Everyone, this is what needs to be done on Offense

I truly think minus the fumbles we had a decent game on offense last week.  Not great, especially rushing.  We probably put put up 24 to 28 points and throw for 300 instead of 280 something.  Much like last year if the defense just plays well we have a chance.  We just can't have a bunch of mistakes like turnovers and penalties. 

23 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Need a franchise worthy QB otherwise we are just spinning our wagon wheels to watching other teams play in the playoffs, see last 17 years for references. 

Wow.....thought provoking!  I think you need new material....imo.....

Against Saints, we better spread and sling the ball with a lot of throws to the edges and over the top.  We need 35 points with Clay, the rookie, and the new guy getting at least 5 catches each.  Saints will punt no more than twice.  70 points will be on the scoreboard, unless it ugly weather.

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Against Saints, we better spread and sling the ball with a lot of throws to the edges and over the top.  We need 35 points with Clay, the rookie, and the new guy getting at least 5 catches each.  Saints will punt no more than twice.  70 points will be on the scoreboard, unless it ugly weather.

Ive seen Brees have some horrible road games; especially in Chicago. Lets hope we have a nice cold day in Buffalo next week.  

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Ive seen Brees have some horrible road games; especially in Chicago. Lets hope we have a nice cold day in Buffalo next week.  

Praying for a very very wet downpour and cold day next sunday......Bree's is usually not who he is in the elements but this season so far they won 2 out of 3 road games so far......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNf-axc_4s

This is the video from the Dolphins game. Take a moment to watch that video after watching the Seahawks video. Every single play in both videos (except 1 - the flea flicker) has Tyrod out of shotgun. Look at the play at the 3:43 mark. Insane.

Shady is running wild; Tyrod is running wild. Offense is going bonkers. Thing of beauty. 

5 hours ago, bobobonators said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNf-axc_4s

This is the video from the Dolphins game. Take a moment to watch that video after watching the Seahawks video. Every single play in both videos (except 1 - the flea flicker) has Tyrod out of shotgun. Look at the play at the 3:43 mark. Insane.

Shady is running wild; Tyrod is running wild. Offense is going bonkers. Thing of beauty. 

Ya seems like out of shot gun totality fits the offense way better.

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dennison needs to follow the rules of the weekly Gameplan Club:

• First rule is we don't talk about or think about using Tolbert.
  • Second rule is we dont talk about or think about using Tolbert.
  • Third rule, see rules one and two.

Seriously, this guy should only be out there for some of the short yardage and goal line plays and to occasionally spell McCoy when he needs a breather.  

STOP TAKING YOUR LEADING RUSHER AND RECEIVER OFF THE FIELD IN FAVOR OF TOLBERT DENNISON.  Its not rocket science for crying out loud.

Despite all of the touches Tolbert is getting........McCoy is still on pace for nearly 300 carries again plus more touches than normal in the pass game.

Last time he had 300+ carries in a season was with Philly and that season he lead the NFL in lowest yards per touch..........and check his ypc this year.

He's getting overworked.

It's not that they are taking McCoy off the field too much.........it's that they don't have a quality backup.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And who has been saying that, except everyone?

The person I replied to?

Alpha.

Let me quote:

"STOP TAKING YOUR LEADING RUSHER AND RECEIVER OFF THE FIELD IN FAVOR OF TOLBERT DENNISON"

Does Dennison have control of the 53?;)

They are running McCoy into an early grave to the tune of about a half yard per carry below league AVERAGE.

Keep in mind I didn't like the depth on of the roster but all offseason I thought this team could win 10-11 games if they stayed fairly healthy........and they HAVE been healthy....and that initial preseason contest had me thinking I was gonna' be right about that 10-11 number..........so this isn't gravy to me.......this was an underachieving team getting new, easily adaptable systems that teams wouldn't have tape on for a 5-6 games and was DUE for an uptick.

So I STILL don't like letting Mike Gillislee go and watching Shady's ypc drop by 2 yards..........and trading Watkins and getting epically bad WR play in the first half of the season.........or dumping Dareus and watching them get gashed for 200 yards on the ground the first game thereafter where they were facing decent NFL RB's.   

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The person I replied to?

Alpha.

Let me quote:

"STOP TAKING YOUR LEADING RUSHER AND RECEIVER OFF THE FIELD IN FAVOR OF TOLBERT DENNISON"

Does Dennison have control of the 53?;)

They are running McCoy into an early grave to the tune of about a half yard per carry below league AVERAGE.

