson yes, but not Shady. Speaking of Freddy, sure would love to have him as our #2 at this point. I was always for that idea but I'm sure the people who weren't probably wouldn't mind it now either.

It's very tough to evaluate what exactly went wrong against the Jets when our O-line was being pushed back as if they dont even weigh over 300 pounds or even close to it.

I thought Tolbert was brought in for good blocking and short runs to get the 1st. Having him actually backup Shady is not what I imagined we'd be doing.

We honestly don't have anything special drawn up in our playbook. I expect with the addition of Benjamin for defenses to respect the passing game as long as Tyrod hits him a couple times.

But why can't we draw up something unexpected like getting Logan Thomas the ball on a screen pass and then have him throw? Wasn't he a QB? Stuff like that just to keep the opposing defense guessing.

We need more power on the offense of line in order to play Dennison's offense. We play So Close together that it doesn't open things up, and that's because we don't utilize what we're good at which is movement. We are playing like an offense that is holding something back every single game

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

I'm not an X's and O's guy by any means, but it does seem like making things more spread out, instead of condensed, would benefit our offense. I never played football, so what are the advantages of having the QB under center (not just in our case, but in general)?

Under center, the RB get's the ball with a running start. In shotgun, they get the ball at a dead stop. It's much easier to run under center, and the defense has to respect the run. Those three step drops are a lot harder than they look, especially while looking at the safety and the pass rush. It's also a sign that one can play football more than one way. Power, spread, west coast, you need it all. Power offenses actually have a lot more demanding throws for the QB. Crazy stuff.

It's not the cure-all for the Bills offense. TT will need to get the ball out even faster if they go single back shotgun or empty. LBs are fast in the NFL and can cover. You won't fool anyone with scheme. They've seen it all a hundred times before. It really comes down to physical match ups, and more importantly getting your players to sell out and give everything, really run themselves into the ground.

• Thank you (+1) 1