Keep in mind I didn't like the depth on of the roster but all offseason I thought this team could win 10-11 games if they stayed fairly healthy........and they HAVE been healthy....and that initial preseason contest had me thinking I was gonna' be right about that 10-11 number..........so this isn't gravy to me.......this was an underachieving team getting new, easily adaptable systems that teams wouldn't have tape on for a 5-6 games and was DUE for an uptick.

So I STILL don't like letting Mike Gillislee go and watching Shady's ypc drop by 2 yards..........and trading Watkins and getting epically bad WR play in the first half of the season.........or dumping Dareus and watching them get gashed for 200 yards on the ground the first game thereafter where they were facing decent NFL RB's.   

Oh I wasn't harassing you, I was agreeing. It seemed like virtually everyone here thinks we need a backup and the only three who don't are Beane, McD and Dennison. It's embarrassing. 

9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Oh I wasn't harassing you, I was agreeing. It seemed like virtually everyone here thinks we need a backup and the only three who don't are Beane, McD and Dennison. It's embarrassing. 

McD and Beane........yes, definitely they don't think they need a better #2 RB............but I don't know if Dennison doesn't know or not.

I think there is a tendency to over-assign blame to Dennison for everything on offense because people don't want to point a finger at McD or his hand-picked GM Beane.

What bothers me is that I think if Gillislee, Watkins and Dareus were here.......combined with the positives gained defensively and the kind of season Tyrod is having.........the offense would have been excellent all season and the team would be sitting in the #1 seed in the AFC right now........AND the outlook on the back half of the schedule would be brighter knowing that we could still stop the run on D and get turnovers to support a very good offense.

• Like (+1) 1

1. The Bills offense is only truly productive when Tyrod is running:  designed runs, options, scrambles.

2. If Tyrod is running frequently, it is very unlikely that he will avoid a significant injury that causes him to miss at least a game and a half.

3. If Tyrod is out for at least a game and a half, the Bills offense likely sputters to a halt as Nathan Peterman sees his first NFL action.

4. If the Bills lose an extra game or two as a result of (3), they become extremely unlikely to make the playoffs.

So there's the problem.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  I say let Tyrod free - encourage him to run, but run as smart as possible (no trying to get that extra yard), and take your chances.

15 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. The Bills offense is only truly productive when Tyrod is running:  designed runs, options, scrambles.

2. If Tyrod is running frequently, it is very unlikely that he will avoid a significant injury that causes him to miss at least a game and a half.

3. If Tyrod is out for at least a game and a half, the Bills offense likely sputters to a halt as Nathan Peterman sees his first NFL action.

4. If the Bills lose an extra game or two as a result of (3), they become extremely unlikely to make the playoffs.

So there's the problem.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  I say let Tyrod free - encourage him to run, but run as smart as possible (no trying to get that extra yard), and take your chances.

Agreed.......he's getting beaten up more in the pocket than on the run.  

Letting him come into the season with those receivers was a slap in the face...........they may say otherwise but I am certain they are surprised by how well he's played under the circumstances.   Done increasingly more with less for a third season in a row.   

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Agreed.......he's getting beaten up more in the pocket than on the run.  

Letting him come into the season with those receivers was a slap in the face...........they may say otherwise but I am certain they are surprised by how well he's played under the circumstances.   Done increasingly more with less for a third season in a row.   

I agree. Given what Tyrod has had to work with, I think this is his best season. But with the season on the line, I also think he needs to be encouraged (allowed?) to do more, particularly with his legs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McD and Beane........yes, definitely they don't think they need a better #2 RB............but I don't know if Dennison doesn't know or not.

I think there is a tendency to over-assign blame to Dennison for everything on offense because people don't want to point a finger at McD or his hand-picked GM Beane.

What bothers me is that I think if Gillislee, Watkins and Dareus were here.......combined with the positives gained defensively and the kind of season Tyrod is having.........the offense would have been excellent all season and the team would be sitting in the #1 seed in the AFC right now........AND the outlook on the back half of the schedule would be brighter knowing that we could still stop the run on D and get turnovers to support a very good offense.

I think that as well. I understand what they are doing. I like most of what is happening. That doesn't mean there aren't a few big mistakes.